RIP: Our Fallen Friends (Ladder Season 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RIP: Our Fallen Friends (Ladder Season 5)

RIP: Our Fallen Friends
Death Certificate

Character name: Ofc_ToxicWaltz
Character level: 85
Character class: Necro
Character build: Lord of Mages
Game difficulty: Hell
Act: 5: Wsk
Corpse looted: No
Death type: PvM

Cause of demise: A pack of Champion Black Souls with some Champion Poison Mages ambushed me and it was over in an instant . All I heard was the scream ... Sad as this was becoming on of my favorite new characters . Too bad though as I had spent the better part of two weeks gettign him geared and was really enjoying him .. Even sadder is the fact that I didnt have a looter in game and lost it all --- AGAIN >...

:rant:

Death Certificate

Character name: Explore
Character level: 38
Character class: Sorceressss
Character build: Classic Orb/Static
Game difficulty: Nightmare
Act: 3

Cause of demise: Went to kill NM travi with my sorceress. Everything was fine, I killed some minions and had most of em to low life due to static. Then I shoot an orb and bam an FE boss was right next to me and I died. Bleh.. With all that nice gear and all those hours lvling her.. I lost the motivation to remake.. so a new b.net break for me now, might play some SP HC or just have a break.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2v3k4mh.jpg

Death Certificate

Character name: Rinky
Character level: 97
Character class: Sorceress
Character build: Meteorb
Act: 5

Cause of demise: I was teleporting just another baal run when the house phone rings, i know it can sometimes cut the connection so i quickly save and exit. I whispered the others (/f m) saying i was on the phone and would be right back. Ended the phonecall 10 seconds later and rejoined; got failed to join game. Glanced down in the channel to see i was robed. I can only assume the phone ringing did lag the line for just enough time to get me as those in game said i died then almost immediately timed out.

Went back to the death site to see a conviction snake pack. Still surprised they got me, i was pretty stacked and had barb BO. Lost some nice items, perfect sorc torch, 20/15/10 annihilus, perfect maras, cold skillers w/ life amongst other things i'd collected. Really not too fussed about the items though, losing a level 97.5 char is brutal.

So i guess that marks the end of my bid for a 99 hardcore character before Diablo 3, because i don't really feel like remaking!

Special shoutout to Spawn_Wretched who levelled with me nearly the whole way and lost his 97 necro about a week ago, crazy bastard has rerolled though, good luck Spawn!

~1have2much3time

Death Certificate

Character name: DECOYisHC
Character level: 65
Character build: FB/Meteor
Act: 3

Cause of demise: Was breezing through some nm meph runs, fresh off finding an occy. Thought I'd see if my lucky streak would continue, was teleporting through durance...turns out there is a mini boss pack of dolls that spawned in a corner of a room. I teleported into the middle of this pack and stupidly cast a fireball instead of just trying to tele out and next thing I know it was deeds, despite having 950 hp and max resists...too many doll bodies exploded directly on me. Was careless. Oh well, friend helped me make a lvl 63 blizz sorc to replace her in no time.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/4035/screenshot424wc5.jpg

HC Death Certificate:
============

[highlight]RIP: Our Fallen Friends[/highlight]
[highlight]Death Certificate[/highlight]

Character name: [highlight]Azhul[/highlight]
Character level: [highlight]Level 90[/highlight]
Character class: [highlight]Barbarian[/highlight]
Character build: [highlight]Dual Wield Axe Whirlwinder[/highlight]
Game difficulty: [highlight]Hell[/highlight]
Act: [highlight]Act 5[/highlight]
Corpse looted: [highlight]No[/highlight]
Death type: [highlight]PvM[/highlight]

[highlight]Succesfully crawled solo all the way to the throne in spite of Oblivion Knights and other hazards... just stopped paying attention to my life for a second right inside the throne room... Realized what I'd done, looked and saw about 1/20th life, slapped the hell out of my rejuv hotkey, but perhaps there was an instant of lag involved. Deeds. Enough wealth on that character to, well... I won't be remaking him. :dontknow:[/highlight]

Death Certificate

Character name: Leky
Character level: 61
Character class: Amazon
Character build: Furyzon

Cause of demise: Tried to complete ancients. Korlic and Madawc died without any problem. But... I forgot that Talic is Fire Enchanted. Charged Strike him wasn't a good tactic

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: MaryLong
Character level: 66
Character build: Lightning vita/max block
Corpse looted: Yes

Cause of demise: I lagged in a pack of gloams on the way to Anya and clicked on the big purple potion lots of times, but nothing happened - Dead. I really should've save&exit, but seems like I didn't.

Re: Sincere condolences

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: Guardian Of_TheWoods
Character level: 83
Character class: Druid
Character build: Fire Hunter I advocate How however.
Act: 1
Death type: Town Kill bug/hack exploit. GRRR!

:rant::hang:
Screenshot394.jpg

Cause of demise: Popped into a duel game to watch some high levels duke it out. Being a Powerful summoner it was entertaining to have people spar the bear. This was a powerful character in play, but as his life was low (about 1K) he was somewhat fragile and required attention to monster mods.(which kept things interesting)

Fissure was great with summons for pi's and some aoe added damage. The Fire Hunter is my favorite druid build.

