Random Tournament 2020 Stay/Shelter-in-Place/Home Edition

That hurts...

If I got it right, getting for example the Stag bow allows me to use any of the Stag bows and its exceptional and elite version?

Still thinking about what to reroll... Jab for sure, unsure about the armor and weap ones yet...

Yeah, the exceptional and elite versions are usable as well.

Jab -> Ice Arrow

Edit: Originally posted as Freezing Arrow on accident (roll was 3-6). Well, at least it’s a bow skill.

Reactions: Babyhell
Yeah, the exceptional and elite versions are usable as well.

Jab -> Ice Arrow

Edit: Originally posted as Freezing Arrow on accident (roll was 3-6). Well, at least it’s a bow skill.
Freezing would have been so much better :p

Anyway, let's reroll Boots and Long war bow :) #DiceRolling...

Good night!

That hurts...

If I got it right, getting for example the Stag bow allows me to use any of the Stag bows and its exceptional and elite version?

Still thinking about what to reroll... Jab for sure, unsure about the armor and weap ones yet...

Correct so it would be the Ashwood and Matriarchal Bow in that case.

Ready to go, her dedicated theorycrafting thread here ;)

Well after some thinking, and requesting Bows in order to have a distant fighter, dice decided to give me good melee forever skills... however, I'll be really limited towards amazon javelins as weapons, so it will be a really tough run I guess...

Two points: must I lock already before starting or can I lock later in Normal before reroll in Nightmare? I do hesitate between locking Decoy and hoping for a Charged Strike synergy at Nightmare reroll...

YLpFIFRl.jpg

Code:
     Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Last Waypoint          Points
     ----------------- -------------------- ------- ------ ---------------------- -------
     Vang              Bludgeon             Pal     64     Glacial Trial NM       28
SP   DariusTriplet     Vegas                Pal     41     Rogue Encampment NM    15
     Vang              Shockingly           Sor     35     Highlands              13 (RIP)
SP   CaseyJones        Turgruel             Pal     20     Act 2 Sewers            3
SP   b1ur              Lynn                 Ama     20     Lut Gholein             3
SP   Vildecor          Daphydae             Ama     20     Lut Gholein             3
SP   Pb_pal            Silika               Asa     18     Lut Gholein             3
SP   Grisu             Pynache              Ama     15     Black Marsh             0
     Swamigoon         Witgat               Dru     18     Act 2 Sewers            3
     Swamigoon         Cuckoo               Dru     17     Halls o' Dead 2         3(RIP)
     QueenEm           RandomQueen          Sorc    20     Lut Gholein             3
     Babyhell          Frida                Ama      1     Rogue encampment        0

Last edited:
Reactions: Pb_pal
Session 1: at Stony field wp.

For now, everything apart from jewelry had been shopped - a damaged cap had been used at some point, but nothing else:
8efg6n3l.jpg

fHHo0tbl.jpg

QG1avjkl.jpg

nZFRFfel.jpg

Rings are 14AR 1 max damage, 42AR 10FCR, and amulet 5PR. 2 chipped rubies in cap, waiting for chipped diamonds for shield :)

Damage is done by Poison javelin skill, I guess i'm going for a looot of running in Normal. Started to put points in CS prerequisites too, as it is going to be my main damage dealer...

Also put a point in Critical Strike and will put in Penetrate as prereq of Pierce.

Code:
     Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Last Waypoint          Points
     ----------------- -------------------- ------- ------ ---------------------- -------
SP   DariusTriplet     Vegas                Pal     41     Rogue Encampment NM    15
     Vang              Shockingly           Sor     35     Highlands              13 (RIP)
SP   CaseyJones        Turgruel             Pal     20     Act 2 Sewers            3
SP   b1ur              Lynn                 Ama     20     Lut Gholein             3
SP   Vildecor          Daphydae             Ama     20     Lut Gholein             3
SP   Pb_pal            Silika               Asa     18     Lut Gholein             3
SP   Grisu             Pynache              Ama     15     Black Marsh             0
     Swamigoon         Cuckoo               Dru     17     Halls o' Dead 2         3(RIP)
     Babyhell          Frida                Ama      9     Stony field             0

Last edited:
Reactions: Pb_pal and Grisu
Well well well - Pynache finally overcome Diablo at /p8 after 18 trips to town and probably around 14 resurrections of her merc.

