[OT]Dueling game test

Again with the misreading! 2-7 of each is just crazy, as that gives 6-21 (2-5 is still 6-15) stats and each vote is worth at most 5. I would say armor should probably not be worth more than 2 good votes, so make it top out at 10 total 1-3 of each, or maybe 4-10 randomly distributed stats.

When I came up with the initial numbers, I didn't think too much about the armour. It was 3 am when I came up with idea.

I am inclined to accept your suggestion for 1-3 as it does sound more balanced.

It is actually pretty balanced between the three stats I think. What happens if the two sides are not physically capable of killing each other off (seems unlikely, but theoretically)?

If none can deal damage to each other, I will add 10 Attack to the person attacking. Whoever wins the Initiative draw, inflicts 10 damage automatically.

That's why my friends call me bad azh

Bet you wish they called you Bad Azz.

Also, people are being skittish, so bravery/stupidity/testing system:

For your amazing claim in the zombie game, I want to see you get the first armor, so I lend you my speed.

Vote: Jcakes

hmmm not sure I wanted to be first :p

Alright

Kestegs, Gwaihir, Cakes, Goryani

Want to take down the big bad beasts? Cakes could be our first duelist since we can't change votes.

The alliance of doom can be a real David Vs. Goliath thing here. One big named person is still welcome for an alliance of six.

/In lets take em down

This is a game of numbers and odds. With the team of 4 I just suggested (Korial, Gory, Numbers, Myself) we can easily get rid of the weaker competition. And by taking 4 days for all of them to be defeated, each of us can have a turn fighting to gain some gear.

Goryani would you prefer to be the weakest in an army of four or the strongest in an army of 5? Once it gets down to the 4 of them, you will be taken out first.

Buh–ring it.

It is on like donkey kong.

Actually, once we all have a victory under our belts, the numbers will change drastically. Randomization does that. We can't really accurately predict which of us would be strongest at that point.

When was the first phase ending again? I have to go out shopping and such at some point, so want to make sure I'll be around.

Vote: Korialstraz

I won't be around for day end, assuming that it is in 5 hours, because sleep.

I'm making a few changes to the rules:

1. Day ends in 5 hours and 47 minutes
2. Armour gives 1-3 in each stat
3. Every player starts with 1 / 1 / 1 as their base stats

Vote: Jcakes

Lets get me some armor

I get the impression that this is like, a medieval tournament, jousting, sword/melee combat, etc. So, you might be able to impose a rule (maybe now, maybe in future editions) of the Peanut Gallery!

For each *cheer* a duelist gets from someone outside of the 8 registered duelists, maybe they get a random bump in stats for that fight? Maybe something like 1 cheer = +1 random stat for that day's fight? Or maybe for every 3 cheers = +2 All, or +5 all, or something like that? Could possible encourage victory for the daily underdog, encourage general trash talking and shenanigans, and otherwise ruin what could be a pretty fun game with silly out-of-thread forum alliances. Just my $.02, not that you asked for it, and not that I'm even involved in any way...

Edit:
I mean really, how could would it be if 30 people came in here and cheered Jcakes on to victory against The Black Knight, Sir IHaveTooManyGoshDarnLettersInMyNameSoIAutomaticallyWin?

Edit2:
Oh, sorry. I'll stay out of your thread then...

I do appreciate the suggestion logoutzero, and we will have a chat about mechanics once this game ends.

Meanwhile, I would like to ask you to refrain from posting. You are more than welcome to read along though until it ends.

Phase has ended. I will calculate and give out the result shortly.

I'll also like to put this up for debate. Would it be better to have votes sent in via PM to me? This would allow the phases to end much faster and folks won't have to wait for the end of the phase to vote.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High