Random Tournament 2020 Stay/Shelter-in-Place/Home Edition

Building sessions 2: goodbye Nightmare!
After the last 2.5hours of LK running, i decided it was about time to stop and push towards Hell.

After a last gambling session right after lvl 75, all this time had been used to bank gold (6M+ total), find gear upgrades (or try to...), get better charms... well got some, but i can't stand NM LK anymore ^^

LK delivered an ethereal Linked mail, that gave 3os/369def. Could be used by the merc, not sure about throwing the Lem in of crafting a cheaper Lionheart for him instead. Another option would be this Spirit forge, socketed with some IAS or FHR
Code:
Spirit Forge
Linked Mail
Defense: 432
Durability: 25 of 26
Required Level: 35
Required Strength: 74
Fingerprint: 0x88c58d5d
Item Level: 52
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Unidentified
Adds 20 - 65 Fire Damage
+150% Enhanced Defense
+15 to Strength
+93 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Fire Resist +5%
+4 to Light Radius
2 Sockets (0 used)

Chestnut Jewel of Fervor
Jewel
Required Level: 31
Fingerprint: 0x66c24516
Unidentified
+15% Increased Attack Speed
+15 Maximum Stamina

Some charms were found obviously, most are dumped below, got this one screenshot.
XVos38El.jpg

Code:
Coral Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Required Level: 15
Fingerprint: 0xf4d047e
Unidentified
Lightning Resist +25%

Jade Large Charm of Strength
Large Charm
Required Level: 18
Fingerprint: 0xbae63415
Unidentified
+4 to Strength
Poison Resist +12%

Ruby Large Charm of Dexterity
Large Charm
Required Level: 27
Fingerprint: 0x9b772d
Unidentified
+3 to Dexterity
Fire Resist +15%

Lapis Grand Charm of Life
Grand Charm
Required Level: 7
Fingerprint: 0x30441278
Unidentified
+15 to Life
Cold Resist +18%

Emerald Grand Charm of Quality
Grand Charm
Required Level: 33
Fingerprint: 0x58ca9fc1
Unidentified
+2 to Maximum Damage
Poison Resist +27%

Lapis Small Charm of Balance
Small Charm
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0x24dee175
Unidentified
+5% Faster Hit Recovery
Cold Resist +7%

Last but not least, didn't sold this sorc weap... not sure of usability, but +3FO/+5Hydra could be nice if it had FCR
Code:
Carrion Whorl
Sacred Globe
One Hand Damage: 3 - 8
Durability: 17 of 30
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0x6dce4fdf
5% Chance to cast level 3 Ice Bolt on attack
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
Adds 12 Poison Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
+1 to Frozen Orb (Sorceress Only)
+3 to Hydra (Sorceress Only)
+1 to Enchant (Sorceress Only)
+36 to Mana
Cold Resist +37%

But we are here for runes too... found my dose of Sols, Hels, much less Lums (another) and only one Fal.

Leveling had been done at Pindle 99%. Gave a try to Council, but merc wasn't solid enough, so i quickly stopped. Found this nice 27LRES/27life GC still, so it could have been a nice target to run too.

Pindle was much more about general stuff, and i would have taken some unusable ones... especially when he coughed a unique Templar coat, that was ethereal.
isGalW3l.jpg

Code:
Guardian Angel
Templar Coat
Defense: 1161
Durability: 31 of 31
Required Level: 45
Required Strength: 108
Fingerprint: 0x85cadd8f
Item Level: 66
Unidentified
+1 to Paladin Skill Levels
+30% Faster Block Rate
20% Increased Chance of Blocking
+187 to Attack Rating against Demons (Based on Character Level)
+182% Enhanced Defense
+15% to Maximum Poison Resist
+15% to Maximum Cold Resist
+15% to Maximum Lightning Resist
+15% to Maximum Fire Resist
+4 to Light Radius
Ethereal

Found another exceptional ethereal 4os base for Insight, that rolled pretty well.
KtTyw0Sl.jpg

Upgrades found
Weapon-wise, the rare Ceremonial javelin wasn't great by any mean, but later a LK Maiden javelin with have the holy mod: replenishes!
3R1qlEgl.jpg

LK also delivered this belt i do hesitate to use... I bet it would be stylish, ethereal with repair, 24FHR, some strength and even CRES.
Code:
Viper Lash
Light Belt
Defense: 8
Durability: 8 of 8
Required Level: 14
Fingerprint: 0x1ad4387e
Unidentified
+24% Faster Hit Recovery
+47% Enhanced Defense
+5 to Strength
+8 Maximum Stamina
Cold Resist +17%
Repairs 1 Durability in 33 Seconds
Ethereal

At lvl 75, burnt about 1.5M gold gambling. Soon found a 2 java pair with MF, and the (so to speak) fun fact is that the right before gambled pair had 20IAS.
p7nL40vl.jpg

Lvl 75-76 was dedicated to banking as much as possible for Hell arrival hoping for exceptional/elite belt and boots. Meanwhile, found the final Smoke base, a 2os embossed plate with 297 def.

