Random Tournament 2021 D2R edition!

@Vang
1) Probably no reroll on weapons, this seems nice enough.
2) For armor I do hesitate between shield and boots...hrm... night will help I guess
3) Please reroll skillset 44.

As I won't be starting in the couple of days to come, I'll take the time to weight the armor reroll choice.

@Vang
1) Probably no reroll on weapons, this seems nice enough.
2) For armor I do hesitate between shield and boots...hrm... night will help I guess
3) Please reroll skillset 44.

As I won't be starting in the couple of days to come, I'll take the time to weight the armor reroll choice.
Set 44>63

Set 63: Firebolt, Fireball, Fire Mastery

• Wow
Reactions: Grisu
Double dragon talon...Maybe boots could be worth a reroll..?
I did think about this, but ultimately I actually think Boots are the best I could hope for. I'll be playing single-pass, so the chance of getting Gore Riders, Shadow Dancers, or Goblin Toe along with the correct reroll is quite low. If I'm going to be using shopped blue elite boots, would I really rather have an incremental kick damage boost over a large amount of vitality? E.g. Mirrored Boots do (97.5 / 82.5) - 1 = 18% more damage than Wyrmhide, but would cost 85 more strength to wear (assuming Greater Talons are my highest other requirement). Maybe I'm just dense, but it doesn't seem worth it to me.

Anyways, here's the tentative plan:

Forever - Set 39: Dragon Claw, Dragon Flight, Lightning Sentry
Normal - None.
Nightmare - Set 11: Dragon Talon, Psychic Hammer, Fire Blast
Hell -
Set 12: Cobra Strike, Shadow Warrior, Blade Shield
Set 14: Fire Blast, Shock Web, Blade Fury
Set 58: Dragon Talon, Cobra Strike, Burst of Speed

Armor: Body Armor 1 (Quilted, Leather, Ring Mail, Gothic, Full Plate), Large Shield, Circlet, Heavy Gloves, Plated Belt, Boots
Weaponry: Hatchet Hands, Claws, Blade Talons, Yew Wand

Dragon Claw will gradually pull me through the first two acts until Lightning Sentry, which will take me to Nightmare. There, I'll drop Dragon Claw for Dragon Talon and also receive a synergized Fire Blast, which will hopefully get me through Nightmare. If I'm fortunate I'll pick up a Lem to make Treachery for Hell, but otherwise I'll have Burst of Speed available. If I make it to Hell, I'll also receive an additional synergy for both Fire Blast and Lightning Sentry, as well as Weapon Block via the Shadow Warrior prerequisite. Depending on how I feel about kicking versus crowd control, I can either keep using DTalon in Hell, or shift the points into Shadow Warrior to try to tank a bit.

As stated before, I'm using 1.14d, single-pass, and I'll be playing without ladder runewords. I'll also avoid using a mercenary to the best of my abilities, for I detest their existence in Diablo; but if progress seems impossible otherwise, I may resort to hiring one. Usually I play without an extended stash, but I think I'll try GoMule this time to see how it feels hoarding chipped gems and low runes.

Now, she just needs a name...

Screenshot036.jpg
(Apologies in advance for the 1.14d screenshots!)

Nice job, Babyhell!!! It is very special to see a guardian out of this!

I really, really hate this game sometimes. Can someone reroll my weapon from 1-handed to 2h staff?

Screenshot023.png

Screenshot024.png

Congrats on the Guardian @Babyhell! That new sorceress looks pretty sick! Are you planning on going single pass with this one?

Long overdue update from me. My paladin has cleared out Normal and is now running NM Countess.

Act IV was no issue with the Steel Flail and decent resists. Hellforge gave me an Eld, and Diablo ended up not dropping any items I could use. I then ran Eldtrich until level 30, and on the way forward, I found myself a pair of Sander's Boots that I'm now wearing as well as made Ancient's Pledge in a Large Shield for saving some barbarians. I got up to Pindleskin and ended up running him until level 42. I hadn't planned on leveling that much on him, but the runs were really easy (especially since Holy Shock just got stronger and stronger each level) and in the end I decided leveling here would be more enjoyable in the long run than Baal running. The only good gift Pindle gave me was a 20% MF nagelring.

