RIP: Our Fallen Friends (Ladder Season 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RIP: Our Fallen Friends (Ladder Season 5)

Char Name: lemondin
Char level: 80
Char Class: Pala
Char Build: hdin
Diff: Hell
Act: 5, throne
Corpse Looted: nope :(
Death Type: PvM

Cause of Demise: been doing baals from 60 to 78, bought all the gear, enigma, torch, Cta and stuff.. did some baaling with blastfighter and few other gauss'ers. Everything went fine, no problems - i stopped, to do skill q's, no problems.

Wanted to do a single mf game, just to test out the lad, did dia np, tele down to throne, as lvl 80, lots of dolls.. forgot i didnt have anymore then 4.5k def because i made the bleeding enigma in a breastplate.. 20 dolls popped in my face after 2 hammers.

bang bang bang: your deeds of valor will be remembered, my ***. :(

Oh well.. 1k fg gone, so back to the mf sorc lol

HC Death Certificate:
============

[highlight]RIP: Our Fallen Friends[/highlight]
[highlight]Death Certificate[/highlight]

Character name: [highlight]ZappaFan_Yodel[/highlight]
Character level: [highlight]88[/highlight]
Character class: [highlight]Barbarian[/highlight]
Character build: [highlight]Singer/Frenzier[/highlight]
Game difficulty: [highlight]Hell[/highlight]
Act: [highlight]Baal's Throne Room[/highlight]
Corpse looted: [highlight]Yes[/highlight]
Death type: [highlight]PvMOS[/highlight] (Player vs My Own Stupidity)

[highlight]Cause of demise:[/highlight] Well the good news was I horked a Mav's Diadem on the way to the throne room. Bad news is I got careless at the council wave of Baal's minions and got Deeds. Unmitigated careless play. Normally will always un-poison myself after the 2nd wave, but didn't this time and got 2-shotted for a total of 4.7K life. The first one took me down to about 2/3 life and then Brim popped and finished me off. Irony of it was that I've been glitching Baal for what seems like forever, waiting for my singer to hit 88 before I started working on my IK Barb (not even created yet). Got my MF'er (hell Baal glitcher) up to 88 on the previous run, my singer (and primary pwn'er) hit 88 on this run. Was then going to turn my full attention to making my IK Barb key runner, and of course get some keys and do Ubers with my now-dead Singer/Frenzier. Oh well, instead of making my IK Barb I'm re-making Yodel. He'll be just a little bit better this time and at least I got him looted. Funny thing is I was SO glad to be done glitching Baal and get back to doing some regular questing... well at least I got back to questing again. :)

HC Death Certificate:
============

Character name: guck
Character level: 34
Character class: Necromancer
Character build: Fishymancer
Game difficulty: Normal
Act: 5 Baal's Throne Room
Corpse looted: No
Death type: TPPK

Cause of demise: I made a public baal run in hopes of getting more for additional xp. Some 48 sorc joined, although slightly suspicious, I invited. They took my port made there own and dead. No big deal though, it only took me a few hours to level and it was my first hardcore char.

Character name: Dragev
Character level: 85
Character class: Assasin
Character build: traps
Game difficulty: Hell
Act: act 5- halls og vaught
Corpse looted: no
Death type: pvm

Cause of demise: i was killed by a bugged snake on my way to nilathak

Character name: Arctic_WolfII
Character level: 83
Character class: Druid
Character build: Fury
Act: Act 3 Great Marsh
Death type: PvM

Cause of Demise: Game lagged while trying to take Full rejuvys and did not register while fighting two uniques. Lost all my gear good gear, Dtorch, um'ed Jalals, and full ik items(minus the armor) =(

Character Name:XqS
Character Level:32
Character Class:Barbarian
Character Build:Frenzy
Game Difficulty: Normal
Act: Act 5 Baal run
Corpse Looted: Yes
Death Type: TPPK

Cause of Demise: Foolishly thought I could do public baals, the party was a little too quick to ally me. I walked through portal, bam, I died, Then they gathered around my corpse like carrion.

