OT: What are you listening to right now

Re: OT: What are you listening to right now

@marreek: I think you're listenting to the wrong Cale version. Find the solo piano one. That's the ticket. For sure. The one with the strings bites like no other. But . . . thanks for all the links, for sure! I'll have to check so of them out.

I'm currently listening to the cars go by outside and the Landlord stomp around upstairs. Trying to decide between listening to the tele and listening to some EST and listening to some YouTube renditions of Hallelujah. Yep.

That was one of the "several ... different performances" I listened to from Cale (I think I ended up going through about a half dozen from him alone; actually liked the one I linked the best because of the other performers). That performance you linked I particularly don't care for because a piano can't really carry this song and his voice certainly doesn't do so either, for me. I just still get this weird ghost of Jim Morrison feeling from his voice that bothers me.

In my opinion, the strings serve to fill out the performance in a way none of the other Cale performances can match.

Of Cale performing with just the piano, I would prefer this version. I still like the string version better, but just because, as I said, his voice bugs me. Technically, this was very strong and I can easily see people really enjoying it. I'd place the execution a few levels higher than in the one you linked, mostly because the pacing is more even here and the vocals convey much more emotion - they're so much more robust.

This one also outstrips the one you posted, in my opinion. Both bring deep emotion to the song which I don't get from the one you linked.

Cale's definitely talented, and he does a damn good "Hallelujah," at least at times (which is really all you can expect) but I don't like his voice. Remember: my choices, my rules. Logic turned away at the door, and all that. Always happy for someone to point out a version I may not have heard, though, so thanks for the heads up!

Lady in Red - Chris De Burgh.

Part of an 80's Movies collection. Absolute quality :D

The Cure - A letter to Elise

Bittersweet song for me but mostly Dream Theatre

The Cure - A letter to Elise

Bittersweet song for me but mostly Dream Theatre

Dream Theater <3
Can't wait for their concert in September, not to mention the new album which will be released on my birthday!

As for my NowPlaying, it's a melodic death metal band from Sweden called Scar Symmetry with the song Quantumleaper from their latest album Holographic Universe. Amazing lead singer, just pure awesome. :thumbsup:

Pretty much the entire back-catalog of Haujobb.

I find it good music to work to (I'm a dba/sysadmin).

The sound of my Velociraptor seeking. Techies will know of what I speak. The hdd suppression cage should here by tuesday. Much quieter then.

Also listening to my two Powderfinger albums, which I haven't heard in ages. Forgot how brilliant they are/were.

Armin van Buuren - A State of Trance Episode 354

Fine young cannibals - she drives me crazy :crazyeyes: good stuff

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High