On the way to Nihlathak, I found something really nice:
Screenshot010.png

This replaced the Steel flail without hesitation and may even end up seeing an upgrade or two. Everything else flew by rather easily with the new flail and lvl 20 Holy Shock. It was quite nice having imps and other monsters die just to the lightning pulse! Baal dropped a bunch of crap that I couldn't use.

I used my respec, kept the 20 point Holy Shock, threw 5 points into Conversion with the new skillset 80, then put 5 in Smite just in case, and the rest into Sacrifice. So I'm basically still using the same build, though I have the option to use Conversion if I want. On the way to the countess I found a 26% MF Nagel to replace the one I got from Pindleskin. I plan to run countess until I get a handful of Shaels and Sols. I'm still on the lookout for a socketed Crown Shield, but the only one of those bases I've even seen ended up being a magical one of junk. I won't complain though, seeing how if I'm super lucky in Hell I have the ability to equip 3/4 of Griswold's set!

Code:
Code:
   D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Skills      Location               Score
-- --- ----------        --------------       -----   -----  ------      --------               ----
   Yes Babyhell          BleedRunner          Pal     83.3   78+86+71    Guardian 10/27/21       45
SP Yes Quackerz          Nero                 Dru     73     52+26+42    Lut Gholein H           39
   Yes Vang              Levia                Ama     76     69+9+90     Lut Gholein H           33
SP Yes Grisu             Randomnipotent       Nec     60     33          NM Kurast               24
SP Yes aitrus            RandomDeadNecro      Nec     42     21+75       NM Lut Gholein          21
SP Yes thefranklin       RandomWayToDie       Ass     48     40+74       NM Cold Plains          18
   Yes Vildecor          Fernando             Pal     46     96+80       NM Black Marsh          15
   Yes D4di56lu3         Deva                 Ass     36     19          Frigid highlands        12
   Yes maxicek           Forley               Bar     29     42+18       Pandemonium Fortress    9
SP Yes Dazliare          Mulgram              Bar     20     56          Tombs                   3
SP Yes jstani01          mystery              Bar     6      93          Cold Plains             0
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your SOUL was swallowed by the resurrection (aka Deeds)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SP Yes Jcakes            SerafinaPekkala      Ama     60     5 + 50      Deeds                   24
   Yes Vang              Multiple             Multi   58     Many        Deeds                   21
   Yes corale            Meoh                 Dru     43     65          Deeds                   15
   Yes Dazliare          Priscilla            Sor     25     25+72       Deeds                   9
   Yes Miron             Hartwig              Bar     29     8+75        Deeds                   6
   Yes coju              RandyTom             Bar     25      5          Deeds                   3
   Yes Sid               Brisket              Dru     8      07+52       Deeds
   Yes Jamesixgun        Devi                 Sor     7      66+78       Deeds
   Yes Sid               Bortleby             Pal     23     40          Deeds

@Vildecor yes. The only skill that lacks is the one point wonder static field...pretty sick.

Having this last set will make normal pretty straight, maybe even nightmare.

However, teleport will only be available in Hell, or it is a cold only build for NM and Hell...not sure of that, at least in 1.14D that wouldn't be fantastic. Maybe better in D2R if cold mastery still pierce immunities.

@Vang

The night was helpful.

Don't mind the shield, boots are a strength investment for sure but she can also stays on Greaves, and 70 strength isn't that meaningful in the end, as some points will be put for elite armor anyway.

So for armor, please reroll Crown. It cuts from the uniques with life leech for sure, but even if undead crown is not that uncommon, I guess I should try to hit either Helm for blood craft or circlet, so it's 2 chances out of 9. Chances are higher than hit one of these uniques in SP...

Last edited:
@Vang

The night was helpful.

Don't mind the shield, boots are a strength investment for sure but she can also stays on Greaves, and 70 strength isn't that meaningful in the end, as some points will be put for elite armor anyway.