Screenshot393.jpg

Then add Concentrate via Pride+Might Merc. Throw in a dash of Heart of wolverine to complement Fanat via the Faith Great bow. :crazyeyes:

One isnt supposed to be able to be killed in the saftey of town. :coffee:

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: DClone_Bane
Character level: 82
Character class: Paladin
Character build: Freezadin

Cause of demise: My first attempt at an anni finder: Hah!! Got killed by a pack of rot walkers in one of the ice caves while I desperately and fruitlessly hit the rejuv button. I was only short of the angelic ammy and a 3 os scourge for 'Black', had all of the rest of the kit. Every pally I ever build ends up with a vitality problem.... Oh well....

HC Death Certificate:
============

RIP: Our Fallen friends
Death Certificate

Character name: YesICanDoItToo
Character level: 96,99
Character build: TK/Orb

Was teleporting to throne as usual and i was about to tele to the other side of the room to open a tp. Thought i could tele through a mob of doomknights with might as i had done dozens of times before, but this time they one-hitted me. A maxed TK, 50%+ block and 2k+ life wasn't enough for her to survive the blow. Fortunately i didn't lose much of value on her, but i'm not sure if i will give it another try and make a new baalchar.

Without the help from the gaussmembers she wouldn't have come this far on the ladder so a big thanks to you guys!

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: YesICanDoItToo
Character level: 96,99
Character build: TK/Orb

Was teleporting to throne as usual and i was about to tele to the other side of the room to open a tp. Thought i could tele through a mob of doomknights with might as i had done dozens of times before, but this time they one-hitted me. A maxed TK, 50%+ block and 2k+ life wasn't enough for her to survive the blow. Fortunately i didn't lose much of value on her, but i'm not sure if i will give it another try and make a new baalchar.

Without the help from the gaussmembers she wouldn't have come this far on the ladder so a big thanks to you guys!

screenshot005t.jpg

Image for that one. Sorry mate.

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: Rosarius
Character level: 81
Character build: Fanatic Zealer/One point Uber Smiter

Rounded a corner on a walk to Hell Baal run and a colossal pack of conviction souls blasted me, life melted away, was nuts!

Oh well, all my nifty items were looted and I only had my Treachery Scarab Husk in my stash for buffing...the only thing i'm miffed about is the @ res charms in my backpack and spending ALLL day today walking him from Act 1 Stony Field to Act 5! Had a bit of help with waypoints and Act 4-5 (as I was bored of walking by then!) from gaussers so thanks a lot guys and for looting my poor dead ***!

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: Dragev
Character level: 95,2
Character class: Asassin
Character build: Traps

I was teleporting to baal, but at worldstone keep lvl3 i meet some doomknights with might and fanatasism aura.
they killed me instantly=P
YesICanDoitToo's death earlyer this week was very similar to my death, so i guess doomknights are underestimated by many of us.

screenshot035e.jpg

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: LoveYouToDeath
Character level: 75
Character class: Baba
Character build: Untwinked Thro Baba

I was shot down by two gangs of archers sceletons with... combo aura... Fanaticism and Blessed Aim...

His son BulletsAreMine said words of one track...

"The river runs red, screams of pain
Released by victims of my bullet rain
Kill, killing is my drug
My gun is my god
You will suffer my slug"

...and will continue journey of his father...

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: suicide_blonde
Character level: 65
Character class: amazon
Character build: Fender
Game difficulty:NM
Act: anceints
Corpse looted: no
Death type: PVM

Cause of demise: She was an attempt at a PDR build. Things were going pretty well in nightmare, only a couple of NDEs due to FEs.

Korlic was extra strong, Talic cursed, and I never read Madawc's stats. The merc went down quick. This was a Defiance guy with a Rockstopper and a double sol'd Spirit-forge. I should have taken the hint, I could have done this better.

Character name: Nighthavk
Character level: 60
Character class: Dudu
Character build: Wind
Corpse looted: no
Death type: PVM

I was sick today, so I sneezed, lost myself for a second, and all it took was two thorns from a ranged mob. It can be said that I was too low for hell hc just now but I was kinda pumped about the build's early game opness. :(

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: Lots of names
Character level: 1-90
Act: 1-5
Corpse looted: Nope
Death type: PvM!

http://mykyoyo.googlepages.com/NowYouDont.PNG

Maybe I've been listened to too much Refused, but when they said, "The destruction of everything is the creation of something new," I figured that they were right.

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: CindyCrawford
Character level: 95
Character class: Amazon
Character build: Java

Cause of demise: Decided to do some baalruns on my own. On the third run i was facing dolls coupled with hell witches. Was amped and i saw my merc hitting two dolls, one of which i was standing close to, thought i would survive the explosion so i just throwed a LF at them. Big mistake. 4-5 other dolls runned into me at the same time as i throwed the LF. They all popped at the same time so i had no time to react.
Since i won't have much time to play the following weeks i'm not sure if i'll continue to play before the reset.

Death Certificate

Character name: Oophaga
Character level: 45
Character class: Barbarian
Character build: Thrower
Game difficulty: NM
Act: 2

Cause of demise: First time to NM A2 -- After sewer-duty I started on my clear of the Rocky Waste, managing to take down the first boss pack right outside Lut Gholein. Then I ran into the second pack, an intimidating mass of Scarabs. I was doing fine, practicing my regular hit-and-run technique, but then time seemed to stop. Uh oh...lag spike, better save and exit. But I didn't, deciding stubbornly to wait it out. Before I could reach the gates of the city, having attempted to down all my health potions...insta-death!

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: kombi
Character level: 92
Character class: nec
Character build: summoner
Corpse looted: yes

doing ancients for my trapper and a friend . phone rings start talking dont notice one is on top of me light and fire enchanted = deeds.stupid me:banghead: 3200 life doesnt go to far:hang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High