Leather Gloves - Chain Gloves

I'll update the original post.

• Wow
Reactions: Babyhell
Trident - Spetum
Set 55 - Set 69 - Charged Strike, Fend, Valkyrie

I'll update the original post.
Well that is one hell of a set. Check that off as forever, lol.

I'm literally thinking about locking this toon until I get one to Guardian. I'll have to see how bad I scare demons into submission before I determine if the above thinking is illogical.

Last edited:
Reactions: Babyhell
BleedCharger's Hell adventures - part 3

Welcome in Kurast :)

BleedRunner was left last time doing Count(l)ess runs for a Ko to craft a Lawbringer. Guess what?
Code:
Io and Lum can be cubed for a Ko.
Period.

Therefore after having hit 77 (and a bit), Neeraj equipped the Hone Sundan again, and BleedRunner decided to move on a go with his War Scepter base:
PTxz1IMl.png

Officially becoming a low-cost Decrepifier...

This weapon was the bliss needed to get through Act 2...apart from the numerous undeads, so many Physical Immune!
DXWORExl.png

...and the merc liked it very much!

Packs were often numerous. Hopefully, Lawbringer did the job by knocking them off, therefore it was (almost) a walk through until the chamber...
2y4Bb5El.png

Fight was an easy task, Duriel was focused on BleedRunner, who just had to walk around Neeraj until he popped. And for once, he delivered o_O
52i9qNNl.png

UROvwpPl.png

Nice Fireball Robe 🥳

All along other drops, some sadly not usable...
c7xpfgul.png

Usable for merc
XvOE8u1l.png

Usable at some point...
a1xGb1xl.png

Could have been a switch Spirit :-/
UoPSRoal.png

Armor 1, not Armor 3 :-(

At this point, incoming sessions will probably be the heading to LK and rolling of a map. The Ko quest was quite a pain in the end, what is saving the day is the early Um find.

See you on next update!

Code:
   D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Skills      Location               Score
-- --- ----------        --------------       -----   -----  ------      --------               ----
   Yes Babyhell          BleedRunner          Pal     77.7   78+86+71    Kurast docks H          36
SP Yes Jcakes            SerafinaPekkala      Ama     60     5 + 50      Kurast                  24
SP Yes Grisu             Randomnipotent       Nec     49     33          NM Rogue Camp           18
SP Yes aitrus            RandomDeadNecro      Nec     31     21          Frigid Highlands        12
   Yes Vildecor          Fernando             Pal     25     96          Pandemonium Fortress    9
   Yes maxicek           Forley               Bar     29     42+18       Pandemonium Fortress    9
SP Yes thefranklin       RandomWayToDie       Ass     33     40          City of the Damned      9
SP Yes Dazliare          Priscilla            Sor     25     25+72       Lost City               3
   Yes Vang              TrashReturned        Bar     16     84          Sewers                  3
SP Yes Miron             Hartwig              Bar     23     8+75        Dry Hills               3
   Yes corale            Meoh                 Dru     20     65          Lut Gholein             3
SP Yes jstani01          mystery              Bar     6      93          Cold Plains             0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your SOUL was swallowed by the resurrection (aka Deeds)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes Sid               Brisket              Dru     8      07+52       Deeds
   Yes Jamesixgun        Devi                 Sor     7      66+78       Deeds
   Yes coju              RandyTom             Bar     25      5          Deeds                   3
   Yes Sid               Bortleby             Pal     23     40          Deeds
   Yes Vang              Multiple             Multi   58     Many        Deeds                   21

@Vang 's Spear-a-zon

9 - Evade, Fire Arrow, Immolation Arrow
24 - Impale, Lightning Bolt, Strafe
55 - Inner Sight, Fire Arrow, Cold Arrow
44 - Power Strike, Valkyrie, Exploding Arrow
69 - Charged Strike, Fend, Valkyrie
90 - Lightning Bolt, Lightning Strike, Inner Sight

Equipment:
Great Helm
Armor 3
Tower Shield
Greaves
Belt

Trident - Spetum
Brandistock
Long Battle Bow
Maiden Javelin

Any rerolls?
Okay so I figured out my plan.

