Ribcracker Fury Druid - Uber Killer Guide

Re: Ribcracker Fury Druid - Uber Killer Guide

This might be a dumb question, but was the Ribcracker upped (upping nearly triples the damage)? If not, that would explain everything; otherwise I am perplexed as to the reason for your struggles.

Your equipment looks great. What is your AR? Life? Resists after Mephisto's conviction aura?

If you skip the lifetap wand you will need a quick trigger finger for Rejuvs when facing Lilith and Mephisto until it triggers from the Dracs.

Ribcracker is upped, its a low ed% but I got it for killing DClone for some random fire sorc with my HDin... yes somehow my HDin killed DClone, DClone and my merc(does not have fort) died at the same time.

I do not know exact numbers since im at work right now... but my chance to hit during organ runs is about 70-80%, my life is 2or3k and resists are 75/73/73/73 without treachery prebuff. keep in mind I have not Um'd my Jalals since Meph beats me down so fast, im thinking Life Tap wand is essential for anything besides a smiter

my smiter in 1.12 could kill meph without using Life Tap wand, if I used treachery prebuff and salvation until Lifetap proc'd, he was also using Last Wish+Dracs so it procd pretty fast in order for me to switch to Fanat...

I did another run yesterday, Lillith only killed me once, I found it easier if she has a couple mobs next to her for me to Fury a Life Tap proc and then Feral Rage once the adds are dead. I did use a 13res torch this time tho, since I have one, which would technically put my resists at 88/86/86/86 for that run

Mephisto still beat me down, had to get help from a smiter once again.
I tried the same strat, Fury on some of the skeles but after Life Tap proc'd and in the process of getting Feral Rage 2-3 hits on Mephisto I was dead....

also, I do not have a CtA but you said you didnt use one when you first ran UT, but then again you used a Life Tap wand which I cant seem to find

Last edited:

OK, a few things.

1. Your AR appears to be OK
2. Your life is much too low, should be over 4K, even without Oak or CtA. This is getting you killed vs. Lilith.
3. Your resists are much too low for Mephisto. Even with Treachery and the torch your post aura resists are 23/21/21/75. That means that other than poison (not affected by aura) you are taking over 3 times more damage than you would with 75% resists. That is getting you killed vs. Mephisto.
4. No need to find a lifetap wand. They are fairly easy to shop from Drognan in Act 2.
5. You don't need CtA, but if you have one it makes things really easy

Don't give up yet. I hope to hear about a successful solo run soon.

so Um'ing Jalals is a necessity as well as Life Tap wand?

ill get exact numbers after work today, but how do I get more than 4k life affordably without a CtA

Last edited:

so Um'ing Jalals is a necessity as well as Life Tap wand?

ill get exact numbers after work today, but how do I get more than 4k life affordably without a CtA

hi khronix.
1) I viewed very fast your questions. I just wanted to tell: a life tap wand is necessarry if you have dracs.

2) i prefer to have prebuff shifting skillers on 2nd weapon than a cta (if u want to recast cta, it would be too long to reequip yourself with shifting prebuffs).

3) prebuff demon limb

4) non superior items cost much less to repair.... leave that for those who have bots :)

Hi, sorry for not taking the effort to read 40 pages before making my question, but instead of an upped ribcracker, what other options are viable? After a quick search think i found some options:

Expensive:

BotD: Twice the base dmg as the rib. Nice IAS. -25% Target Defence, +30 all attributes. Dunno if the double dmg can make up for the lack of CB, but throw on a pair of gore's and youll atleast have some.

Cheap:

Cranium Basher (shael): 20% ias total (base wpn speed [20] - attribute + shael speed (-40) = -20), 30% less than rib, 75% CB. By faaaar more cheap than making an eth uped rib zoded by urself, or getting one already done. You also get 25 all res and chance to cast amplify dmg on striking.

