Random Tournament 2021 D2R edition!

Am I really the only one doing single pass? :oops: well, can't compete speedwise that way, but if the scoring system from last random tournament is still in place (3 additional points per difficulty finished - this true @Vang?) I will crush you all /cackles maniacally

Good to see @coju and @jamesixgun participating! Welcome both of you and good luck!
We can't compete with your single pass habilities, we all know that since last time!

Hmm interesting tourny, might join too, just in case, can someone roll me a barb?

Miron's Random Barbarian
Skillsets 100: 53 88 4 8 47->75
Helm 8: 5
Armor 3: 1->3
Shield 9: 6
Gloves 5: 4
Belt 5: 1
Boots 5: 1
Class-specific *: 1
Weaponry *:
-> Polearms 6: 4
-> 2H x2 13: 7->5 1

53 1, 3, 9
88 4, 12, 29
4 19, 23, 27
8 5, 14, 16
75 5,9,19
Skillsets
Forever skill - 8
8: Find item, Polearm mastery, Spear mastery
Normal: 75
75: Find item, Warcry, Increased speed
Nightmare 88
88: Shout, Axe Mastery, Whirlwind
Hell 53+4
53: Howl, Taunt, Warcry
4: Increased speed, Double swing, Concentrate

Gear
Great helm
Armor3
Tower shield
Light gauntlets
Sash
Boots
Jawbone cap

2H Sword
Flamberge
Poleaxe

Good luck!

Last edited:
I can reroll weapons? Or at least one weapon category?

Also, armor 1 = all 4 armors with roll 1 right?

2h swords can be used as 1h weapon?

Another question, let's say I use set 47 for normal then I have to reset skills/stats in NM or just stop putting skill points?

Last edited:
You are allowed 3 rerolls:
1 skillset
1 piece of armor
1 weapon

For armor, that's exactly that :) I think you also have access to full plate mail, which one is available for armor 1 & 3

For the last question I would say yes, to be confirmed by @Vang but I don't see why it should not be allowed to use 2H as a 1H, it's one of the barb's strength.

On reading the rules more closely it occurs to me I might be unintentionally cheating. I have been using Might aura because I have 1 point in it as a pre-req until I unlock Concentration. I was considering it a passive skill, but now I'm not so sure. If that's not legal I can DQ my pally.

• Sad
Reactions: Babyhell
On reading the rules more closely it occurs to me I might be unintentionally cheating. I have been using Might aura because I have 1 point in it as a pre-req until I unlock Concentration. I was considering it a passive skill, but now I'm not so sure. If that's not legal I can DQ my pally.
You can still give him a rerun, depending on which point you are (say early act 2?) that wouldn't be much pain :-/
Edit: tolerance added by @Vang below :)

Yes prereqs are not meant to be used as active skills. However if there's a passive advantage, well that's the little part of freedom in this closed cell...that's the greatness of Natural Resistance or Pierce skills!

Last edited:
..that's the greatness of Natural Resistance or Pierce skills!
ah, so I should go ahead and prepare for Natural Resistance early!!!

Just a small sidenote, you don't have to decide to lock your NM or Hell set in. Good to pla
I can reroll weapons? Or at least one weapon category?

Also, armor 1 = all 4 armors with roll 1 right?

2h swords can be used as 1h weapon?

Another question, let's say I use set 47 for normal then I have to reset skills/stats in NM or just stop putting skill points?

2H swords can be used however a barbarian can normally use them (1 or 2 handed)

Before entering NM, reset your skills, otherwise a player might benefit from a large amount of synergy on a skill they stopped. On the off chance a player decided to use the reset prior to the next difficulty, clear the den and then reset and do your NM or Hell setup at that point.

It is not a passive skill, but no need to DQ or restart. If you managed to make it to Hell Baal and kill him with a 1 point Might and nothing else, you sir have vanquished great foes while being fragile and weak and have earned the favor of the Ancients and respect and fear of Angels and Demons alike.

Adding this post to the Q&A

Q: When do I reset my skills and lock in NM or Hell sets?
A: Visit Akara prior to departing to NM or Hell. (Note most the players have "soft locked" their path prior to give them and others and idea and few will stray short of an amazing drop)

Q: Crap, I used it because I messed up, what do I do?
A: Clear the den of evil then visit Akara and reset then.

Q: I used a skill for a bit I was supposed to during Act 1 or beginning of Act 2 at level 1 or so, do I restart/DQ/roll another toon?
A: Mistakes happen. If it was a passive point invested that gives an obvious boost (Placing one in Sword Mastery when you don't have it for example, visit Akara and reset using above question for next reset) If it was an aura you placed on or active skill, don't use them again and press on, unless you desire to redo the last few hours of your life, and let us be honest, NM and Hell is where the tournament starts for majority of us long time SPF tournament goers and we want you to stick around for a while and listen...err play and enjoy this unique group of people for a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sid and Babyhell
Am I really the only one doing single pass? :oops: well, can't compete speedwise that way, but if the scoring system from last random tournament is still in place (3 additional points per difficulty finished - this true @Vang?) I will crush you all /cackles maniacally

Good to see @coju and @jamesixgun participating! Welcome both of you and good luck!
Yes, So you will literally crush any other Hell Guardian by 9 points. Now if someone else does single pass, you better get a move on! Maybe I should make my new Necromancer one :unsure:

Question: Can I use a wand with Amp Damage (other curse) charges? or any item with charges?