Lock in 69.

For normal: 44
For NM: 24
For Hell: 9 and 90.

Normal and Nightmare I'll get one Synergy with hell giving me 2. Additionally Hell will provide an opportunity to evade attacks when I'm moving along with inner sight to kill things. I'll work on getting a big Armor Class to at least give me a decent change to avoid being hit when I have one in D/A/E while I'm using lightning attacks or Fend (but not when I'm surrounded). The no Critical Strike things hurts a bit though for sure. I will be trying for a passion I think do to the crowd control mods and an elite weapon should be possible in NM. (Believe I found a mancatcher in NM halls)

Nero has continued on his quest to defeat the Prime Evils and only Baal stands in his way. Duriel, Mephisto and Diablo fell easily enough, though the battles were long on p8. A Nokozan Relic was a welcome drop before facing Diablo, but other than that and an Ethereal Superior Pike for his buddy Azrael, Nero has been running some pretty shoddy gear. Praying to the item gods that he is blessed before NM or it will be a slog.

With all of my sets still available, I'm debating whether to respec into Rabies for NM and back to fire for Hell. Would like to take a break from spamming Fissure. Haven't tried a Rabies Druid before so I'd appreciate some input into whether that would be viable. This is what I'm working with:

Set 15: Cyclone Armor, Lycanthropy, Rabies
Set 26: Molten Boulder, Fire Claws, Summon Dire Wolves
Set 42: Volcano, Werewolf, Maul
Set 52: Fissure, Raven, Summon Grizzly (Locked)
Set 14: Raven, Poison Creeper, Heart of Wolverine

I'm thinking I could use 14+15 for NM to get some good synergy going with Poison Creeper and Rabies, but having only one point in Werewolf might not be enough.

Code:
   D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Skills      Location               Score
-- --- ----------        --------------       -----   -----  ------      --------               ----
   Yes Babyhell          BleedRunner          Pal     77.7   78+86+71    Kurast docks H          36
SP Yes Jcakes            SerafinaPekkala      Ama     60     5 + 50      Kurast                  24
SP Yes Grisu             Randomnipotent       Nec     49     33          NM Rogue Camp           18
SP Yes Quackerz          Nero                 Dru     40     52          Crystalline Passage     12         
SP Yes aitrus            RandomDeadNecro      Nec     31     21          Frigid Highlands        12
   Yes Vildecor          Fernando             Pal     25     96          Pandemonium Fortress    9
   Yes maxicek           Forley               Bar     29     42+18       Pandemonium Fortress    9
SP Yes thefranklin       RandomWayToDie       Ass     33     40          City of the Damned      9
SP Yes Dazliare          Priscilla            Sor     25     25+72       Lost City               3
   Yes Vang              TrashReturned        Bar     16     84          Sewers                  3
SP Yes Miron             Hartwig              Bar     23     8+75        Dry Hills               3
   Yes corale            Meoh                 Dru     20     65          Lut Gholein             3
SP Yes jstani01          mystery              Bar     6      93          Cold Plains             0

Yes coju              RandyTom             Bar     25      5          Deeds                   3
   Yes Vang              Multiple             Multi   58     Many        Deeds                   21

Nero has continued on his quest to defeat the Prime Evils and only Baal stands in his way. Duriel, Mephisto and Diablo fell easily enough, though the battles were long on p8. A Nokozan Relic was a welcome drop before facing Diablo, but other than that and an Ethereal Superior Pike for his buddy Azrael, Nero has been running some pretty shoddy gear. Praying to the item gods that he is blessed before NM or it will be a slog.