Tomb Reaver 3os: In total the same IAS as rib, higher dmg than normal up rib, 30-50 to all res. For the rich: Throw 3 bers in there for 60% CB, for the poor: whatever floats ur boat.

In the end, is the CB for the fury druid absolute imparative? If not, there must be some better options than the ribbie? Maybe i'm just an old fashioned the higher the dmg, the better kinda guy that doesn't see the benefits of all these funky attributes, but i'm still having problems seeing why a normal upped rib can be so much better than other weapons?

Edit: OK, so I took the time to read the last 10 pages figuring out that the CB actually is imparative to killing the ubers. Then again, for general PvM (all except ubers and portal) what would be the fastest killing weapon? A norm up'd rib, or ebotd? I havent played WW since 1.09, but made a WB druid in 1.12 using an ebotd CB and he did quite well although he suffered from low life due to lack of charms and better gear overall.

Last edited:

BotD: Not with the rest of the gear. You'd need to make up CB with Guil's (ew).

Cranium: Too slow and the reqs leave less life when compared to Ribby.

Tomby: Can work, though you'd need to tweak the rest of the gear a tad (for a non eth I'd Shael/Shael/Ber it).

Yes, CB is quintessential to the Fury Druid's ability to handle Ubers. The thing about Ribby is that for its cost (pgems) it gives SO many different attributes that Fury Druids need with extremely low reqs compared to the other options.

From my experience, Tomby, EBotDGPA, Upped Shaeld Ribby in that order. Though, as previously stated, Ribby is by far the cheapest of the lot.

Hi, is it better to socket a non-ethereal ribcracker with shael or eth? I kinda figured that shael'ing it would hit the fastest attack rate, but would eth'ing it be a good alternative; seeing that it adds a -25% target defense, thus requiring lesser AR to land our hits?

Or is our AR from maxed werewolf and fury sufficient to get the job done? If this question has already been asked and answered before, I apologize.

Shael, Eth doesn't help as much as you think.

Thanks for the guide. I finally did a successful run with my ribcracker druid that I made a long time ago.

I was unsure if a ribcracker druid could do it after seeing all of the 40 second smiter uber vids. But it worked first try. Thanks!

Thanks for the guide. I finally did a successful run with my ribcracker druid that I made a long time ago.

I was unsure if a ribcracker druid could do it after seeing all of the 40 second smiter uber vids. But it worked first try. Thanks!

Tried again. Meph wend down easy. Diablo went down easy.

Baal was a Biatch. Swiched to my Azaurwrath for the physical immunes and he spawned a clone with my P.I.'s...***.

Baal is the hardest for sure. It's easy to get resists and life but Baal is an ***.

2/2 with this guid...Thanks!

Why not using a merc to help on Uber?
I'm sorry if anyone talk about that but i haven't read all the 40 page (and sorry for ma english too :\ ).
So i'm thinking. Necro have a uber build that use uduar and a specific merc:

Mercenary A2 NM Offensive
Weapon: Obedience
Armor:COH
Helm:Kira's socketed with an Um

That's a merc that will take meph in solo so if you are the main one killing him that's a good help. The same i think it's for baal. A medium CB% on the merc, high on you... it will go down easy :D

Last edited:

A necro has a bunch of meatshields, decrepify, and clay golem. There's just no comparison, it is dramatically easier to keep a merc alive with a necro.

True, but i'm thinking. A merc with might help you in make more damage.
If you are the main damage dealer it means that mephisto and the other will harm you and the merc will only help in making more damage in less time.

It's not the straight damage that truly matter in the short time your merc is going to be alive. At that stage of Ubers CB is what means the most. The extra ED from Might makes a miniscule difference.

May I translate the guide to another language?

I am attempting to make this Fury Druid build, and I was wondering what Merc I should get? The Guide lists Eth Reapers Toll, Eth Gaze and Eth Fort for the gear, but fails to identify which merc to use. Should I just get an act 2 NM defensive merc?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High