Sincere condolences

Re: Sincere condolences

"...Cause of demise: Made a Pul 4 Nec Torch game, waited for someone to join. 92 druid showed up and, after prompting, said he didn't have one. I went back in my tp to continue mfing and got hit hard. God I'm dumb. Lost a bit of nice stuff: Mal, my Cobalt, some other good runes, his MF gear, some great charms. I guess I just figured he wasn't a tppker since I figured he was trading or mfing. Never going to make that mistake again, I just wish it hadn't been such a costly character. ..."

First, I feel for you, man, and I just hate hearing about things like this happening. This TPPK BS has utterly, completely, ruined public Realm play on Battle.Net.

Second, if I heard some crap nonsense from a Level 92 character like "I don't have a TP", I would have instantly gone back to town and trash-talked this asshole with something like "how stupid do you think I am, dude". But the fact is, it's his fault, not yours. Murder is far too kind a treatment for pathetic little creeps like the 14-year-old who's no doubt playing the Druid, giggling about how he "pwned" you. He's a cheater and a loser... that's all he is.

Third, in another thread recently, people are complaining that I'm "paranoid" about allowing untrusted players to join my Hell-difficulty games on Battle.Net.

I bet you're getting a little paranoid, too, right? Remember: "Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean that they aren't out to get you."

Sorry to hear about that, good luck on the rebuild... I have some spare Necro stuff lying around if you need it,

Cheers

Mr. Bill

I'm not paranoid, I just don't party with other people unless their underleveled, I have more than max resistances, or they're paladins/assassins/barbarians. I've always been careful since I know about the dangers of tppk; I just had a moment lapse in common sense, especially since Fishymancer runs are usually pretty slow.

It was actually quite amusing since I had asked him what he joined my game for, right before entering the portal. He responded "what do you think" as I smashed my head into the keyboard. I didn't curse at him or anything, just called myself and idiot and told him good job or something.

I appreciate the condolences/help offer, but it's okay. He did his job by finding enough equipment to fund a decent Hammerdin for faster mf purposes. The most expensive piece of gear he was wearing was probably a Shako, so I didn't lose much except for some good charms and the couple of runes/items in stash. I had xfered most of my stuff a couple of games earlier, so at least I was fortunate in that respect.

RIP: Our Fallen Friends
Death Certificate

Character name: Ofc_ToxicWaltz
Character level: 85
Character class: Necro
Character build: Lord of Mages
Game difficulty: Hell
Act: 5: Wsk
Corpse looted: No
Death type: PvM

Cause of demise: A pack of Champion Black Souls with some Champion Poison Mages ambushed me and it was over in an instant . All I heard was the scream ... Sad as this was becoming on of my favorite new characters . Too bad though as I had spent the better part of two weeks gettign him geared and was really enjoying him .. Even sadder is the fact that I didnt have a looter in game and lost it all --- AGAIN >...

:rant:

Ouch and double ouch... bummer man.

BO - don't leave home without it!

Ouch and double ouch... bummer man.

BO - don't leave home without it!

Ahh thanks man but I knew better really .. I posted this in the necro forum --->

I learned a lot about playing this build in the few weeks I had him running ..
1) its expensive and the items do not come cheaply , neither do Insight Golums
2) its very powerful once decked out in decent gear - I ended up with 35 point Skeleton mastery , Skeleton mage , Golum mastery , 33 Lower resist .
3) its very fun to teleport as a Necro with Minions
4) I learned without BO and max resists he is a bit fragile - IE - Deeds ...

I was wearing the following - P topaz Shako , Enigma , P diamond Homonculus , 35 % fcr Spirit Sword , Goldwrap , +1 Marrowalks , +3 summoning ammy , rare rings . My merc was decked out with a Obediance thresher , Tals mask, and an Ethereal Black Hades with P topazes ...

Was a very fun build though and I made it to level 85 and was killing everything I do with my Blizz / baller sorc with him . I even ran the Mini Bosses and collected the organs with him one time . I didnt have max resists on him and on the remake I'll be sure to get that corrected . In the end the 25 Lightning resist with no absorb is what got me toasted .. I normally wont try and tele WSK without wearing a Tgods but I felt safe the 100 other times I made it through ...