With all of my sets still available, I'm debating whether to respec into Rabies for NM and back to fire for Hell. Would like to take a break from spamming Fissure. Haven't tried a Rabies Druid before so I'd appreciate some input into whether that would be viable. This is what I'm working with:

Set 15: Cyclone Armor, Lycanthropy, Rabies
Set 26: Molten Boulder, Fire Claws, Summon Dire Wolves
Set 42: Volcano, Werewolf, Maul
Set 52: Fissure, Raven, Summon Grizzly (Locked)
Set 14: Raven, Poison Creeper, Heart of Wolverine

I'm thinking I could use 14+15 for NM to get some good synergy going with Poison Creeper and Rabies, but having only one point in Werewolf might not be enough.

Code:
SP Yes Quackerz          Nero                 Dru     40     52          Crystalline Passage     12        

I'd try to shop a Mechanic's Sword sword with a speed modifier and socket it with an eth+shael.

That'll let you hit with rabies and back off for a second if need be.

Reactions: Quackerz
Well, after some tricky Tomb clearing in Act II, Randomnipotent finally reached Kurast in NM with only 20 points in Raise Skeleton, Iron Golem and 1 pt in Decrepify. But let's begin in Act 1:

I started out as usual, with an upgrade to my previous savage partizan - a rare ethereal Partizan I found on my way. Then kill the first few monsters, raise an army of skeletons and keep re-raising them once they die. Damage from the skellies in negligible, but they acted as a proper meatshield in various situations

Screenshot003.jpg
Screenshot006.jpg
Screenshot009.jpg

Decrepify really is a great curse to have as a forever skill and made fights so much easier.

I had forgotten how annyoing small passageways are for Skellimancers though. It really was a pain to maneuver my buddies so that my Merc (the only one doing significant damage) could attack the monsters. I have the feeling, that pathfinding for the merc worked better in D2 Legady? I might remember incorrectly though. The skeletons move so fast, that they always are first at doors and then my merc can't attack anything, so I have to retrace my steps, lure the monsters out of the doorway, then approach again. Tedious work.

In the end I got to Andariel though and man - she is one mean looking woman!
Screenshot010.jpg

(Behold my awesome FPS! Ir rarely is above 30 and GPU usage is usually 99%...seems like Andariel doesn't strain my GPU as much as the Rogue Encampment...)

As often is the case, my merc got teleport bugged again sometime in the Catacombs so Andariel focused on the Skeletons and killed them in about 5 seconds (thanks to no point in Summon Resist), so I had to be the bait/punching bag while my merc kept poking Andariel from the side. She finally went down

Screenshot011.jpg

In Act II, I quickly recruited Chalan as my new merc - of course a Might aura one. Things went a bit quicker, esp. in the open areas. The underground areas and especially the Maggot Lair was another matter. I decided to do some of the areas without skeletons so that my merc could get to the front line, because using one or two skeletons in the front line was...well, insufficient, especially considering that I wanted to finish the character in the next 30 years.

I tried my luck at gambling Coronets and was rewarded:
Screenshot017.jpg

I really looooove the new gambling mechanic! :love: I went back to Normal Larzuk and he was so kind to put 2 sockets in it - and swoosh! 81%MF and 23 res all on my head! :cool:

I took risks in order to have better crowd control...

Screenshot018.jpg

and killed a bazillion maggots

Screenshot021.jpg

The Arcane Sanctuary took me like 3 hours of maneuvering and repositioning (and killing my own skellies again so that my merc could reach the battlefront), but wasn't dangerous.

I then did some cubing with the huge amount of runes I found (8 Amns or so and as much Shaels, but only one Sol) and the normal unsocketed Partizans. I wanted to gear up for Duriel and go straight for him in the Canyon of Mages. I tried to cube one with 2 sockets for "Strength" RW...

First, I got a 3 os one...well, ok, at leat I could make Malice in it.
Seconde, I got 4 sockets...well, not too bad for the single Sol rune I had...made an Insight (average roll +230% ED, level 15 meditation)
Third time's the charm: 2 os, Amn and Tir went in - bingo!