At lvl 76, and given the Ravenfrost drop from previous session, the Whistan's shield used the first Larzuk's quest, and socketed for resistances. Embossed plates gave the new Stealth and Smoke armors for Hell, and it was time for the last LK running session. Close to the end, this unusable 5 MPK shield dropped. Well, i feel safer with Whistan's anyway, but could have been an interesting switch.

Now it's time for respec and start the Hell journey. Some thoughts had been throwned in Frida's dedicated thread about the stats/gear planning, if someone has any interest, it's just my own way to put my gearing strategies and - try to - avoid mistakes. The resistances summary dedicated post will be updated later on.

See you on next update!

Code:
     Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Last Waypoint          Points
     ----------------- -------------------- ------- ------ ---------------------- -------
     Vang              Bludgeon             Pal     76     Black Marsh H          31 (RIP)
     Babyhell          Frida                Ama     77     Outer cloister Hell    30
SP   Grisu             Pynache              Ama     53     NM Lut Gholein         18
SP   DariusTriplet     Vegas                Pal     41     Rogue Encampment NM    15
     Vang              Shiv                 Asa     46     NM Rogue Camp          15
SP   Jcakes            Rurisk               Pal     48     Rogue Encampment NM    15
SP   Jcakes            Nightshade           Asa     47     Rogue Encampment NM    15 (RIP)
     Vang              Shockingly           Sor     35     Highlands              13 (RIP)
SP   Vildecor          Daphydae             Ama     35     Harrogath              12
SP   Pb_pal            Silika               Asa     32     Harrogath              12
     QueenEm           RandomQueen          Sorc    31     Pandemonium Fortress   10 (RIP)
SP   Dazliare          IronChad             Bar     28     Kurast Docks            9
     Swamigoon         Niminy               Bar     24     Kurast Docks            4
     Swamigoon         Witgat               Dru     22     Canyon o' Magi          4 (RIP)
     Swamigoon         Cuckoo               Dru     17     Halls o' Dead 2         4 (RIP)
     QueenEm           Groot                Dru     21     Lut Gholein             3
SP   CaseyJones        Turgruel             Pal     20     Act 2 Sewers            3
SP   b1ur              Lynn                 Ama     20     Lut Gholein             3

Last edited:
@Pb_pal advantage of non-SP!

Hello Hell! LOL I know i shouldn't have, but I had to...sorry!
After a gambling session with Gheed who swallowed about 5.5M gold, it was time to respec and cube up the belt and the weap. Here's the status before putting a foot outside of the Rogue Camp.

Hell Gambling
Boots were the target. I gambled almost everything specifically on them - and holy cow trying to gamble on a specific piece is painful... The first rare came at the 8th gamble, but was not a good one. Afterwards there was nothing really noticeable apart from these magical boots of luck with ed and lightning res. At some point, after 4.5M gold gambled, finally the upgrade came:
9dsjGaPl.jpg

I lose some FRW, no more MF and a slight GF upgrade, but those resistances allowed me to replace some charms for more life (scs), mana and FRW (one lc 5FRW/29mana). So all good!

Then i started to gamble a million of amulets, keeping 500k for merc resurrection at start. Well none turnt to be good, even if an Angelic came eventually.

Cubing up normal gear
Afterwards the weapon and belt were upgraded, and it was time for the respec.
qcNw0fHl.jpg

Final stats and skills
Now i may put the future skill points into Decoy and max it, then complete Power Strike for the spare ones. Ice arrow has been set to 8 so it hits the 4s freeze duration/1s in Hell.
As a side note, Frida is still wearing the MF War hat, but the Shako Lore is already available - it would even free some space inventory.
5AspJZjm.jpg
x0POw68m.jpg
90Yu16Fm.jpg

Act 1 Hell from p3 to p1... to p1. Definitely

First part was questing on p3 until Outer cloister. Found a nice AR/LL ring on the path, and i was a unique roll close to make the fastest godly drop of the Pits.
d5e79pXl.jpg

RNG came in at the second floor, when a Crown of thieves dropped.
Ap9teDTl.jpg

Could have run there more, it was pretty safe, i could even set it down to p1 for more safety.

