Random Tournament 2020 Stay/Shelter-in-Place/Home Edition

As i will run a bit for gearing before Hell, i will ask you to roll my Hell skills @Vildecor. Hopefully you'll drink roll as well as last time :p

Just off work and popping open a beer in anticipation this would happen. ;) Rolls coming soon.

FOREVER SKILLS
Fend
Charged Strike
Jab -> Ice arrow (initial reroll)
Lightning Fury (locked from NM skills)

HELL SKILLS
Lightning Fury -> Power Strike
Avoid
Fend -> Decoy
Critical Strike

Tough luck on the bow skills, but you have another synergy for LF/CS and some more crowd control.

Reactions: Babyhell
Maybe i'll avoid Avoid (or is it Evade that generates the possible lock?), and Critical Strike isn't that useful for CS/LF. But none is useless.

Getting Decoy is great, additional lightning synergy good bonus, the merc will have a HUGE role in Hell vs LI! Probably a Holy Freeze one then.

Thanks ;-)

Just off work and popping open a beer in anticipation this would happen. ;) Rolls coming soon.

FOREVER SKILLS
Fend
Charged Strike
Jab -> Ice arrow (initial reroll)
Lightning Fury (locked from NM skills)

HELL SKILLS
Lightning Fury -> Power Strike
Avoid
Fend -> Decoy
Critical Strike

Tough luck on the bow skills, but you have another synergy for LF/CS and some more crowd control.

Reactions: Vildecor
I would definitely avoid avoid. Unless you want ranged attacks to have a chance to cause your LF tosses to miss everything.

Also, just checked: Fend had been rolled for me on each difficulty, never used once. #FunFact
I really wish you could have dodged Fend this time or maybe fended if off! But sometimes there is no evading your fate! At least make sure to avoid avoid as @Vildecor said! It is really annoying.

But LF + CS + PS as a synergy and Decoy for distraction is great! The only thing now is your damage types. Ice Arrow probably doesn't do enough damage in Hell, so I'd rely on a Act II HF merc for Cold and physical damage for those LI/PI monsters.

Good luck!

Forever Skills:
Dragon Claw -> Fire Blast
Phoenix Strike
Death Sentry
Lightning Sentry (locked in from Normal Difficulty Skills)

Normal Difficulty Skills:
Lightning Sentry
Dragon Flight
Shadow Warrior
Charged Bolt Sentry
Dragon Talon

Armor:
Light Armor
Great Helm
Small Shield
Gauntlets
Heavy Boots
Light Belt

Weapons:
Katar
Cestus
Kris

Out into Act 4, Silika hasn't seen any real gear upgrades for a while, but she did find a Sol which will help with a future Insight. She found Izual shortly after that and spent some time enjoying the scenery while LS whittled him down.

Still very easy going for her (no surprise), so soon she was through to Hephasto and then the Forge, which produced a Thul. She took the CS a bit slow, even though she's still super powerful. I'm very wary of getting too hurried and launching her forwards to her death due to the ease with which she kills. Soon enough it was cleared, as were Vizier, De Seis, and Infector. I was a little bit worried for the Diablo fight, so I popped it down to /p3 and went for it. Diablo fried the merc and shadow instantly, but Silika opted to hang around and play run-and-gun with him

30du1D2.jpg

She used up all the pots she brought along, but it worked! Diablo left an extremely colourful drop of all unusable base types. I decided to ID the boots anyways just to see what I got and.. I wish I didn't.

JQ9Jscq.jpg

Those are pretty nice for this stage of the game, but hopefully Malah can find someone who rolled the right base type to sell them to. Oh well! Here's how Silika stands with her randomly-rolled stats so far:

AkQ8gII.jpg

Well, RNG has dictated that energy caught up with dex, that's a shame. Luckily though STR and VIT are still managing conitnual increases, so thats great.

Silika, the Trapsin - lvl 32, Harrogath

Could someone please roll up her NM skills for me? Her forever skills are in the spoiler at the top of the post. Thanks!

--

Code:
     Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Last Waypoint          Points
     ----------------- -------------------- ------- ------ ---------------------- -------
     Vang              Bludgeon             Pal     76     Black Marsh H          31 (RIP)
     Babyhell          Frida                Ama     73     Rogue Encampment Hell  30
SP   Grisu             Pynache              Ama     53     NM Lut Gholein         18
SP   DariusTriplet     Vegas                Pal     41     Rogue Encampment NM    15
     Vang              Shiv                 Asa     46     NM Rogue Camp          15
SP   Jcakes            Rurisk               Pal     48     Rogue Encampment NM    15
SP   Jcakes            Nightshade           Asa     47     Rogue Encampment NM    15 (RIP)
     Vang              Shockingly           Sor     35     Highlands              13 (RIP)
SP   Vildecor          Daphydae             Ama     35     Harrogath              12
SP   Pb_pal            Silika               Asa     32     Harrogath              12
     QueenEm           RandomQueen          Sorc    31     Pandemonium Fortress   10 (RIP)
SP   Dazliare          IronChad             Bar     28     Kurast Docks            9
     Swamigoon         Niminy               Bar     21     Canyon o' Magi          3
     Swamigoon         Witgat               Dru     22     Canyon o' Magi          4 (RIP)
     Swamigoon         Cuckoo               Dru     17     Halls o' Dead 2         4 (RIP)
     QueenEm           Groot                Dru     21     Lut Gholein             3
SP   CaseyJones        Turgruel             Pal     20     Act 2 Sewers            3
SP   b1ur              Lynn                 Ama     20     Lut Gholein             3

@Pb_pal on it!

