RIP: Our Fallen Friends (Ladder Season 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RIP: Our Fallen Friends (Ladder Season 5)

Character name: Boza
Character level: 80(classic HC)
Character class: Sorceress
Character build: BlindTele/Orb
Game difficulty: Hell
Act: 2
Corpse looted: No
Death type: PvR(Radament)

Tried to kick Rada's behind for the sweet skillpoint, but he turned out to be stronger than me. The main problem was a couple of his cold immune buddies were smacking me too, so i got careless

Character name: IDieInTheDen
Character level: 92 3/4
Character class: Necro
Character build: 125 FCR Fishy
Act: 5
Corpse looted: Yes
Death type: Pvm

Conviction Gloams > Me. Also, I am bad at potting.

HC Death Certificate:
============

RIP: Our Fallen Friends
Death Certificate

Character name: YogiRat
Character level:89
Character class: necro
Character build: summoner-jailer
Act: -5
Death type: PvM

Cause of demise: I went into the Drifter cavern, just looking for stuff. The layout was typical, the entrance was at 2o'clock, the narrow path heading S/E with the big island/peninsula in center. First encounter, ice rouges, no problem, DV, BP, amp, attract, revive, business as usual. I notice some heat (arrows) coming from the island. No biggie, I have at few mages and archer revives, I'll pick them off.

I DV, then prowl the edge to see what kind of boss types might be over there. I see two blood-lord bosses, both PI, one might enchanted. The arrows are still coming, not many of them though, it must be some random rogues, out of my DV range. (Wrong your DV is over 16 yards) I attract and wait for a body. That isn't happening fast enough for me so I amp. Deeds in a heartbeat. There must have been an archer pack behind the blood-lords.

I blew it, I could have easily locked up everything in sight with bone prison. This would have blocked the archers also. RIP Yogi, you will be back.

Death Certificate

Character name: Ofc_Angelina
Character level: 58
Character class: Assassin
Character build: Blade fury / Death Sentry / Kicker
Game difficulty: NM
Act: 4
Corpse looted: No.
Type of death: PvM

Details ---> Im so P.O. right now about my deeds tonight I had to join Shaharris game afterwards with my Zerker Barb and **** and pilage the Hell Chaos Sanctuary with him to get my revenge for my sins deeds ...

Anyways - I was clearing out the Santuary with my Sin in Nm and got to The Infector of Souls .. I think my BO had run out as my Merc went down as soon as I popped the seal . I ran back and Juv'ed twice as they were about to take out my Shadow Master and I was at half life . My wife meanwhile was surfing the internet on my other computer and must have lagged me out because my life dropped to ZERO and I tried to save and exit ..

No such luck and I relogged to see a ghost in the channel .. Sad thing was I had 2 other characters in game that were allied with me that could have looted my corpse . I paniked and lost it all . Ahh well such is the HC life and I will rise again .....

Death Certificate

Character name: RayOfLight
Character level: 48
Character class: amazon
Character build: lightning java
Act: 3

Cause of demise: Decided to play a little after a really long time. Was fighting council in Travincal, charged strike made a short talk. Killed Ismail Vilehand & FE Geleb Flamefinger, rushed to Toorc Icefist. When he was almost dead i realized, that he had FE mod too. Started to run away when my valk smashed him. Well, you can guess the rest.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/2118/screenshot005jf0.jpg

Last edited:

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: Horde_Trimagius
Character level: 27
Character build: Tri-Sorc (CB/BL/FB)
Game difficulty: Normal

Cause of demise: Was levelling in Chaos Sanctuary to hit 30 before taking on Diablo. Blizzard killed nicely, until I was surrounded by a pack of Storm Catchers that appeared out of thin air around me. Heard 3 hits right off the bat and lost half my bulb. Tried S&E, hit idle button instead. Fun while it lasted babe. RIP.

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: Awod_Xellos
Character level: 86
Character build: Orb/TK

Cause of demise: Was MFing meph at the start of the new year get him low switch to gull get already to finish him and "DOM DOM deeds" best I can describe it.
Honestly I don't have a clue how it happened it's a darn stable build orb/tk max block but my life/mana went from perfect to 0 near instantly. Shame to was my mf sorc ;(

15g41n6.jpg

=============

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: Loyalpeons
Character level: 82
Character class: Necromancer
Character build: Summoner

Cause of demise: Dolls/complacency/hung-overness

Character name: Ofc_Bloodlust
Character level: 75
Character class: Druid
Character build: Fury Wolf
Corpse looted: NO
Death type: Pvm

Cause of demise -- I decided I had to have the Wp between the Crystal Passage and the Ancients Way . So instead of loggin on with one of my 3 cd keys and giving the wp from another charater I decided to walk . All was fine until I came around a corner and ran into a pack of Might enchanted vipers with a Fanatical enchanted rogue archer pack following behind them . Death came before I even saw what happened .. Sadly I had over 4100 life but something hit me << HARD >>.. Even sadder I didnt get loot because I didnt have my other computer online or fast user switching on my main computer online either ..

2 DEEDs tales in 2 weeks and on the same page , GRR . Not too upset really as I had messed up some stats as I had different end game gear chosen before getting a better set up .. Back to level 21 on the rebuild ...

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: BoD-Canu
Character level:92
Character class: Barbarian
Character build: Singer
Act: -5

Light enchanted Fire enchanted a3 minions of baal made a fool of me. my 6k life dissapeard quicker than a blink. damn

screenshot082vv3.jpg

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: SweetAsSugar
Character level: 86
Character build: FB/meteor

Was doing a usual mf-run and went for shenk. I tele'd to pick up an item and to the left i see a few slingers. The life bulb was at ~60% so i didn't think of hitting a purple right there. In the next second i hear a spear hitting me and deeds.