Character name: Vegard
Character level: 74
Character class: Druid
Character build: elemental
Act: act1 right outside town
Corpse looted: no
Death type: pvm

Cause of demise: I was killed by hedgehogs (one of them was blue with an aura). I died in less than a second

Character name: Zotox (First iteration of many, I'm sure)
Character level: 26 (27?)
Character build: Fishy!
Game difficulty: Normal (kind of sad)
Act: Diablo
Corpse looted: No :\

Zotox feels kind of low for this thread, but he was my first HC character and I had high hopes that I'd have some beginner's luck and get to Hell w/ him. The fishy build seemed way overpowered too, so I thought it would be easy.

I was overconfident going into the fight w/ Diablo, because I had rolled all the other act bosses w/o losing a single skellie, but then I go in and Diablo red lightnings all 10 of my skellies right off the bat, and after the 4th trip to restock them I was standing on the fringe decrepifying Diablo when he red lightning's one of my skellies and I thought I was out of range and I caught the tip of it for a full second and died.

Things I've learned from my first death:
-Don't be overconfident going into any situation... stay cautious
-Get lightning immunity, asap
-Don't play tired at 1:40 AM and expect to be able to react in time to save your life

I'm kind of sad about losing a 29% MF Nagelring that dropped off a unique in the Palace Cellars... along with a couple other uniques and about 5 set pieces on my body/in my stash. Oh well, die and learn :)

Character name: Sippinwine
Character level: 82
Character class: Assassin
Character build: Trapsin
Act: IV

Gahhh! This was my first (and highest level) char since I started back playing again in July. I'm on west so I just play solo on HCL and had gotten a Gheed's, Natalya's boots, and a few other nice items. I decided to move on to Act V so I thought I'd give ol Diablo a shot...Lightning hose took me down faster than I thought it would. >< At least I had muled my Um rune before she died.

HC Death Certificate:
============

RIP: Our Fallen Friends
Death Certificate

Character name: DPDT
Character level: 58
Character class: Barb
Character build: throw/frenzy
Game difficulty: Nightmare
Act:5

Cause of demise: One of those WTF moments. I was slowly working my up the hill, taunting the burning dead archers. I was taking damage and ofc the archers are not leachable, so I had to hit a pot every 5-10 sec. I never let my life blub get below 2/3, about 1200 after BO, which I just renewed. Then wham life drops to 100, juv, wham down to 100 again then some stupid bird hits me before I could pot and it's deeds. He never saw it coming.

I had a lot of fun with this guy, he will be rebuilt.

Last edited:

Character name: Zotox (version 2.0)
Character level: 66
Character build: Fishy...
Game difficulty: NM
Act: V

I did about a dozen baal runs with some helpful banana's today, and it took me from 59-66. I grabbed the unique mageplate and the shako off my mule (given to me generously by bananas) and was doing one last solo run of baal to test out the increased MF on the new gear. Unfortunately, the tradeoff for the +skills and +mf was about 50% less lightning resist (from the rares I replaced). I was sitting at about 30 lightning resist... and I was running through worldstone keep level 2. I was caught in a very thin corridor when I ran into a pack of those lightning spirits with the charged bolts. I got hit with a full barrage, which dropped me almost to nothing, I spammed my full rejuv potions and tried to backpedal out of the corridor but I got hit so quickly I couldn't even move... just frozen in place taking hit after hit... and BAM.

I'm going to postpone build number 3 for a while. I'm a little frustrated right now.

I'm definitely still looking forward to ESUv2 though :)

Death Certificate

Character name: Transmutation
Character level: 63
Character build: Fishymancer / Skellimancer
Act: 2 / Stony Field

Cause of demise: Time of death was about 5 PM when he was fatally stabbed by a carver minion at the Cairn Stones. He had just arrived in Hell today after doing well all through NM. Hell was a little slow going and merc died twice in the Den. Bloodraven was easy. Then poof!

well i dont have any recent deaths, but here is one from a month ago.. I have made 4 sorcs and had to leave on a trip, but one died just before it, and I said screw it and deleted all my characters (including a lvl 90 one). Oh well, I always had more fun starting out then grinding it through.

