RFO and Zodthon: Planning Stage

Rabies AB wiki page. If I get it right, Venom will be applied for it's duration (10 frames) to the enemy bitten by the Werewolf, because it's rate is always higher than that of Rabies, after which Rabies is applied again and runs it's duration. Venom will not have any effect on other monsters infected by the monsters which was initially bitten. So in the large scheme of things, it won't do that much.

But all of this is slightly off-topic of course ... any more news or input on the RFO?

But all of this is slightly off-topic of course ... any more news or input on the RFO?

I'd like to hear more opinions about the tournament type we will put together.

Any preferences folks? :)

Judging by the earlier comments, I think we would start earliest at the end on Jan, if not later. Willing to hear more wishes regarding that also!

I quite like the 3x 2w idea. Maybe run 2w beginning of Feb, 2w March, 2w April? Then those who run the whole thing get a rest between events. You could also win an event then if people just want to enter one, then have a series winner for all three.

A bit like Bassano's Magic Find League, but for runes.

I quite like the 3x 2w idea. Maybe run 2w beginning of Feb, 2w March, 2w April? Then those who run the whole thing get a rest between events. You could also win an event then if people just want to enter one, then have a series winner for all three.

A bit like Bassano's Magic Find League, but for runes.

This seems sensible to me. people shouldn't feel obligated to do all three :p

I'm all for three part tourney. Would be interesting to compare the results, also maybe easier to keep the focus when every area is not available at once. What would be the order? I think Cows -> Trav -> A85 sounds nice. Trav is the most reliable of the three, so in case someone does badly in Cows (or doesn't feel like running them) they would have a chance to still be in the game. Then Area 85s would be this insane bonus round where anything can happen (they are also the only places where I've seen a Zod drop, so...). It could also be the first one, but I think Travincal would be best as the second target.

i am sure my sorc is not even remotely equipped for this tourney but i would like to participate in either one. So i am going to level something like a barb or paladin for this. And since my wealthy days are far from here now i probably will never get the amount of runs in anyone with an enigma can get in however i am willing to pray to the diablo gods to see if they are granting me any luck on the drops :)

I like maxicek idea to split in several weeks over a longer period.

I would prefer A85 -> Trav -> Cows, but that's purely because of my own situation. Assuming we are starting early February, I'll have my 99er Sorc up to 98 by then. I'd like to have Cows last so I have enough time to level up a Javazon, find her a Griffon's and make her an Enigma. A85 first because I'll be running both A85 (AT in my case) and Travincal with my 99er Sorc, and she normally never dies in Travincal but she might do so in AT, so I'd like to have the most dangerous area first, so I can already start leveling her up again after that first two weeks.

Obviously, that's only my personal preference, and I'll gladly take whatever is choosen. After all it shouldn't be too hard to level up a second Sorc if needed, if I'm afraid of dying with my 99er Sorc. Or I could put her on hold and play other characters instead for a while.

I do like this idea of @maxicek , the three part tournament, more and more, the more I think about it.

I might play whatever is decided.

RIP everybody's dreams of winning. ;)

I'll participate I'm sure. RL is super busy right now so it might not be all three events (if we go that route), but I'll give it a go regardless.

I'd likely submit my RoF chest pokings around for the A85 event, like some shoeless Olympian in the first round of the 100 meters.

I also like this maxicek's suggestion of three individual rounds really much.

Series of little tournaments and then also one ultimate winner. Pretty gg if you ask me.

As for the order of rounds, I'd be fine with whatever you people like the most. If I had to decide, I'd start with alvl85, cause I feel more people have characters ready for that and they can keep preparing for the Travi and then cows

Seems I'm late for the party, but I also vote for maxicek's idea, which is like a Rune Find League.

I've been busy with work and d3 (finally!!), but should be able to get back to have some trav/cow runs in d2 soon. I don't think I will participate in a85. For me, a85 is just for magic find at p1.

Look forward to it :D

One more vote for Rune Finding League and I also agree with the order @Grape suggested, A85 -> Travi -> Cows seems like the best solution, more time for me to level up a Javazon to slaughter cows :p

@XyleneCyanol Hey, great to see you back !! I was wondering what happened, since we didn't get any updates in the 99er project anymore, even though you are the highest ranked HC character there. Any plans to continue that one?

League sounds good, but wouldn't it be better that areas are switched a bit faster than once a month? Like 2 weeks to run, then 1 week pause then 2 weeks for another area etc. Waiting 2-3 weeks in between running different areas seems a bit long to me.

One week in between would definitely be ok for me. Maybe it's indeed better, as not to stretch the event too much timewise.

Sounds good to me too. Although, I don't really mind, I'll be joining each one whether there is a 2-week or 1-week break or no break at all. But 1-week break sounds good, people can adjust and hunt for better maps/items/respec/whatever and get used to optimized running at a new target and it won't spread the League too long.

I have a question. This is assuming that the plan and the order of this RFO/Zodthon stays the way it is now, or at least the way it seems to be heading, Can I use any runes I find during the tournament on a runeword right away, or do I have to wait for the tournament to end before I can do so?

Reason I'm asking is that I found a Jah yesterday, which puts met at 2x Ber, 1x Jah. So I can make an Infinity or Enigma, but not both. But if everything stays the way it looks now, I was thinking of leveling a Furyzon after I hit 98 with my Sorc and see how far I can get her. Then, at the tournament, in the first round (lvl 85 areas), I can run AT with my Sorc. After that I can do Travincal with my Sorc as well. For this, I'd probably create an Infinity, as it would mean 1 kill more every run, sometimes 2 if another one spawns CI. It's quite realistic to find the equivalent of a Ber during that time, so then I would also be able to make an Enigma. Which in turn would enable me to run Cows, the third chapter in the tournemant, with my Furyzon, instead of with the Sorc. Hence my question.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High