Ribcracker Fury Druid - Uber Killer Guide

Re: Ribcracker Fury Druid - Uber Killer Guide

Hi,
I know this guide is old... but I have a question: How the heck are you supposed to meet the strength requirement with no ability to get a torch or Anni? Filling up your inventory with strength charms doesn't seem to be the idea, but can you go away with say, 100 strength base and pump the rest into vitality and still make it?

Stats are flexible for that very reason. If you can't get Anni or Torch then you simply have to put more points into str until you can wear all your gear.

Stats are flexible for that very reason. If you can't get Anni or Torch then you simply have to put more points into str until you can wear all your gear.

I'm worried that his survivability might suffer too much though... and maybe I am grasping at straws.

one of the main reason to use ribby is the insanely low reqs on it. you'll be fine.

Also the life per vita on Druids is horrible.

Well, another forum discussed whether CoH is very ideal at all, and Fortitude/Treachery were suggested instead, maybe even Duress. It was also suggested whether to go with an archon plate instead, which has a pretty high strength requirement. While they did suggest that if I need to invest 150 strength for all the gear I should, and I am not arguing against that, but how much health can I truly expect untwinked and will the spirit actually live long enough to be useful, as in, I don't have to resummon it every other second?

The best possible set up without accounting for str on Charms/Rings would be

Jajals - 65 req - 20 Strength
Ribcracker - 63 Str, 35 dex
CoH dusk - 77 Req - 20 Str
Vendungos - 106 req
Draculs - 50 req - 15
Gores - 94 req

Starting Stats
15 str
20 dex

36 points into Str
15 Points in Dex

Anni with 15 stats would save 30 stat points and the likelyhood of DC popping in your game unless actively hunting isnt often so wouldnt hurt.

Its 60 HP total saved but thats only 153 hp after level 30 WW, Lycanthropy so wouldnt make a difference.

The best possible set up without accounting for str on Charms/Rings would be

Jajals - 65 req - 20 Strength
Ribcracker - 63 Str, 35 dex
CoH dusk - 77 Req - 20 Str
Vendungos - 106 req
Draculs - 50 req - 15
Gores - 94 req

Starting Stats
15 str
20 dex

36 points into Str
15 Points in Dex

Anni with 15 stats would save 30 stat points and the likelyhood of DC popping in your game unless actively hunting isnt often so wouldnt hurt.

Its 60 HP total saved but thats only 153 hp after level 30 WW, Lycanthropy so wouldnt make a difference.

Please DO notice the word untwinked, and that my other post had OTHER suggestions than CoH, because I simply cannot afford a CoH . Therefore I cannot account for the fact that I will gain additional strength from my equipment except Jalal's. I also suggested an archon plate instead of a dusk shroud as a base for Treachery/Duress/Fortitude, meaning the strength requirement you posted is flawed. I was also talking about Oak Sage, if that wasn't apparent, as it is the only spirit that adds to life, and you also miss this in your math.

When I talk about setting up MY druid, it is not always the goal to follow this guide point by point (because I can't); so please read what I ask for before you respond :/

Whoa chillax man ^^

It was late/early whichever way you look at and I was waiting to finish a trade so made a mistake that okay pumpkin ?

Besides The post would be still relevent as stuff to aim for although its all in the guide as most if not all of this stuff can be picked up for pul to um each and Fury druids are good for farming Perfect gems.
I generally farm alot of gems and manage to trade for most of this gear within 2 weeks with some smart trading.

The point being just put as much str as you need in and your done with no block your not exactly going to be short on Stat points and you will survive.. Be thankful there is respec tokens as you upgrade your gear.

I apologise it was late and misread a few things it happens, Some things right, Some things wrong. I May of ended up trying to set up a druid if I was going to make it as Im quite a stat saver so forgot my original goal as I remember NOT counting CoH then changing it but the rest was counted.

EDIT
I re read your last post properly so ill work out what a average wolf should have at level 85.

85 into strength (100 with starting stats)
15 in dex (35 with starting stats)

320 stat points = 640
84 level ups = 126
Bird quests - 60
stat bookx3 - 30

around 856 base hp

Assume jajals + 7 shapeshifting. (4 jajals and 3 ondals or spirit lidless) for prebuff.

2782 with werewolf and Lycanthropy
3296 Including oak.

Oak cannot be relied upon in ubur trist but for general play it can last a while.

Treachery does little for shifters so its mainly a prebuff armor for dr and resists when fade triggers......

A cheap and effective armor that is nearly as good as CoH is.

Lionheart
Hel + Lum + Fal
+20% Enhanced Damage
Requirements -15%
+25 To Strength
+10 To Energy
+20 To Vitality
+15 To Dexterity
+50 To Life
All Resistances +30

These are fairly mid level runes and should be easy to aquire in singleplayer and extremely easy on battle.net and would save you 45 stats while offering some other juicy mods. This could give you alot of extra hp.

45 saved stats = 80 life
50 life

423 With WW lycanthropy.
631 with Oak

20 vitality gives 40 Uneffected life.

Archon requires 88 Str with lionheart
Dusk requires 65 Str with lionheart

If your west ladder I can throw you these runes as there usually left on the floor in public runs anyway.

Im assuming you have the basics of Ribby and Jajals if not i could be totally off as I dont know your current set up.