Then it has been an intensive Countess running session (thanks to a somehow nice map), that made me set it down to p1. Lots of champs/uniques there so leveling was existing, and hopefully most were Ghosts or Devilkins. Sadly 45@ was on a Crown shield base, but soon after came a Pul. Then this happened:
m9W0wEal.jpg

RNGFck....!!!
Thfjup8l.jpg

Had to wait a bit before finding a Lem, and get my first encounter with the armor base (but magic) i target for Frida. The last two noticeable finds from Countess runs were a Homunculus and a close to perfect Boneweave.
tu4cPJfl.jpg

Afterwards, went back to questing and Andy's waypoint trolled me, but she did die anyway, being also kind not to even touch my merc. I guess the Decoy was the reason why...

Thoughts
I decided to put a point in Critical Strike to help to boost a bit the mana leech efficiency, i will put another one and count on some other skill bonus/Lore to give more value, but i will not spend more than 2 hard points in.

Decoy is THE bliss of the Hell roll. Without it, using only one element, everything would be so much harder. Also the points put in Ice arrow are useful, between Decoy and the Freezing capability working on minions it saved my merc's life more than once.

Also, if ANYONE succeeds Single Pass... huge congrats in advance and it would be forever remembered!

Well, see you on next update!

Code:
     Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Last Waypoint          Points
     ----------------- -------------------- ------- ------ ---------------------- -------
     Babyhell          Frida                Ama     79     Lut Gholein Hell       33
     Vang              Bludgeon             Pal     76     Black Marsh H          31 (RIP)
SP   Grisu             Pynache              Ama     53     NM Lut Gholein         18
SP   DariusTriplet     Vegas                Pal     41     Rogue Encampment NM    15
SP   Jcakes            Rurisk               Pal     48     Rogue Encampment NM    15
SP   Jcakes            Nightshade           Asa     47     Rogue Encampment NM    15 (RIP)
     Vang              Shockingly           Sor     35     Highlands              13 (RIP)
SP   Vildecor          Daphydae             Ama     35     Harrogath              12
SP   Pb_pal            Silika               Asa     32     Harrogath              12
     QueenEm           RandomQueen          Sorc    31     Pandemonium Fortress   10 (RIP)
SP   Dazliare          IronChad             Bar     28     Kurast Docks            9
     Swamigoon         Witgat               Dru     22     Canyon o' Magi          4 (RIP)
     Swamigoon         Cuckoo               Dru     17     Halls o' Dead 2         4 (RIP)
     QueenEm           Groot                Dru     21     Lut Gholein             3
SP   CaseyJones        Turgruel             Pal     20     Act 2 Sewers            3
SP   b1ur              Lynn                 Ama     20     Lut Gholein             3

Last edited:
Groot has finished act2 in normal. Very easy I have to say. Maggot lair and Arcane sanctuary is of course tedious when you don't have any power yourself and your merc keeps getting lost but this is the game...

Duriel dropped ok, nothing I want/can wear for this tourney

Screenshot005.jpg

Now off to the jungle!!

Code:
     Babyhell          Frida                Ama     79     Lut Gholein Hell       33
     QueenEm           Groot                Dru     28     Kurast Docks            6

I'll post an update by tomorrow including the table update, I'm making a pause after some heavy D2 days.

I've post some thoughts about my incoming Hell LK hours and hours and hours and hours to come...and the true Nightmare of Act 3, i.e. lightning immunes.

Reactions: CaseyJones
Big update from me. I've progressed through to Act V NM.

Still playing on between /p7 and /p5 - but starting to get a bit slow going.

The MO is basically run-in with holy frost and convert ~30%-40% of the mobs. Then use them as meat shields while I slowly kill the rest. Holy Frost is doing ok damage, but really missing that Cold Resist Synergy. The general's tan dan li ga is really awesome for Act Bosses. Diablo barely cast any lightning hoses thanks to be slowed by both the weapon and the cold.

Act 1
Screenshot001.jpg

Shame I can't use it.

Screenshot003.jpg
My army of the dead
Screenshot004.jpg

Angelic's - also have one ring so could be useful for hell.