Question: Can I use a wand with Amp Damage (other curse) charges? or any item with charges?
Yes, more specifically:

CTC, Charges and passive skills granted from items are allowed. Activated class skills granted from items(Berserk, Firebolt, Amplify Damage, etc) and outside skills are not allowed.

Reactions: coju
I would like to reroll skill set 47 please.

Edit: also reroll on armor please.

Last edited:
And... Deeds to p/1 Blood Raven. level 2 Frost nova did not much; short staff with 1-5 fire damage did less. Most everything else fell just fine, if slowly, at p/8.

If I try again (same build, I think... maybe switch to 66/31 though), I'll probably hit vitality a bit harder and maybe skip the super uniques until I get fireball up some. That said, she'll need 40 strength for a heavy belt somewhere in A2 probably... it's going to be fun with potion management for sure!

Code:
SP D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Skillset(s) Last Waypoint          Points
-- --- ----------------- -------------------- ------- ------ ----------- ---------------------- -------
   Yes Babyhell          BleedRunner          Pal     30     78+70       Frigid Highlands       12
SP Yes Grisu             Randomnipotent       Nec     20     33+58       Lut Gholein            3
   Yes Vang              HobstheHobo          Dru     20     97+96       Lut Gholein            3
   Yes coju              RandyTom             Bar     18      5          Lut Gholein            3
   Yes maxicek           Forley               Bar     15     42+18       Black Marsh            0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your SOUL was swallowed by the resurrection (aka Deeds)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   Yes Sid               Brisket  (KIA)       Dru     8      07+52       Deeds   
   Yes Jamesixgun        Devi                 Sor     7      66+78       Deeds

Now to remember the key for auto-move portions to the belt...

Code:
SP D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Skillset(s) Last Waypoint          Points
-- --- ----------------- -------------------- ------- ------ ----------- ---------------------- -------
   Yes Babyhell          BleedRunner          Pal     30     78+70       Frigid Highlands       12
SP Yes Grisu             Randomnipotent       Nec     20     33+58       Lut Gholein            3
   Yes Vang              HobstheHobo          Dru     20     97+96       Lut Gholein            3
   Yes coju              RandyTom             Bar     18      5          Lut Gholein            3
   Yes maxicek           Forley               Bar     15     42+18       Black Marsh            0
SP Yes Dazliare             Priscilla            Sor     25     25+72       Lost City              ?

Your SOUL was swallowed by the resurrection (aka Deeds)
   Yes Sid               Brisket  (KIA)       Dru     8      07+52       Deeds  
   Yes Jamesixgun        Devi                 Sor     7      66+78       Deeds

Added myself to the table. Where is the scoring info?

Also I've asked this before, but do you guys keep your chipped non-topazes? What for?

I keep chippy gems for no good reason... I'll usually put ruby/emerald/ruby in the rogue bow; lately I've switched to sapphire/emerald/sapphire for cold rogues. I'll sometimes put a couple of chipped diamonds in an early shield. But my softcore stash has hundreds of chipped gems in it. They're theoretically for rerolling things, but I've never actually rerolled anything, so...

In a tourney like this, I try to sell them. But if I had a hardcore stash, I'd probably mule them off... maybe I'll start a hardcore stash... it's a sickness.

Reactions: coju
And... Deeds to p/1 Blood Raven. level 2 Frost nova did not much; short staff with 1-5 fire damage did less. Most everything else fell just fine, if slowly, at p/8.

If I try again (same build, I think... maybe switch to 66/31 though), I'll probably hit vitality a bit harder and maybe skip the super uniques until I get fireball up some. That said, she'll need 40 strength for a heavy belt somewhere in A2 probably... it's going to be fun with potion management for sure!

Remember that you can hire a Rogue merc once you hit level 8 - makes the fight against Blood Raven so much easier, esp. if you equip hew with a 3 os Long Bow with 3 chipped damage gems in it :)
Added myself to the table. Where is the scoring info?

Also I've asked this before, but do you guys keep your chipped non-topazes? What for?
Scoring info is in the 2020 tournament edition 😅
It is 3 per Act completed and an additional 3 per difficulty completed if you are single pass.

I use the chippies for:
1. diamonds: for savage polearm recipe. Cube a savage Partizan ASAP
2. emeralds/rubies/skulls/sapphires: reroll the savage partizan to a magical Partizan with 2 os. Ideally a Partizan with +dmg and IAS and 2 os, but that is rare...then insert a jewel of freedom (or two if you have them) and put it in your merc's hands to carry you through Normal.
3. amethysts: if my merc's STR is too low for the partizan, I use amethysts in armor to give additional STR to equip the partizan earlier. Note, that in D2R your weapon will be "red" as in requirement not met if you equip a weapon on your merc with +STR items. But you can then "equip" it by removing and re-equipping one armor piece

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High