Gauntlets
Plated belt
Boots
Aerin shield

Scepter
War Scepter
Double axe

Last edited:
Hm, plenty of good auras to choose from, but need combat skills.

Forever Skillset will be 40 (Resist Lightning, Concentration, Holy Shield). If we are allowed to wait for the reroll b4 locking this in, I will do that, but wasn't sure so I am choosing one now just in case.

Need rerolls on Skillset 42, Gloves, and One-Handed Weapon

Reactions: Babyhell
Sorry my kid woke up!

Rerolls are incoming...
Skillset 100: 75 5,9,19
Gloves 5: 5 Gauntlets
1H 19: 11 Double Axe

It seems you are dead set on auras... it will be as tough as it can be!

As a side note, I failed a Druid without combat skill last season, so...good luck, you'll need quite a bit!

Last edited:
Hehe, yeah, it will be slow going for sure. I can build a pretty hefty defense, but I don't have anything to put on left click except Conversion or Holy Shield. Was hoping for Smite for left button, but anything other than basic attack really. :)

Gonna go with just my forever skills in Normal.

Looks like we will both be using Holy Shock (with Resist Lightning synergy) in Hell. Not sure about other skillsets in NM or Hell, but I'm open to advice. Not too sure about Conversion, Redemption, Meditation, or Fantacism.

Last edited:
@Sid Just as a reminder: I couldn't gamble for a plated belt before lvl 23, so early game will be all about filling the inventory!

And War scepters are available at Kurast, sold by Ormus, for Aerin shield I found the first one in LK.

Oh, and while I was formatting your setup - now it's getting pretty - I just realized you can get 3 useful pieces of the Sigon set, including the gloves for 30IAS and the helm for AR, any couple giving the 10LL...maybe if you're lucky there's a workaround!

Last edited:
Randomnipotent started out and will never forget his first skeleton:
Screenshot008.png

Close up screenshots are just so cool - I caught Randomnipotent swinging in sync with his skellies
Screenshot011.png

I started gambling for MF boots at level 12 and was rewarded after only 3 tries:
Screenshot012.png

Screenshot019.png

Also I did find this beauty:

Screenshot020.png
Screenshot021.png

Andariel herself was engaged accidentially by my skellies and she went down even before I had the time to drink some antidote potions 🤷‍♂️
Randomnipotent defeated Andariel after a single pass full clear on p8 (and got a non-spectacular drop):

Screenshot023.png

As you can imagine, being a Skellimancer in Act I Normal is a piece of cake. Took ages though because I literally sold every item I found (ok, maybe I left some cracked sashes and clubs on the ground) and checked Akara every time for a +3RS/+3SM wand. Turns out my Necromancer does as well at shopping as I do: I spent around 5 hours of shopping but only found one passable wand with +1RS/+3SM (and +3 Weaken). My shopping haul for clothes usually is about the same...

I really like the new graphics, although I find it more difficult to spot chests in the dark areas and to spot the loose boulders...but I will get used to this :) Also, the clunky targeting feeling I had during the beta is no issue whatsoever.

How is everyone else doing?

Next thing I'll do is get a cube and cube up those 40 small rejuv potions. Didn't need gomule so far, but I started to mule off gems and rings/amulets (for the cubing spree later) and had no problems - you just have to make sure to leave the game completely before muling of, otherwise you'll create dupes.

Randomnipotent, level 20 Skellimancer, and Jemali, Defiance Town Guard, Normal Lut Gholein next

Code:
SP D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Skillset(s) Last Waypoint          Points
-- --- ----------------- -------------------- ------- ------ ----------- ---------------------- -------
   Yes Babyhell          BleedRunner          Pal     24     78+70       Kurast docks           6
SP Yes Grisu             Randomnipotent       Nec     20     33+58       Lut Gholein            3
   Yes Sid               Brisket  (KIA)       Dru     8      07+52       Deeds                  0
SP Yes Vang              HobstheHobo          Dru     6      97+96       Cold Plains            0
   Yes maxicek           Forley               Bar     1      42+18       Rogue Camp             0

BleedRunner has beaten the Council!

And therefore started to run LK. And...it's a plague. Really. I just complaint in the D2R chat and even IFT. But anyway, it delivered some lacking pieces (Aerin shield!), and gold auto pick-up allowed quite some gambles and upgrades in gear - nothing worth showing, some resistances and sometimes MF. Ormus sold me a 5LL War Scepter to attack a bit faster, and most items are now rares.

Highest rune so far had been a Thul by the Council.

Found a nice amulet though, I'll share screenshot when back on PC, with 11allres which is great at that lvl, sadly no MF but 78 GF.

Oh, and I almost forget... the jungle is... so beautiful!!!