Last edited:

I first want to say I love the guide and say that its helped me alot for my wolf.

I have a question or two though for anyone that can shed some opinions for me.

Currently my Wolf is Level 75 and luckily for me I was able to self-find 2 COA and some Pally Gc's to fund my wolf( All within a week; rox no?) So I got all the EQ I need Atm, aside from All Res charms I still need...

Anyhow; my current setup is

Helm:Jalal's "Um'd"
Armor: AP COH
Weapon: Upp'd Ribby "shael"
Boots: Gores <haven't bothered to up..>
Gloves: Rare w/ mods <Got Dracs...waiting for next lvl:S>
Belt: Dungo's
Rings: Raven//Mandel ( havent found a suitable ML replacement yet...)
Amulet: +2 SS ammy (got metalgrid..also waiting for level..)

Switch
Weapon: 4/4/4 Cta
Shield: "spirit" Monarch

Inv. Anni,Torch, 14 res all Gc, 1 ss Gc, 2 124 ar Gcs<filler until i replace with something else)

My question is...Since I'm using Cta; Should I use a Mara's instead to boost BO's or stay with metalgrid for the extra Ar it gives? ( Have a demon Limb; So I guess the question is more...is the extra Ar from MG needed for UT or can I switch to Mara's?)

Also, Not a important question but what do you figure skill wise I should invest in next; ATM I went Max WW,Max Lycan, Max Fury, Max HOW. Should I bother to get a low synergy summon or invest in feral for UT?

Big Thanks in Adv for any suggestions and help; Go Druids,xD

P.S- Do you think a Trech Would be a better investment to make up res's for UT If I don't max stack res with charms? Ty

Maras is a good amulet for prebuff only compared to metalgrid which increases all of your battle stats and potentially more resists so Id vote to use metalgrid.

Treachery prebuff is a common occurrence and its cheap so stash it for that time.

As for skills
20 Lycanthropy
20 Werewolf
20 Fury
20 Feral rage(For uburs 1 on 1 target)
rest oak/how

ahhh good old Ribcracker. I think I have a few of these on my Druids, some eth with a zod and others regular with like a 37-39/15jewel.

Well Ty Realm for the response.

Atm I'm Level 86 now and will prob look to do UT pretty soon sometime during one of my days off. I haven't had much luck getting more llRes charms, but i made a cheap DS Trech so thats a start.

P.S- This would be my first UT run, so what kinda advice would you seek to give me to kinda augment any learning curve involved with doing it.

I have a Demon Limb in stash to pre-buff with, have CTA cuz i wanted to have a little higher buffer to be safe, and also shopped a 95 charge lvl5 Life tap weapon, since I heard proc'ing Life Tap can be somewhat tedious to begin with in some cases. Also have plenty of Full Rejuvs. Is there anything else I should be aware of or look to get beforehand?

Well the mini uburs are no problem for most fury druids just make sure you have your resists at a respectable level and soon as you encounter switch to the life tap wand and cast it then quickly shift back to wereform.

Fury any non ubur targets to clear the path then use feral rage on the ubur. Repeat till death.

Now for uburs.

DONT go in the tp with anything summoned as this can lure the entire brood out and screw your run up. Soon as you go in run north and prepare yourself. Cast BO/BC and go forward with your lifetap wand equipped. Pop meph first and make sure to cast life tap quickly retreat and get into wereform.........

Feral rage the boss until death with good resists its easy and repeat this for the other 2.

Its easy once you get the hang of it.

Id only try this at 85 minimum and preferably towards level 90 for a good chance to hit based on level.

Oh and never go it alone if this is your first time,Always have a back up incase you screw up. You need to learn

I am wonder is grief pb + ss fury druids any good for pvm? I might want to give that a try if that is very good.

It's good, just not optimized.

Disagree. SS means you get block locked when swarmed. Wolf hit recovery>>>> block rate. Two handed is sturdier imo.

hi e1, im glad this thread is still alive, since iv'e been playing wearwolves since i play d2.

i just droped to give this one tip: If you are using this ribcracker uber set up, and want to kill some physical immunes whenever, the best is azurewerath as verashiden said. But therefore, i think the nicest shield is : "blackoak shield luna" . It adds a tone of dex. and life (better than vitality for a wolf) and therefore allows you to save the dex pts needed to wear that phase blade.

Alright so I finished my ribcracker druid last night, wanted to try something besides a smiter this season...

BIG MISTAKE.....

Lillith = 10000 deaths until I was able to kill and 900k repair bill
Mephisto = Me dead before I can get maybe 2-5 hits in
ended up having a friend bring his smiter to clear Meph/UT and get a low PTorch...

Soo.. heres my druid

Level 85
Helm 193 Jalals
Body 15ed Dusk CoH
Belt 15dr Dungos
Gloves 15str Dracs
Boots Gores
Rings 200+/17dex Raven & Some crap with ML
Ammy 423ar/30res Metalgrid
Weapon Non Eth Ribcracker (Shael)
Prebuff Treachery
did not use a Life Tap wand, becuz my smiter in 1.12 did not need one (and this is preferred)..
seems like I am constantly missing attacks

Inventory
17stats/18res Anni

is it time to get the 30second smiter I had from UT, or is there anyway to make this wolf... not suck?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High