Poll: Why don't you try PvP?

Why don't you PvP?

• Total voters
A combination of NA time zone, playing D2R, and MP speedrunning.

PVPed on Bnet a long time ago, first in HLD, then LLD and even some MLD. Mostly 1v1 format, wasn't great at it but it was fun. Assembling the gear and characters (especially pre-respec era) was also a large part of the experience and a big 'end game' of D2. Don't have much interest in dueling these days, but maybe the changes in patch 2.4 and beyond could interest me..

@Nano I guess in the end it's a matter of limited gaming time as well, and how you choose to spend it considering other D2 projects and goals. Still would be awesome if you should ever decide to join for some casual games. You're an experienced player and have a bunch of items and characters in D2L SP, pretty much ideal conditions to have some fun. :)

When it comes to time zones, if I'm not mistaken we had sessions with people playing from Europe, US and Australia at the same time. European weekend evenings seem to kinda work nicely. Ping is not ideal for everyone, but for most it seemed to be playable at least as people keep returning.

Actually I did try PvP once. IIRC it was frozzzen and his Wolfie (I think), nulio (cant remember what he was playing), Pyro's (I think? or maybe Nagisa, IDK) energy shield sork, a frozen arrow/multi Zon from someone, and me with my PvM Auradin H4x0r_RayPatean. It was my first ever PvP arena so I literally had no idea WTF I was doing, but still managed to collect one or two ears (by accident) as opponents would walk thru my Holy Fire/Holy Shock radius prior to casting Call to Arms. Ahh, good times!!!! :ROFLMAO:

Sadly tho, I became fairly sloppy with my D2 management shortly after HRP made Patriarch, so He - along with the vast majority of my post 1.11 D2 .d2s and .d2x wealth - has been forever lost to the squid. 😟 But I still have my 1.09d and 1.10s Sorcys, so Im slowly trying to get back on my feet if I can ever figure out Windows 10 D2. I can run a single instance of 1.09d in window mode, but still cant get another to open, so rushing (and therefore 1.10s) may be lost forever as well. I may want to join a PvP game again sometime, if for no other reason than the lulz, but right now I just dont have a character for it.

Reactions: snickersnack
For me it's a combination of not being a good enough player but also to technically get the whole thing going. Would be more interested in multiplayer, but just never get around to it...

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High