Thus equipped I went straight to Duriel
Screenshot025.jpg

Well, Duriel focused on my golem first, killing it quickly. Then the skeletons. He was down 15% when facing my merc. I decided to go back to town, resummon my army in the canyon of Magi via WP, then go back via TP. Went well until Duriel was down to 20% life or so. I had to take 7 to 8 trips back so far. Then I accidentially opened a TP while farming for bodies to get my army back again. So I had to rerun the whole way to Duriel and - guess what? He was back at full life 🤦‍♂️ Apparently he doesn't regenerate when there's a town portal near that keeps the area "active" or so but he starts to regenerate if there's no hero and no TP near? I don't know...but after the 20 mins or so until then I decided to switch tactics and let my merc do the tanking alone. Used Strength first for the CB, then Malice for OW/-def, then (because it has the highest base damage) Insight to finish him. That took some trips to town and 8 Full Rejuvs (Still have 70 in stock), but Duriel went down.

His drop was horrible (well, not as horrible as 5 TPs, but still...).

I then continued to clear the tombs. There were so many Greater Mummies with hordes of skeletons that I decided to try my luck at gambling again and got a Coronet with Teleport charges. With it, i was able to Teleport bomb the Mummies and then finish the rest of the crowds. Sometimes that was too dangerous - I then had to try to instantly use Raise Skeleton on the monsters that went down to prevent the Mummies from resurrecting it. Thanks to the Insight Partizan, I was able to cut down on Mana potion use for that and all in all clearing the tombs went much faster with those two methods as compared to before, where I tried to draw out the minons outside of the resurrection radious of the mummies, causing new mobs to notice me and come after me from another side...

Oh, and I made a second Rhyme in a +3 Summon Resist Zombie Head on the way, which felt better than +1 RS/+2 SM...

Code:
SP Yes Grisu             Randomnipotent       Nec     60     33          NM Kurast               24

Randomnipotent, level 60 Skellimancer, with Chalan, the Might One-Man-Show backed up by Decrepify, NM Kurast next.

Got started on Deva the Assassins journey with the intention of the following setup of skill usage:

Base set: (19) Psychic hammer, Shadow warrior, Wake of fire
Normal: None
Nightmare: (06) Dragon talon, CoT, Death sentry & (30) Claw mastery, weapon block, shock web
Hell: (39) Dragon claw, Dragon flight, lightning sentry & (77) DF (again), Fire blast, Death sentry

So far so good, having katars as rng weapons of choice allowed Deva to hack herself to lvl 12 where WoF unlocked for increased killing speed. Nothing spectacular happened, she was joined by Divo the ice arrow Rogue and later Shadow Deva before entering Andariels Lair. Andariel has a profound dislike for WoF.

Screenshot006.png

All in all, a simple matter for now only having cleared act 1norm.

While I am in no way inclined to breaking the rules, I cannot say the same for my shadow...
Say it started using CoS (being a pre-req. for SW) since the skill happened to be on my LMB, unused ofc :sneaky:, would that result in the disgraceful downfall of poor Deva?

1634441134523.png

Embarrassing Death - everything had been going pretty well so wasn't really ready on the rejuvs. Can't see it there but I got cursed and then was strafelocked and died very quickly.

May as well get back on the horse - can someone roll me another random (not Amazon) character?

Meoh is now in Act V. He only has around 50-60% magic find but keeps having luck with set items (in the regular sense - for this tourney he can't use most of it).