Lucky me I didnt get looted either so Im starting over with ghetto items again , but thats HC for ya and Ofc_DarkMajik will rise again ....

===============

And finally - I had just come home from my evening walk and was feeling good so I fired up some D2 and hoped into the game . I had just turned on my other computer and while it was booting up I hit Pindle , Shenk , Eldritch , Mephisto and did the countess with no problems . I was just going to take a peek in the WSk and see if any gloams were there . I got to the first bend and as soon as I walked in the line of sight of the SOULS they must have all hit me at once . I was toasty and heard the scream and I just sat there shaking my head as my other computer was idling away begging to be logged in . I told myself Id never not have loot in a game again as I have 3 legit cd keys but for some reason I took the risk and it backfired on me again ..

Ahh wel Im back to level 8 with the rebuild as of log out last night and the cycle begins again ...

:jig:

Yeah, make sure you get that absorb plus max lightning res. Even maxed, those bolts can sometimes add up.

Also, when my necro was still alive, every once and a while I'd get nearly creamed by a group of Cold enchanted Souls. I think elemental damage stacks on their lightning spells so load up on the other resistances too.

Death Certificate

Character name: Rinky
Character level: 97
Character class: Sorceress
Character build: Meteorb
Act: 5

Cause of demise: I was teleporting just another baal run when the house phone rings, i know it can sometimes cut the connection so i quickly save and exit. I whispered the others (/f m) saying i was on the phone and would be right back. Ended the phonecall 10 seconds later and rejoined; got failed to join game. Glanced down in the channel to see i was robed. I can only assume the phone ringing did lag the line for just enough time to get me as those in game said i died then almost immediately timed out.

Went back to the death site to see a conviction snake pack. Still surprised they got me, i was pretty stacked and had barb BO. Lost some nice items, perfect sorc torch, 20/15/10 annihilus, perfect maras, cold skillers w/ life amongst other things i'd collected. Really not too fussed about the items though, losing a level 97.5 char is brutal.

So i guess that marks the end of my bid for a 99 hardcore character before Diablo 3, because i don't really feel like remaking!

Special shoutout to Spawn_Wretched who levelled with me nearly the whole way and lost his 97 necro about a week ago, crazy bastard has rerolled though, good luck Spawn!

~1have2much3time

well good try man i havent played iun forever but it hink i can remember like 93 of those levels good luck with your ventures doubt i play diablo 2 again

Death Certificate

Character name: Rinky
Character level: 97
Character build: Meteorb

Cause of demise: I was teleporting just another baal run when the house phone rings, i know it can sometimes cut the connection so i quickly save and exit. I whispered the others (/f m) saying i was on the phone and would be right back. Ended the phonecall 10 seconds later and rejoined; got failed to join game. Glanced down in the channel to see i was robed. I can only assume the phone ringing did lag the line for just enough time to get me as those in game said i died then almost immediately timed out.

Went back to the death site to see a conviction snake pack. Still surprised they got me, i was pretty stacked and had barb BO. Lost some nice items, perfect sorc torch, 20/15/10 annihilus, perfect maras, cold skillers w/ life amongst other things i'd collected. Really not too fussed about the items though, losing a level 97.5 char is brutal.

So i guess that marks the end of my bid for a 99 hardcore character before Diablo 3, because i don't really feel like remaking!

Special shoutout to Spawn_Wretched who levelled with me nearly the whole way and lost his 97 necro about a week ago, crazy bastard has rerolled though, good luck Spawn!

~1have2much3time

well good try man i havent played iun forever but it hink i can remember like 93 of those levels good luck with your ventures doubt i play diablo 2 again

Thanks Bob,

Turns out i couldn't stay away. She's level 84 and climbing again.

Just one last go ;>

~1have2much3time

Yeah, make sure you get that absorb plus max lightning res. Even maxed, those bolts can sometimes add up.

Also, when my necro was still alive, every once and a while I'd get nearly creamed by a group of Cold enchanted Souls. I think elemental damage stacks on their lightning spells so load up on the other resistances too.