Forever Skills:
Dragon Claw -> Fire Blast
Phoenix Strike
Death Sentry
Lightning Sentry (locked in from Normal Difficulty Skills)

Nightmare skills:
3-6 Blade fury
3-5 Wake of fire
1-7 Dragon tail
2-9 Venom

Well...couldn't be as good as your Normal roll anyway! GL on your fully random SP assassin!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pb_pal
Since this is my first druid; I a not sure what to expect.

Forever skills:
Tornado
Fissure
Heart of the wolverine

Normal skills
Armageddon
Twister
Raven
Grizzly Bear
Dire wolf

Now, I am lvl 24 and have just tried out Tornado. Up until now I have only used summoning and that has been fairly easy. I tried Twister when I got that but how on earth am I suppose to kill anything with tornado??? How do I use it? It seems it andomly blows around and does very little damage. (yes only at first level I now, but still...)
Should I try to lock one of my summons and hope for another summon skill in NM?

Any druid lovers out there?

@queenEm in my opinion summons are not strong enough to hold to Hell and beyond. My bet would be on Tornado or Fissure, but it will require synergies, that hopefully would come on NM rolls (Cyclone armor/Hurricane). That's just about the skill lock.

For Tornado and it's usability, it's a tough try without Insight...I'd start to use it in NM, especially with hurricane, and stick to summons in Normal (you got the best tools for that - HoW, Dire and grizzly). I must admit that my only elemental windy druid is neither random not untwinked, and clvl 39... maybe @Pb_pal has more to offer in terms of experience.

GL on that Normal completion!

Reactions: Pb_pal
I can try and offer some insight here, sure.

My suggestion: Lock Grizzly.

Grizzly is such an amazing re-castable tank that it's extremely valuable to HC druids. Anything to take that much heat away from you and merc is great. He's also perfectly serviceable with just a single point, so the synergies are not even necessary for him, which means you're not gambling on your NM/Hell rolls. With more points he can actually do good damage too, especially once coupled with your HotW roll. Add in an Act2 merc (aura of your choosing) and you've got yourself a very solid front line which can deal good physical damage while keeping your druid out of the action.

Going through Hell with bad rolls for your other skills and WITHOUT a Grizzly would likely be very difficult, I'd way rather take a gamble on a synergy rather than a big difference maker like Grizzly.

I'm not a huge fan of Tornado, and since you'll already have physical damage coming from merc/Grizzly in better numbers, I wouldn't bother investing there. So for your druid I would focus on Fissure and just hope you roll a synergy or two for NM and Hell. If you don't roll a synergy that's alright, you'll just be taking more of a backseat and be on 're-cast Grizzly where needed' duties.

--

As for your progression (some of this you can disregard since you're already underway) my suggestion if you were to be starting at lvl 1 would be to max Fissure ASAP, and then put points into Grizzly for the remainder (once you hit 30 you should put 1 in there regardless). Points to HotW and Dire Wolves as you need them to buff your shortcomings, and that should get you through Normal pretty well.

Now, since you're already underway and have been focusing on summons anyways, that's a very viable path to go for Normal as well, so you can just keep on going that route with no issues. A synergized Grizzly in Normal with HotW to compliment it should be pretty indestructible. Just keep some mana pots handy so you don't get caught unable to re-summon.

Good Luck!

Personally I'd max dire wolf and grizly for normal with 1pt How. Direwolves are great for most monsters cos you get 3 of them. Grizzly better for bosses.

I'd second locking Grizzly.

Tornado does good damage when fully synergies, but it is an awkward skill to aim. You get the hang of it with time, but it's predominantly a melee range caster.

Reactions: Babyhell
Shiv has withdrawn from the tournament due to violation (on purpose) of a S&E to avoid deeds.

Screenshot056.jpg

Really dumb of me to get in that predicament. But I'm excited to have her alive because I found this:

Bonesnap
Maul
Two-Hand Damage: 177 to 252
Durability: 31 of 31
Required Strength: 59
Required Level: 24
Mace Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0x27cb842c
+294% Enhanced Damage
Fire Resist +30%
Cold Resist +30%
200% Damage to Undead
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

Looks like necromancers are not well represented in this tournament, so I'll take one with Wands x2 and a sword. Someone roll me up when they get a chance.

Literally I'll either guardian one or die trying, literally and figurately I imagine.

I'll get you rolled up.

FOREVER SKILLS
Amplify Damage
Poison Explosion -> Bone Spear (initial reroll)
Raise Skeleton

NORMAL SKILLS
Fire Golem
Bone Wall
Revive
Poison Explosion -> Bone Armor
Poison Dagger -> Corpse Explosion

ARMOR
Full Helm -> Helm
Heavy Armor
Buckler
Zombie Head
Gauntlets
Chain Boots
Sash

WEAPONS
Yew Wand
Bone Wand
Sabre -> War Sword

Rerolls?

Last edited:
@Vildecor Poison Dagger would be an auto-reroll. (I'll wait for that before I decide on a a forever reroll and/or a lock)

Other than that, reroll Helm and Sabre please.

@Vildecor Poison Dagger would be an auto-reroll. (I'll wait for that before I decide on a a forever reroll and/or a lock)

Other than that, reroll Helm and Sabre please.

Yeah, I was wondering if that would be an auto-reroll.

Poison Dagger -> Corpse Explosion (!)
Full Helm -> Helm
Sabre -> War Sword

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High