In Act II, I used the rogue merc until I was able to gamble some throwing spears with which I could equip my Blessed Aim merc. His current weapon is nothing too spectactular, but serviceable (of course miles away from the usual Savage Polearms my Act II merc usually uses at this stage of the game from the cube recipe):
Eagle Bite
Throwing Spear
Throw Damage: 17 - 43
One Hand Damage: 7 - 21
Quantity: 80
Required Level: 10
Required Dexterity: 65
Fingerprint: 0x83a766c2
Item Level: 32
Version: Expansion 1.10+
5% Chance to cast level 1 Amplify Damage on striking
+10% Increased Attack Speed
46% Enhanced Damage
+40 to Attack Rating
Lightning Resist +6%
Replenishes quantity

Armed with a Bow and no good skills, fights against hordes of Greater Mummies is tough, esp. if there are other bosspacks around, but after luring away all undead I could take care of the Greater Mummies:
Screenshot032.jpg

After finding lots of Tir runes
Screenshot033.jpg
I somehow managed to cube this beauty with the 3 rings = 1 amulet recipe:
Screenshot035.jpg

NICE! I think these boots go well along with it:
Screenshot038.jpg

I manged to find the second TC3 unique
Screenshot042.jpg
(and later the third from an armor rack)
Screenshot051.jpg

and defeated Duriel without any complications:
Screenshot047.jpg

I had some stair traps in the temples in Act III.
Screenshot048.jpg

This was relatively easy, but the next one...
Screenshot052.jpg
Here, I had to TP back from the scene (not so easy when in hit lock), use the WP to get back to the entrance and then cast Decoys to get some breathing room.

And then a third one? Are you kidding me?
Screenshot053.jpg

Another nasty encounter with boss pack archers (HF aura), which probably only wasn't lethal because of my Valkyrie:
Screenshot054.jpg

All in all, the Valkyrie does good work as a meat shield and I am glad I chose her as a forever skill:
Screenshot055.jpgScreenshot056.jpgScreenshot057.jpg

I upgraded my MF gear in Act IV
Screenshot060.jpgScreenshot061.jpg

and then Diablo already...Lightning Fury proved effective against the seal bosses, and my level 10 Power Strike helped to bring down Big D. It was one of the more "awwww" drops I've got from him on Normal, although no item is usable for me:
Screenshot065.jpg

I'm looking forward to freeing the barbs and get myself a barbarian bodyguard, probably with a "Strength" Runeword sword. The damage from my Act II merc with a throwing spear just isn't too great.

After 7 full clears of Act V normal recently for my ability scroll sept, I am not looking forward to Act V...but I love Act I NM, so I have a goal set and should be fine...somehow.

How is everyone else doing?

@Vang: That is some tough luck you had there with your deeds! But man, you ARE setting a pace, are you? Level 76? :eek:

Code:
SP   Grisu             Pynache              Ama     35     Harrogath              12

I should have an update later tonight as I finish up Canyon of the Magi and the seven tombs. Currently experiencing about 48 hour work weeks, and have been focusing on migration a bunch, usually allowing only a couple of hours a night for D2. It's weekend time now though!

@Grisu Eh, I had a good run, but finding armor wasn't on my side even with re-running areas, or I'm a scrub, which is probably the case!

Deeds again (attached). Hey, at least my second druid advanced farther than the first! Level 22, almost to Duriel, and Witgat's cyclone armor was quickly depleted by scarabs' lightning. His demise came less than a second later.