Screenshot006.jpg

Used the distraction to TP and get the merc back - was a fairly nasty pack.

Screenshot008.jpg

Screenshot009.jpg
Act 2
Screenshot016.jpg
Claw temple made easier when you have your own army of vipers

Screenshot019.jpg

Screenshot020.jpg

Also got a bunch of useless unique in Act 2.
Act 3
Screenshot021.jpg

Got 2, Ko's in the space of 10 minutes. Lost the screenshot of the other one though.

Screenshot026.jpg
The Angelic Ring I mentioned before

Screenshot029.jpg

Meh

Act IV
Screenshot031.jpg
Screenshot032.jpg

Up to Nihlathuk in Act V now.

Last edited:
Sorry not sure what you mean by "starting something about your main weap?"
You wrote:
The MO is basically run-in with holy frost and convert ~30%-40% of the mobs. Then use them as meat shields while I slowly kill the rest. Holy Frost is doing ok damage, but really missing that Cold Resist Synergy. The general's tan

And it seems something should come after that? About the General's Tan?

Reactions: Babyhell
Ah thanks Queen Em. Updated now - was going to say that it makes a huge difference for Act Bosses.

Ah thanks Queen Em. Updated now - was going to say that it makes a huge difference for Act Bosses.
Kinda endgame weapon for such build? Crushing blow on the merc and you're set!

Oh and btw, now that you're getting closer to Hell, just tell if you want your Hell reroll ;-) maybe you'll wait a bit until ancients?

From Lut Gholein to Lower Kurast: a lightning immune story
Well, even if she handled it, it was not an easy task to get there... even on p1. To be clear, Decoy and Leharas did almost all the killing. Act 3 had been particularly painful - throw the Decoy, check aggro, let merc handle, repeat ad nauseam. RNG had some fun again, but also rewardful, so all in all a pretty good stretch.

After some information gathering, i went to the conclusion that i would have to run LK at p3, at p1 i bet that the Countess is more interesting to give the Lem to Um runes needed for armor upgrades, and could even drop interesting bases on the way (XP as bonus), that LK couldn't deliver by any mean.

For now, let's find out some milestones of this part :)

Act 2
Difficulties were as any could imagine into the Maggot Lair levels. The whole strategy was this one:
2TfEuxSl.jpg

Hide the merc behind Decoy, waiting, throwing ice arrows to PI/LI bosses. And that worked more than once, Decoy is a good meatshield for the merc. If he accepts the fight...
Qr6r5r2l.jpg

Viper Temple was an easy task, more open space so much more relaxing. Afterwards, the second level of Palace gave this nice 4allres SC, and RNG trolled me by giving yet ANOTHER Crown of Thieves in AS...(already found one in the Pits).
x7NPbLvl.jpg

On her way to Duriel, Frida met her first Matriarcal Javelin, and a ShaelShaelAmn Hone Sundan had been used to take advantage of the Crushing Blow. Well, not sure it helped a lot in fact, maybe it was a little faster than expected... maybe i should have tried the Kelpie Snare instead. Speaking of Duriel, unfortunately, Shako wasn't one of the uniques rolled...
pWa2cw7l.jpg

Act 3 - road to LK
As i wrote in the introduction, strategy was really simple: wait for the merc to clean the mobs aggro-ed by the Decoy. And get goodies... found two ethereal Ornate plate, one with 2os, another plain which rolled 4os:
JBI0buTl.jpg

The 4os will be used for the merc - a 3os would have been a Lionheart already, or some good runewords soon, but i'll have to wait before Stoning it. The 2os could be a Prudence base, but it would be mostly for the fun of doing it, anyway i may not craft yet another Smoke, or if i drop spare Lum runes.

Then nothing worth a screenshot before LK, where i spent half an hour to check how to handle it on p7, using Decoy and TP scrolls, for about 30 runs. No noteworthy charms (a 17life sc as an upgrade vs a 13life i was using? well...) or jewel, but a Pul rune:
IEzb6Wrl.jpg

Xlahg5El.jpg

The weapon rack is a stable 2 hander, got several plain Threshers, one with 4os. But as i didn't really felt safe, and before taking the time to think about it lastly, i decided to complete the session with some Countess runs, and ended lvl 81. Meanwhile, found this unique amulet:
8r84nJ2l.jpg

I'll stick with my allres/MF one ;-)

Time for Frida to run LK for a while to get enough rocks for upgrades, so i may not make progress for a while - maybe killing the Council in order to make the runs safer.

