Riftabarb?

Feb 3, 2011
Riftabarb?

Has anyone ever tried this? A Frenzy barb, using dual Rifts, and Moron with an Infinity.

Nightwing Helm w/ cold facet- We'll need all the extra +cold skill damage we can find
Dual Rifts Scepters (big surprise)
Treachery Armor? - For ias and Fade (Truly I've no idea what would be best here)
Ravenfrost- Duh
Other ring can be what you want I suppose?
Blood gloves- For boss killin'
Boots- No idea if there's even a best item for here, maybe Gores for better cb on boss killing?
Belt- Tgods is always nice

On Switch-
High physical damage weapon for dealing with CI's, using WW mainly, or Zerk if it's both CI and PI

Skills:
Master- Frenzy, Mastery of your switch weapon, BO, and WW I suppose. (No need for synergies on Frenzy)
Extra skills could go to pumping Increased Speed to make your Barby run even faster? Eh.

Obviously this is a very rough write-up, I was struck by the idea and thought I'd throw it out there. Anyone have any thoughts? I know there's a lot of room for improvement, don't let me down!

P.S. A Voice of Reason/Rift combo could be used for the extra -24% CR on the VoR.

Last edited:
Re: Riftabarb?

Low physical damage on your Rift/VoR might cause problems with LL. Also VoR gives CBF so you can use another ring - perhaps BKWB (although the AR and mana are still good on RF - but with your infinity it's not that important) You could add Demon Limb for a boost to fire damage and then maybe add some lightning charms. That way you have:

Cold Damage: Frozen Orbs, Ice Blast, VoR, RF
Fire Damage: Rift, Demon Limb
Poison Damage: Venom from Treachery
Lightning Damage: Charms
Magical Damage: Rift
Physical Damage: Tornados, Switch weapons (maybe Lawbringer for Decrep and some other weapon).

Nice Fireworks

I guess swords (Phase Blades if you can stomach the look) would be the best to pair up with Rift as you are relying on stuff other than physical damage and repairing will be a pain.

Stupid idea: you could try using Ormus' Robes

Ormus robes would really complete the theme :p

I've toyed with this idea before. Never really seemed like it would quite work right though.

It's a shame CtC doesn't work on WW.

Give it a shot though!

This has been done before. VoX Dei.

Good Luck!

Aw shucks. I was hoping this at least had a shred of originality, but I guess not. Thanks for the link though, I'll definitely be checking that out more in the future (I thought I googled it heavily...eh)

And there's no way I have the wealth to try this haha, just mulling the idea around for funs. At the moment the best rune I have is an Io (I moved into SP in the past 2 weeks or so).

Someone else should try it! My time allotted out to D2 just really isn't enough to make this build at the moment, and it'll be on the shelf for quite some time.

I gave this a run awhile back. Made rift in a Cadaceus and VoR in a Scourge. I found it difficult to get enough physical damage to make leach really usefull, so the idea to use a switch with physical damage isn't a bad option. Crowd control is an issue you'll need to address with either Delirium or Warcries. It certainly is doable, but you'll need to exercise patience and, for me, is a hard to learn attribute when utilizing frenzy and the speed it brings with it. I'm sure better players than me can handle the build easily, but I found it difficult going and the player setting in hell difficulty had to be lowered to p1 for much of the way. I ended up just switching to grief/beast/fort combo and patting the toon that way in order to finish him up and get the socket quest done. Was much much easier!

@ioupainmax - I believe that it does from what I remember when researching the build. The problem is that both Rift and VoR don't really come with ED. VoR comes with some ed to demons and undead, and if you use maces, you'll get the bonus ed to undead from those as well. If you choose to enhance the cold damage, then you'll not have much physical to leach from and if you choose to enhance the physical via Fort, then you will lower the cold effectiveness. Kind of a catch-22. I did have infinity as well, but if you don't use enigma, then you will tend to outrun your merc and the aura which is bad, and if you do use enigma, it kind of defeats the purpose of frenzy, as it is quicker to run to the next bad guy than it is to tele to him, esp with the bonus to frw enigma provides.

Ok thanks - that link in post 5 was very interesting and somewhat confusing - is the german frenzy speed calculator now up to date with the info in that thread?

No idea. The notes on the bottom of the calculator say that barb skills were updated and mentions Hammerman specifically and in Onderduiker's posts he references Hammerman's post regarding the explanation of how the frenzy animations are done. Too much for me to wrap my head around atm, so good luck in figuring out what Hammerman and Onderduiker worked out. I would tend to say yes, as the debate was from 2009.

Mace mastery defenitely works with sceptre.

Frenzy IAS breakpoints always confuse me, breakpoints change a lot if you want to weapon speed bug.

did'nt read everything, but what about drac's for leech?

Well, seeing as the damage/ar of a riftabarb would be quite low, leech isn't that important. From what I read of the other guide, defensive war cries/delirium and other things like that are more important to survival.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High