So for armor, please reroll Crown. It cuts from the uniques with life leech for sure, but even if undead crown is not that uncommon, I guess I should try to hit either Helm for blood craft or circlet, so it's 2 chances out of 9. Chances are higher than hit one of these uniques in SP...
Hits keep coming: 3>Helm (y)

• Love
Reactions: Babyhell
@Babyhell I'm joining you this year at least. After quite a few years, finally got one done:

1635487427552.png

Now that the spoiler is over, I was stuck in Act 4. At level 79 and was making minimal progress as I didn't have enough defense to really be effective and all the good unique armors I've found have not be useable. So off to Mephisto I went as I could get it done fairly quickly and with a little over 100 MF figured something might show up:

Finally after a dozen or so runs:

1635487592859.png

My mercenary can use that.

So we are squared away with a 70 IAS flawless reciped Knight's Mancatcher of swiftness that got two sockets. Okay let's roll because I'm impatient and its 1100ish pm..

Okay, not a bad rune to get:

1635487786318.png

Diablo went down and the scary part was Infector, and I ran towards the ancients as fast as my legs could carry me though I did manage to get a Gheeds off Eldritch.

The Ancients were rather tame on my second roll, but I sure didn't pack enough potions and with only 1 lightning immune it wasnt a terribly slow fight:
1635487996682.png

The Sand Raider type almost did me in in the second level. They hit way to hard for me to muster, but I made it through. WSK3 required a reroll as it wasn't up to my taste and Lister was a brutal Demon:
1635488150160.png

and spoils, though Baal hit hard once....

1635488195204.png

Final equipped stats:
1635488254580.png

Skills were pretty much 20 Charged Strike, 20 Lighting Bolt, 20 Valk, 8 evade, and 13 Lightning Strike and a lone point in Fire Arrow just incase with my tidy Edge.

Overall I really enjoyed finally getting a guardian of a spear wielding amazon. It was fun being able to keep distance between myself and the demons and the attack speed really set it apart (2.77).

Final weapon of glory!

1635488579372.png

Congrats @Vang! Much deserved on top of that, that's not like you didn't give a try especially this year!

On top of that, you didn't use Lawbringer, so you are in the no-cheater category...however, those Reaper's toll get you close...still lucky enough, getting two is sick! Was any ethereal?

There should be an additional "Very" on this weapon attack speed :ROFLMAO:

I am still thinking a bit about her, but I think I found her a name...

VangKenstein, the (almost) perfect Orb-it-aller!

So here is the status, with weapon roll still available. Flail is not of much use apart from huuuge luck or non-SP to craft a Hoto and secure it, so either it is kept to help a non-SP switch, or it should be rerolled #Decision

Skillsets
Set 63: Firebolt, Fireball, Fire Mastery
Set 66: Frozen Orb, Cold Mastery, Teleport
Set 76: Glacial Spike, Inferno, Telekinesis
Set 77: Frozen Orb, Charged Bolt, Energy Shield
Set 88: Ice Blast, Warmth, Energy Shield

Gear

Armor (1)
Spiked Shield
Helm
Light Gauntlets
Sash
Greaves

Gnarled Staff
Battle Staff
Flail
Jared Stone

For hell, you want sets 63, 66 and either a synergy for Frozen Orb, that can be found with Ice blast (88), or a bit of control with Glacial spike (76). Edit: Ice bolt is the synergy, forget about it.

For Nightmare, I guess the combo offered by either 63 or 66 could win. A slight preference with mobility maybe with Teleport (66), but the raw dps of a masterized synergized Fireball (63) sounds so much appealing too! The one chosen here will be the forever skill probably.

That leaves Normal with the forever set (63 or 66), 88 and 77. The latter includes Charged bolt, nice for the beginning. However, can it stays efficient enough up to 30 to get to Frozen Orb? In fact, if the fire skillset is chosen (63), the path is clear, with Fire bolt then Fireball then Fire Mastery...no need of 77. 88 on its own is nice enough for warmth until an Insight is crafted either for the merc or herself in a 4os staff.

Too much wealth!

Targeted start-of-Hell build
Total: 68skpts+X
8skquests+clvl61
Hell will be stated more probably around 72+

Fire - 41pts
16 Fire bolt
20 Fireball
05 Fire Mastery

Lightning - 2pts
Telekinesis
Teleport