Maggot Lair gave a decent set item I can wear, but I already had a 18/19 Fire res/Life so it wasn't much of an upgrade. Nice drops from Duriel. He was a bit of a pain, but not too bad. He refused to target my merc for the entire fight so it came down completely to hit and run with Rabies. Act II was done on p8 except Maggots, Arcance Sanctuary and Duriel.
act2_maggot_setitem.png

act2_duriel.png

Act 3 was uneventful and went by fast, I more or less rushed through on p1.
act3_meph.png

For Act IV I was able to get headgear for the first time. Shopped a full set of items for the merc as well! Then I immediately went back to do some p8 Ruined Temple runs in act III for XP. Gained 4-5 levels here to boost Rabies so that Act IV at p8 wouldn't be a slog. Found a fantastic Amulet (for now, will need one with res later). Diablo and Izual was done at p1.

act4_first_headgear.png
act4_merc_upgrades.png
act4_ruinedtemple_reruns.png
act4_hellforge.png
act4_portrait.png
act4_diablo.png

Code:
SP Yes Grisu             Randomnipotent       Nec     60     33          NM Kurast               24
   Yes corale            Meoh                 Dru     35     65          Harrogath               12

@Grisu , that is one good looking Coronet!

Random note. In some cases when I go down to p1 it actually slows me down a lot, because enemies die too fast to spread the Rabies on to others. On p8 I can clear a whole room with one bite, on p1 the merc will have to do most of the work. I am starting to doubt that Rabies will be fast in late Nightmare. I think it will get slow and difficult there. I'll have to focus on getting Rabies to 25 or so I think.

Reactions: Vang
@Jcakes's Random Necromancer

Skillsets:
41 - Revive, Bone Spear, Terror
11 - Raise Skeleton, Bone Armor, Amplify Damage
39 - Golem Mastery, Fire Golem, Life Tap
2 - Poison Dagger, Dim Vision, Terror
26 - Raise Skeleton, Bone Spear, Life Tap
98 - Raise Skeleton, Poison Explosion, Life Tap

Gear:
Bone Helm
Armor 3
Gothic Shield
Light Gauntlets -> Gauntlets
Light Plated Boots
Belt
Preserved Head

Yew Wand
Bone Wand
Blade -> Kris

Any rerolls?

Last edited:
  • Wow
@Jcakes's Random Necromancer

Skillsets:
11 - Raise Skeleton, Bone Armor, Amplify Damage
26 - Raise Skeleton, Bone Spear, Life Tap

Gear:
Bone Helm
Armor 3
Gothic Shield
Light Gauntlets
Light Plated Boots
Belt
Preserved Head

Yew Wand
Bone Wand
Blade

Any rerolls?

looks tough so far. Re-roll 26 please I'll think about weapons and armour later

looks tough so far. Re-roll 26 please I'll think about weapons and armour later
Tough rolls are back in the game... It's a merc support "build"...

:-/
What about skellies until merc + amplify damage in Normal?
Forever: 11
Raise Skeleton, Bone Armor, Amplify Damage

Then in Nightmare some Bone spear to be added...

And for Hell Dim vision and either Fire Golem (my preference) or Poison...
98 - Raise Skeleton, Poison Explosion, Life Tap

A swap between 98 and 41 could be a path too, bringing Revives in the mix for Hell while keeping Dim vision fire the latter stage...

Tough roll. Very good luck to you @Jcakes

Last edited:
@Babyhell it's definitely a forever 11. I'll need to work out NM a bit later. I did kind of want Revives for hell and I definitely want DV in hell as well so I am tempted with 98 as a NM skill.

Reactions: Babyhell and Vang
Wow lots of progress yesterday. Go away for a wedding and come back to a ton of post!

@Jcakes I feel ya there with that loss. The new necromancer looks interesting. If you manage to make it through hell and get to level 75 or so you can skip most the game by being careful and casting lots of Dim Vision.

@Grisu I'm glad you brought the Mercenary pathing issue up, I've noticed it is worse than before. I have a feeling it has something to do with the new angles of movement developed for the new UI. Wish they would rework that. (Though the Act 1 mercenary seems to last a bit longer and is better at maintaining distance, will have to play one in a later act to know for sure though)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High