I can personally attest that your comments about Cold Enchanted Souls is correct -- even with Lightening Resist / Absorb stacked to the heavens, those things hurt! Like, I have had Javazons with TGods and 85%+ Lightening Resist / 70%+ Cold Resist, almost taken out in one shot by those damn things. A pack of them with a few Champion Souls or Souls with Conviction :shocked:, is a very, very scary set of monsters to face, even with BO.

What's odd about it is that I have never taken the same kind of damage from Black Souls just with other elemental modifiers like Spectral Hit, Fire Enchanted, etc.; but when they have Cold Enchanted, for some reason that I can't fathom, you seem to get a double or triple whammy out of it, and of course it slows you down so you're a good candidate for another two or three shots before you can duck around a corner and chill out.

The Frost Nova that serves as their parting shot when you finally do kill them can also be a nasty surprise, if you have had your life bulb degraded while chipping away at these things.

Anyway, sorry about your loss... good luck with the next pasty white guy

Cheers

Mr. Bill

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: MaryLong
Character level: 66
Character build: Lightning vita/max block
Game difficulty: Nightmare
Corpse looted: Yes

Cause of demise: I lagged in a pack of gloams on the way to Anya and clicked on the big purple potion lots of times, but nothing happened - Dead. I really should've save&exit, but seems like I didn't.

To S&E or not S&E, that is the question! You wouldn't have gotten to loot if you had S&E'd and you had died anyway, that's for sure. Of course sometimes when you lag you die & get disconnected so it's all moot in that case. But at least you got loot, and that always softens the sting of a lost character, that's for sure.

Master Zap said:
HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: Guardian Of_TheWoods
Character level: 83
Character class: Druid
Character build: Fire Hunter I advocate How however.
Act: 1
Death type: Town Kill bug/hack exploit. GRRR!

Oooo that burns me up! Damn hackers...can't even watch a decent duel these days! Sorry to hear that Sara and that Grizzly was a BEAST!

HC Death Certificate:
============

RIP: Our Fallen friends
Death Certificate

Character name: YesICanDoItToo
Character level: 96,99
Character class: Paladin
Character build: TK/Orb

Savage death dude, condolences

Aye,

that's gotta sting... losing a char that so much time has gone into.

HC Death Certificate:
============

RIP: Our Fallen friends
Death Certificate

Character name: LoveYouToDeath
Character level: 75
Character class: Baba
Character build: Untwinked Thro Baba
Act: 1

I was shot down by two gangs of archers sceletons with... combo aura... Fanaticism and Blessed Aim...

His son BulletsAreMine said words of one track...

"The river runs red, screams of pain
Released by victims of my bullet rain
Kill, killing is my drug
My gun is my god
You will suffer my slug"

...and will continue journey of his father...

Condolences dude, still, his son is kicking as much as is his father did I can imagine; you really showed that a Throw Barb can pw0n untwinked! :)

Condolences to ivans KTA fart necro. Let's hope v2 is up to date by next monday!

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: Lots of names
Character level: 1-90
Act: 1-5
Corpse looted: Nope
Death type: PvM!

http://mykyoyo.googlepages.com/NowYouDont.PNG

Maybe I've been listened to too much Refused, but when they said, "The destruction of everything is the creation of something new," I figured that they were right.

I wonder if there is something in the air . . . I thought about doing the same thing yesterday but instead settled on letting everything expire . . . I wonder if your way would be more fun . . .

I wonder if there is something in the air . . . I thought about doing the same thing yesterday but instead settled on letting everything expire . . . I wonder if your way would be more fun . . .

The best part was teleporting my sorc around without a shield. I finally set her down in group of dolls and sent off her last Frozen Orb.

It's certainly always been fun to break ****, though. So... why not? :thumbup:

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: CindyCrawford
Character level: 95
Character class: Amazon
Character build: Java

Cause of demise: Decided to do some baalruns on my own. On the third run i was facing dolls coupled with hell witches. Was amped and i saw my merc hitting two dolls, one of which i was standing close to, thought i would survive the explosion so i just throwed a LF at them. Big mistake. 4-5 other dolls runned into me at the same time as i throwed the LF. They all popped at the same time so i had no time to react.
Since i won't have much time to play the following weeks i'm not sure if i'll continue to play before the reset.

