Re-introduction

intersilva

Mar 16, 2012
Hey friends! It's about time I made this official.

I've been lurking for years and introduced myself at least once during that time. I posted for a hot minute when I participated in Pindlethon back in '13 or so, that was my first experience really rallying a single target and it changed my whole perspective on the game. I never quite qualified, but I racked up just over 1k runs and for the first time had a respectable stash of high end s/u and runes. Fast forward a few hard drive crashes, I've lost those files as well as a few resets, and after losing my most recent set of stashes (learned the hard way that the gomule backups in the D2 save folder are only for characters) I also cleared out most of my characters and started fresh. I kept my Blizz Sorc and M'avina FA/Strafezon as they both felt like "complete" characters (also sorc has the solitary SoJ of my entire D2 career), but I deleted the rest and for now the sorc and zon are museum pieces.

I started an untwinked hammerdin, Fancypants, who has enjoyed as much rune luck in a few months as I've had in my entire D2 career. He is now level 87 and works full time in the CS. It feels like every time I restart I know the game better and build my "empire" back up more quickly, and this time has been quicker than ever. My plan is to keep Fancypants untwinked and work on him pretty much exclusively until I've finished CtA and Enigma, then start sharing the loot with untwinked characters to break up the monotony. Long-term for Fanyclegs might be the 99er challenge but we will see, I've not brought a character there since high school, back in 1.09 when you could afk your way to the top in cows.

Anyway, this forum has bee a massive ocean of knowledge, much of it not useful to me but all interesting. I've also really appreciated reading others' journeys, especially untwinked runs and non-traditional builds. I've gotten a lot of inspiration here over the years, including taking an Oath-wielding meleezon Sarina to level 92 years ago after reading some really fun write-ups here.

Thanks and cheers!

Welcome from a very recent addition to the forum. I look forward to reading about your progression.

Welcome (back) to the fray! May all your drops be green and gold (and orange)!

*kicks shins*

Welcome back :). It's nice that you already consider the untwinked 99er challenge, but let's face it: just do it !!! You know you want to ;).

*steals wallet and buys drinks in the EMB*

Welcome! I too will be jumping into the UT99er thread some my WT to Hell Ancients is finished, so it's always nice to see continued new entrants into that thread!

Welcome to the forums. Always nice to see new faces to help keep the community buzzing.

Do you have a write-up for Sarina somewhere?

Oh, and...
*kicks shins*

I never did a write-up for her, and she's lost to the ages, but re-making her is somewhere down the line for me when I get back to working on twinked characters.

I lost both my shins in a freak shaving accident, actually

That one? ;)
not that I needed the extra assurance, but it’s conversations like these that make me extra glad I got a vasectomy.

Welcome (back)! Amazing to see that this place still draws old and new forumites! I hope you're not one of the usurpers trying to push for on of the top spots in the perfect grail!? Else I might have to start playing D2 for real again...

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High