Death Certificate

Character name: Baaaaaaaaaaaadsong
Character level: 74.99
Character class: Sorceress
Character build: Orball
Game difficulty: Nm
Act 5

Cause of demise: Last run of NM Baal and then i can go to hell, i told myself. I will be 75 and well geared. Guess what? Killing ventar i notice he is fire enchanted. O rly? Dwarf star to the rescue, I think and proceed to take his explosion in the face. 40% fire res, 20% fire absorb, 700 life and 500 mana gone. Stupid? yarr. Sadly losing a 35%/14 viperskin in the process.

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: Azhul_II
Character level: 31
Character class: Paladin
Character build: Hammer
Game difficulty: Normal
Act: 5

Cause of demise: Violated the rules of HC play: Went AFK and played while tired. Trying to get an hour in before I had to leave Kuwait, and payed the price. The level loss isn't a dreadful loss, but the items the character had stored are.

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: KTA_GreenArse
Character level: 75
Character build: Avenger
Act: 2
Corpse looted: Yes

Cause of demise: Fe Ce Blunderbore boss that got popped.
We were battling our way towards Duriel in the Tomb during our weekly KTA session. Only three were present, namely a singer barb, a bonemancer and my Conviction Avenger pally. Were doing Ok-ish until we ran into a pack of Blunderbores. I noticed the boss being FE/CE so I immediately types a warning message, but while I was typing the Bonemancer Shift-Click Bonespirited him, and me, to death.

My bad, I should have walked back before typing. On to the next run ^^

Character name: WatWatInTheBut
Character level: 93
Character build: Hammerdin
Death type: TPPK

Cause of demise: Well, a "friend" lured me to do some baalruns. Had only 16 millions left to 94 so i decided to go. Bad choice. As soon as I joined the game and went in to Throne, got tppk'd. After that, the guy decided to drophack me thus preventing me from getting my loot.

Last edited:

Character name: The_Slither
Character level: 78
Character build: Frozen orber
Act: 1
Death type: Pvm

Cause of demise: I met a unique monster with light ench and mana burn (maybe fire ench too). After it had about 25% health left i switched to ali baba (which means i lose about 100 all res) and after that I just got pwned...

name: Baaaaaaaadsong
Character level: 92
Character build: Meteorb
Act: 3
Death type: PvScriptkiddie

Cause of demise: some pathetic script kiddie by the name of Deers. Tppk on wp, i didnt party with him for the fear of him being a tppker, but had others in my party. You can conclude the rest.
Really hope D3 is P2P, at least in some way. The complete wedontgiveadamndiealreadystupidgame attitude from blizzard towards D2 makes me wonder if same will happen to D3 if it is not P2P :/

Death Certificate

Character name: Cwibzy
Character level: 52
Character build: Meteorb
Game difficulty: Nightmare
Corpse looted: Yes

Cause of demise: Doing some nightmare baal runs with a fellow Gauss member. Attempted to static Baal, teleported on top of him and about 10 of his little wiggly friends pop up and start bashing me. Tried to teleport out but couldn't because of 950 ping lag spike. Tried to save/exit but it was too late *sniff*

Last edited:

Character name: Surrept_orb
Character level: 77
Character class: Sorcerer
Character build: BlindTele/Orb
Game difficulty: Norm
Act: V
Death type: PvTPPK or maybe PvFriend

Logging onto my account i have a feeling something is bad, and i notice 2 missed calls from my friend who also plays d2. My sorc is deleted and in its place a lvl 25...so what is going on. I call my friend who tells me the story..

He was running another friend through normal baal runs on my sorc when he gets TPPKed, i'm not sure whats worse 'my first TPPK' death or the fact i did nothing wrong. I thought the reason having friends that you can trust enough with a password is that you don't have to risk those awful pubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High