Code:
SP   Grisu             Pynache              Ama     35     Harrogath              12
     Swamigoon         Witgat               Dru     22     Canyon o' Magi          3(RIP)

Attachments

• Deeds2.png
    Deeds2.png
    626.4 KB · Views: 3
Oh no! Condolences on the loss, Swamigoon. Plan on giving it another go?

As promised, it's finally time for another update from me.

Forever Skills
Decoy
Fend
Lightning Strike

Normal Skills
Multishot
Inner Sight
Critical Strike
Power Strike
Poison Javelin

Armor
Light Armor
Full Helm => Great Helm
Gothic Shield
Chain Gloves
Chain Boots
Light Belt

Weapons
Maiden Javelin
Maiden Pike
Long Bow
Glaive => Pilum

Thanks to the new and improved mercenary weapon rules, I quickly gambled a Pike of the Leech for Razan the Prayer merc after slaying Radament. This was enough for me to hide behind him and pretend like I was helping kill things. Once I obtained the Horadric Cube, I quickly did a muling session to upgrade my armor to a 3xflawed topaz Breast Plate. Another gambling session gave me chain gloves with 9% FR and 9% MF along with chain boots with 10% FRW, 8% FR, and 22% MF.

I initially invested 3 points into Fend (along with 3 into Decoy), planning on using Fend as a main attack once I was able to make insight. Taking a page from Grisu, however, I decided I was better off investing into Power Strike (and later Lightning Strike), as Fend won't truly shine unless I get some really nice base damage later on.

fgBMi2J.jpg

TC3s are always nice to find!

PNldRez.jpg

Why do I always get a first-way Arcane when going single pass?

3Pcti40.jpg

The roughest tomb to establish an initial foothold in. There were an additional four unravelers hanging around the pillars off-screen.

Once I hit level 28 in the last false tomb, I went on my final Act 2 gambling session. Since it was also only my second one this act, I had a nice stash of gold saved up. I tried out 5 great helms, netting only a 9% cold resist one for myself and an enhanced defense one for the merc. I also scored 24% MF chain gloves, a rare light belt with 17% FHR, 32 life, and 8 LR, a deadly (23%) pilum of slaughter (+15 max dmg), and... a shimmering (+6% all res) Gothic Shield. All slots are now filled with the correct items!

Additional MF jewlery was also found (10% and 14% on rings, 12% on amulet), netting me a total of 120% (147% for merc kills). I also found my first Maiden Pike, which I used a chippy + Eld to un-crack it. I'm saving this (and the first white Maiden Javelin I find) for possible imbues. I plan on holding off on my first imbue until I rescue Anya and see what she decides to give me. Knowing her, it'll probably be some crappy bow.

As with the entirety of Act 2, Duriel was taken on at /players8:

mLki1Cz.jpg

1. Merc knockback prevention
2. Easy belt refill
3. Show off my all my item slots filled with the proper gear (no more starter shield!)
4. No full rejuvs necessary!

scAhySU.jpg

Well, yes, I can use light belts...but I don't think I'll want those.

Code:

Vang              Bludgeon             Pal     76     Black Marsh H          31 (RIP)
SP   Vildecor          Daphydae             Ama     28     Kurast Docks            6
     Swamigoon         Witgat               Dru     22     Canyon o' Magi          4 (RIP)
     Swamigoon         Cuckoo               Dru     17     Halls o' Dead 2         4 (RIP)

Reactions: Pb_pal and Grisu
I got points!

Act 1 Normal completed, lvl almost 17.

Everything had been somehow ran through on p1 after getting lvl 15 at Countess, only picking huge packs and Champ/Uniques.