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: Ofc_Leetah
Character level: 55
Character build: Blizz Baller

Cause of Demise - to quote Metallica " No remorse , No repent , we dont care what it meant .. Another Day , another Death , another sorrow another breath " .

LMAO - well well , it seems I win the award for the most deaths in one month as this is my 3rd deeds post in a month ..

I was heading to Anya with my new sorc . She was a rebuild of my level 89 magic finder that had bad stats and skills placement . I stopped to talk to my son about his homework for a second and apparactly my BO expired . As I went to teleport over the wall to where Anya was I landed right in the middle of Frozensteins pack .. Of course he was Mana Burn and I think fanat enchanted as he was hitting me hard . I managed to consume 3 juvs but he stunlocked me and I couldnt even teleport away . I eventually succummed to his omnipotence and got my latest deeds screen . Lucky for me I had a looter in game so I got my stuff back . Im more upset over all my charms that I lost though .. I had 5 or 6 , +17 to life or better smalls and 5 or 6 , 5 %, 6% , 7% MF small charms .. As well as a nice 15 all resits / 20 life Gc .. Im glad I hadnt transferred my Anni that I got last weekend over to her yet or Id be really PO !!!

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: Upper-Class
Character level: 80
Character build: Blizzard
Corpse looted: Nou

Cause of Demise: Went to kill Pindle in my regular MF runs when a zombie one-shotted my merc, then my sorceress. O' well.

Death Certificate

Character name: Hps_SparkySpark
Character level: 96.25
Character build: Lightning

Cause of demise: My PC is old and locks up sometimes (generally it's related to "Windows Update"), and usually it's accompanied by the VRROOMMM of the fan as it speeds up, because it doesn't know what's going on.

Today it happened about 0.5 seconds after I took the stair down to the Throne room. I heard the teleport sound once, didn't move at all, and then the fan went VRRRROOOOOMMM!!! and I thought, "****, this is the one that's gonna get me". As I was reaching for the reset button I heard "clank" as she blocked a blow from a monster that I couldn't see. By the time I turned to my laptop (was also in the game, with my Barb), she was dead, and "dropped due to timeout" promptly after that.

So far, the ladder still thinks she's alive... so no closure at all.

A sad day in the world of Colin.

Death Certificate

Character name: Ofc_Morticia
Character level: 81
Character build: BLizz baller
Corpse looted: YES

Cause of demise: Sadly after seeing HP's deed screen the Baal runs were all but aborted . I decided I was not done and on Morticia's very first Solo Baal run after getting all her good stuff on I deeded upon entering the throne room . I honesty dont know what happened but she had over 2k life and just died as soona s I walked into the throne room .. Luckily I looted everything excpet my freshly found Anni I found just a few weeks ago ...

Death Certificate

Character name: BoD-Rush
Character level: 70 (which believe it or not is pretty good in classic)
Character build: Orbtress
Corpse looted: no

Nobody bothers with safe tps in classic, mostly becuase monster cant 1 hit you due to being too weak. this usually isnt a problem, even for my sorc with 600 life. But when u add lag and entering a portal..... Deeds

Death Certificate

Character name: Happy_Feat
Character level: 55
Character class: Assassin
Character build: Phnx strike c/c
Game difficulty: nm
Corpse looted: yes. Thanks Dave

Ofc and I were walkjing thru the game. He had a conviction Vor pally, and I was blasting everything with my phnx charges. Things were being demolished with relative ease. We made it all the way to anya when Frozenstein who spawned ce/fe popped and toasted me. I should have known better.

The next one will be better. I did however lose a bunch of cool charms , a ias steelskull+hone on the merc.

that made it two deaths in one night. I had lost my esu barb about 20 mins before that. I almost "never" die, so the game thru a fastball at me to cash in my overdue cards.

:tombstone:RIP: Our Fallen Friends
Death Certificate

Character name: Svidikus
Character level: 20
Character class: Barb
Character build: classic v1.00 dual sword
Game difficulty: Normal
Act: 3 Szark the Burning
Corpse looted: negative
Death type: pvm

Cause of demise: i headed straight into the pack with szark and he also happened to be with a pack of champion lightning bat guys... amped zapped hit by spiders and down. i was just wondering how far i could make it in 1.00 hc and it was not far lol i need to work on my skills :tombstone:

Death Certificate

Character name: ThisNameIsFunny
Character level: 87
Character class: Necro
Character build: Fishymancer
Act: 5 WSK level 2
Corpse looted: negative
Death type: tppk

Cause of demise: Made a Pul 4 Nec Torch game, waited for someone to join. 92 druid showed up and, after prompting, said he didn't have one. I went back in my tp to continue mfing and got hit hard. God I'm dumb. Lost a bit of nice stuff: Mal, my Cobalt, some other good runes, his MF gear, some great charms. I guess I just figured he wasn't a tppker since I figured he was trading or mfing. Never going to make that mistake again, I just wish it hadn't been such a costly character.

Death Certificate

Character name: SatinDoll
Character level: 80
Character class: Paladin
Character build: Hammerdin
Act: 5, Bloody Hills

Cause of demise: I already stupidly cried about it on the main board. Essentially, I got hit by lag while surrounded by a bunch of normal Enslaved and immediately pressed s&e. The game registered, went to a black screen while it waited on the lag, and then rejoined me to the chatroom area where I saw a grey cloak. 1.2k hp and 40%+ block couldn't protect me from maybe 1 second of lag downtime so I presume that the actual s&e disconnect didn't register immediately like I thought it was supposed to. I'm quiting multiplayer for the time being, this was just too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High