See you on next update!

Edit: decided to push, so...

Welcome to Act 4, Frida
After a short session on /p3 to confirm i could handle it (getting an Ethereal Thresher... that rolled 1os), decided to push towards the Council. On the way, Sarina's team was disbanded thanks to the strongest door guardian i have - my Decoy, then came the Council fight.
yX7A2cWl.jpg

That was tough...well, it would, i managed to take them separately. Afterwards, decided to get the waypoint in order to avoid killing them again. Leveling there had been pretty nice, with quite some elite packs, but not that much of dolls, and somehow almost had to clear the two levels before finding the waypoint. When you are set to that point, you have to take a decision... mine was to push towards Mephisto to get my godly quest drop.

That moment you take a screenshot because you are so confident... and three seconds later, you open a portal to get your merc back!
HzHhzSjl.jpg

Haven't noticed anything? Yes, i went to fight Mephisto without any purple pot...Council (mostly) then clearing the levels made me use them all but one, filled everything with super healing pots. Would have been happy to have 1 or 2 available!

But well, he is dead, so is the Council. Izual points will make the Decoy maxed, and maybe i'll push to the forge to find out what's awaiting me there...

Code:
     Babyhell          Frida                Ama     81     Pandemonium Fortress H 39

Last edited:
Rurisk is up to Ancients now - so if I could get my Hell roles that'd be good. No massive hurry, it is extremely slow going atm.

@Jcakes If i'm right on the skills, here are your rolls:

Forever skills
2-6: Holy freeze
3-5: Charge
1-8: Meditation-> Concentration (initial reroll)
1-10 salvation-> saved from NM skills (am I right?)

Hell Skills
3-6 Vengeance
3-3 Holy bolt
1-2 Resist fire
2-6 Holy freeze -> 3-7 Blessed hammer

Could you just confirm that salvation was locked? If so you can choose between some Avenger or Hammerdin... get your lvl 17 Insight ready!

Gearing up - LK running, forge quest, Countess
Since last update, Frida's time had been mostly about LK running. After the few tries on p7 of last update, difficulty had been set down to p3, and she is currently at 300 runs on her 1 camp map (@Vang : is map rolling allowed? As it stands it is allowed to get back to previous difficulties for quest completion, not for rerunning - so i'm unsure about ruling on that point). Best founds so far are various Ko and Fal one the rune side, and while picking goodies for gold she found and kept this armor
7MDxkaUl.jpg

Alongside, Lums runes came and it was time for a new merc's Smoke armor, on a non ebugged base. Popped also an IK maul and a SoE (both unusable), and a 5os eth Thresher which ended up being an Obedience - not used yet, still using Insight, but it is now an available tool:
bmmt2hLl.jpg

Then after those 300 runs, she pushed to the Hellforge and got the RoF waypoint. The fight was tough as i completely forgot about the Decoy, so i had to vanish my purples on Leharas. Hephasto died, and before grabbing the last waypoint, it was a great forge:
LLuULvbl.jpg

Ist and perfect topaz...MF call?

She ended running Countess a bit too, as the RoF waypoint/fight with Hephasto made her drink quite some purples. Also, given my targeted runes for merc's update given available bases, maybe she is the better option (40secs per 3 LK superchests on p3 vs 3mn per Countess runs with some xp and purple pots grabbing).

Now she's really close to 82, hadn't the time to complete her level yet. Will continue a bit at Countess! Target: Pul/Um runes :) (edit: lvl 82 after two last Countess runs!)

Current LK run(e)s
Note: tracked time includes muling out and somehow rounded
Well...best rune for now on p3 is Fal, so it is the table still!
Rich (BB code):
Last runs DD/MM/YYYY: 08/06/2020
/p7 | Lem | Pul |  Um | Mal | Ist |
    |   0 |   1 |   0 |   0 |   0 |
    | Gul | Vex | Ohm |  Lo | Sur | Ber |
    |   0 |   0 |   0 |   0 |   0 |   0 |
~60secs/run
30 runs, 0:30
/p5 | Lem | Pul |  Um | Mal | Ist |
    |   0 |   0 |   0 |   0 |   0 |
?secs/run
0 runs
/p3 | Lem | Pul |  Um | Mal | Ist |
    |   0 |   0 |   0 |   0 |   0 |
~40secs/run
300 runs, 3:50

See you on next update!

Code:
     Babyhell          Frida                Ama     82     River of flame Hell    39

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High