I'm really sorry Fred. That's gotta sting!

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: Dark_Sister
Character level: 38
Character class: Assassin
Character build: Warrior/Monk
Game difficulty: Nightmare
Act: 2
Corpse looted: Yes

Cause of demise: Act 2 Radament, killed him with full health and then his corpse explosion killed me....

Sorry to hear about that; sounds like he was Fire Enchanted (which is bugged damage in Nightmare, one-hit deeds to almost any character :shocked:, no matter how much Fire Resist / life it has). Make sure to take on any FE monsters with ranged attacks, never go toe to toe with them in Nightmare mode.

BTW, I searched for you on US East, as I have a lot of Non-Ladder characters in Hardcore, maybe if I had been there this wouldn't have happened.

Better Luck next time,

Mr. Bill

Death Certificate

Character name: ComeIntoMyWeb
Character level: 72
Character class: Assassin
Character build: Kicker/Trap Hybrid
Game difficulty: NM

Cause of demise: Had been doing baal runs for days and had just saved up enough pgems to get some decent equipment for my first start on HC ladder. I thought it was relatively safe to run with 50ish resists and burst of speed on to speed up the baal runs. Been doing it for a while and didn't have a problem. Ran up into the throne of destruction and died with 800 health gone in the blink of an eye. Saw 3 lightnings and a two of those cows with axes on my corpse.

Think ima gonna give up hardcore for now.

Character name: ShoesOfSkin
Character level: 18
Character class: Necromancer
Character build: Fishymancer
Game difficulty: Norm
Death type: PvP(if it qualifies as that)

Alright, I've lost hope in playing HC mode on Bnet. I simply joined a norm game, a level 88 Pally hostiled me and I died from what I'm guessing was Holy Fire right beside my stash. I never left town, and took about 2 steps before I died.

What the hell happened? Hacks?

Almost certainly a cheat or hack of some kind... but are you sure it happened when you were right next to the stash, with no clear line of sight to where you were standing from outside the Rogue Encampment?

The reason why I ask this is, there are a number of well-known cheats involving a decked-out Act 1 Mercenary firing from outside town but still hitting and killing unsuspecting Hardcore players inside the "safe" area. However, if what you wrote in the obit is exactly correct, we may be looking at something entirely new and completely impossible to compensate for, courtesy of the griefers, hackers and cheaters who have now completely ruined Hardcore mode on public Battle.Net.

N.B. -- Apparently in earlier versions of Diablo (1.07 if memory serves right), there was some kind of stupid hack where if you dropped your character's Dexterity score below "zero", an integer wrap-around bug occurred in the game code and you got ridiculous things like Paladins with Holy Fire auras doing 65,535 points of Fire damage per pulse. But my understanding was that this was fixed in either 1.08 or 1.09... from the description above, it unfortunately looks like the cheaters may have found another way to hack the same end result.

What I can't figure out is how they then engineered the ability to "Hostile" someone when both the aggressor and the victim are far within the (supposed) "safe zone" of a town. :steam:

All of this just goes to show two things :

(1.) Public Hardcore D2 games on Battle.Net are even more of a futile waste of time than they ever have been, since the advent of TPPK; and

(2.) Here we have yet <sigh> another reason why Blizzard needs to get rid of "non-consensual hostility" in the Diablo series of games, period.

As long as this game mechanic is enabled, it will be endlessly exploited by juvenile griefers to ruin the game for everyone else via the kind of cheat that you were apparently victimized by. There is simply no possible way for Blizzard to plug all the potential software exploits that could leverage "non-consensual hostility" to achieve the same kind of result that killed your Necromancer. It bewilders me why some people can't understand that this is just a fact, like it or not.

Anyway, only a level 18... could have been worse. I'd suggest you join a Banana game so you don't get ganked this way again.

Cheers

Mr. Bill

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High