Code:
SP D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Skillset(s) Last Waypoint          Points
-- --- ----------------- -------------------- ------- ------ ----------- ---------------------- -------
   Yes Babyhell          BleedRunner          Pal     27     78+70       Travincal              6
SP Yes Grisu             Randomnipotent       Nec     20     33+58       Lut Gholein            3
   Yes Sid               Brisket  (KIA)       Dru     8      07+52       Deeds                  0
SP Yes Vang              HobstheHobo          Dru     6      97+96       Cold Plains            0
   Yes maxicek           Forley               Bar     1      42+18       Rogue Camp             0

Reactions: Vildecor and Grisu
SerafinaPekkala the Cold Arrow Bowzon has defeated Act 1 Normal. Went single-pass /players 8 the whole way.

Had a couple of interesting drops

1632647505449.png

This one is actually useable
1632647556918.png

Andy Kill wasn't too interesting

Screenshot003.png

Finally the cool splashscreen for Lut Gholein

1632647659638.png

SerafinaPekkala Level 20 Lut Gholein

Travelling for work next couple of days so won't get a chance to play

Early death, early restart? You can with the same roll or ask for a new one..?
Yes you can restart with the same roll if you choose too.

Ill add it to the Q&A

Q: If I die, can I restart with my last roll?
A: Sometimes our power goes out, other times our kids wake up grab our arm, our dog/cat jump in our lap/move our hand, and sometimes we just plain out suck. Demonic powers at work? Indeed my friends. You may restart with your last roll attempt any number of times, but once you get a new reroll, that soul is lost forever.

@Sid Just as a reminder: I couldn't gamble for a plated belt before lvl 23, so early game will be all about filling the inventory!

And War scepters are available at Kurast, sold by Ormus, for Aerin shield I found the first one in LK.

Oh, and while I was formatting your setup - now it's getting pretty - I just realized you can get 3 useful pieces of the Sigon set, including the gloves for 30IAS and the helm for AR, any couple giving the 10LL...maybe if you're lucky there's a workaround!

Good to know about plated belts. I just check Gheed every now and then, and Akara for scepters. I like to play on /players8 as long as is feasible (I think it's strategically good in this tourney too), so it's slow going. Can't afford a good scepter, although a couple have come up. No decent finds. Although the zombie in the Den of Evil (Corpsefire?) did drop this... Can't use it but it's my first S/U find in D2R!

Screenshot002.png

Code:
   Yes Babyhell          BleedRunner          Pal     27     78+70       Travincal              6
   Yes maxicek           Forley               Bar     15     42+18       Black Marsh            0

I'm having problems with screenshots, so no pictures :(

Cain is rescued. Just equipped my first Broad Sword, gambled from Gheed.
Mainly hiding behind the Merc at the moment, she has a 3 chipped emerald longbow so is pretty much stronger than me. Chipped Topaz have been slow, but I'm planning on doing some re-running so this isn't the end of the world.

The Countess is next. May pick up some runes for low level RWs.

Edit: How do the points work?

Last edited:
Dazliare's Sorceress:

You can get through normal with just about anything, so there's very little synergy in that skill set. I saved the synergies for later difficulties. NM will be challenging, but should be doable. Blizzard gets a bit of damage from Ice Blast, and Frozen orb doesn't have any synergies (except CM which I don't have access to). For cold immunes, we can use the mercenary and Meteor.

You could always get a staff/your orb to have CM on it. A +5/6 isn't terribly hard to get.
Code:
   Yes maxicek           Forley               Bar     15     42+18       Black Marsh            0

I'm having problems with screenshots, so no pictures :(

Cain is rescued. Just equipped my first Broad Sword, gambled from Gheed.
Mainly hiding behind the Merc at the moment, she has a 3 chipped emerald longbow so is pretty much stronger than me. Chipped Topaz have been slow, but I'm planning on doing some re-running so this isn't the end of the world.

The Countess is next. May pick up some runes for low level RWs.

Edit: How do the points work?
3 per completed Act.

Screenshots are located in your My documents folder under Diablo II. It took me forever to find them.

@Sid for gambling The Arreat Summit is the best place to go, basically subtract 4 from the QL to get the level required (Example Circlet and Pike are QL 24, can gamble at 20) http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/basics/gambling.shtml

Minor updated, finished Act 1. Dropping my SP status. I am going to bleed my eyes out and give up if I play that way. I like to run some hobos sometimes.

Code:
   Yes Vang              HobstheHobo          Dru     20     97+96       Lut Gholein            3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your SOUL was swallowed by the resurrection (aka Deeds)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Grisu and Babyhell
My character disappeared. I have the .2ds file, but it won't load and my extended stash disappeared. I'll update as I can if I find a solution.

• Wow
My character disappeared. I have the .2ds file, but it won't load and my extended stash disappeared. I'll update as I can if I find a solution.

Someone can roll me up a new character please. Necromancer. 2x wand 1x one-handed weapons.

Vang's Random Necromancer
Sorry I did the rolls, my son woke up!
+ then I got a mobile network shutdown in my area...it seems that your curses are sharable!
Skillsets 100: 67->50 98 88 44 6
Helm 8: 3
Armor 3: 2
Shield 9: 3
Gloves 5: 2
Belt 5: 3
Boots 5: 5
Class-specific *: 1->4
Weaponry *:
-> Wands 5: 1 2->4
-> 1H 19: 5

06: Raise Skeleton, Blood Golem, Decrepify