The Thou Shall Not Use drops... first was crap, but the Bone Ash one...still repairing starting javs -_-
6UHgo7Ul.jpg

Pu3G3kCl.jpg

C5vR6Atl.jpg

Well, if I had *useful* bow skill to target...@Vildecor
KbxciwIl.jpg

Some upgrade on the way - weapon for merc
VxsRRJ8l.jpg

And finally, after a poison-run-poison-run #CatchMeIfYouCan session:
hA7ZO8ol.jpg

ZYgZ8wgl.jpg

Almost 17. Thankfully - and finally - I could buy her a 2os medium armor, so Stealth is coming soon!

Code:

Vang              Bludgeon             Pal     76     Black Marsh H          31 (RIP)
SP   Vildecor          Daphydae             Ama     28     Kurast Docks            6
     Swamigoon         Witgat               Dru     22     Canyon o' Magi          4 (RIP)
     Swamigoon         Cuckoo               Dru     17     Halls o' Dead 2         4 (RIP)
     Babyhell          Frida                Ama     16     Luth Golein             3

Last edited:
Reactions: Vang and Vildecor
@Babyhell You should be able to buy 2os ring mails in act 1 already, I buy 3os there from Charsi

My RandomQueen has cleared act2, I have filled all my equipment slots. MF = 104 and with merc kill + 53. Not that bad, I am using Chain lightning as main skill and it is causing me to drink mana potions like a maniac... I found a Nagelring (15MF so a really vad one..) but apart from that nothing spectacular.

Now off to act 3. I hate the jungle... grr...

Code:

QueenEm           RandomQueen          Sorc    28     Kurast Docks            6
     Babyhell          Frida                Ama     16     Luth Golein             3

You should be able to buy 2os ring mails in act 1 already, I buy 3os there from Charsi

Well in fact Charsi only offered me one after Andy kill, I checked earlier I only found a 1os one until then.

Anyway it will be time to look forward, in Act 2 then 3 there will be access to better armors, I made a table in order not to miss the Strength reqs on the droppable armors, see here for up-to-date version, below a copy of current status:
Strength req for targeted armor bases
Code:
Difficulty/Act nb | Armor base    | Str req | Clvl | Points available
Normal Act 1      | Ring mail     |      36 |   16 |  10
Normal Act 2      | Splint mail   |      51 |   17 |   0
Normal Act 4+     | Gothic plate  |      70 |   30 |  45+ 5 (L.E. Tome Norm)
NM Act ?          | Ancient armor |     100 |   55 | 140+ 5 (L.E. Tome Norm)
Hell Act ?        | Diamond mail  |     131 |   75 | 210+10 (L.E. Tome Norm+NM)

I'll be on the Edge of using it... But it would be a Tal requirement, you seemed to make an o'Ral mistake (am I ready for a Drunken HC shot?)

It would be either going on to the end of Normal with this runeword bow or count on Charged Strike. But in any case it can be a vendor gambling advantage of the build ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: Vildecor
Poisoning Act 2 with starting javs

Act 2 complete on p1... - so now arrived at Act 3!

Here's the Act 2 progress #FullStuffFinally

Basic and very useful tool : the Cube, used for the staff, the Full rejuvs - and the useful space!
R007YSZl.jpg

Fangskin popped... inside, all the snakes had been poisoned to death #easy
Gh9ZR05l.jpg

So here I was, with two upgrades on MF, making it a skyrocketing 35MF. Solid :cool:
wkqKTC0l.jpg

nvgvnBnl.jpg

Next session provided some more shopping, including this best possible Stealth medium armor at this stage?! Ok ok, let's that 1%ed apart :p
hVugifXl.jpg

0k5ulxnl.jpg

Also finally could put gloves... not fantastic ones, but vs Duriel it may help a bit
dKSgVhal.jpg

And here we are, after an intense running party -_- (she hits way too strong!)
ylw2gKfl.jpg

The polearm gave an upgrade on merc, even if he still has no life leech
rft9HTLl.jpg

Act 3 on next session!

Code:

QueenEm           RandomQueen          Sorc    28     Kurast Docks            6
     Babyhell          Frida                Ama     21     Kurast Docks            6

Last edited:
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High