[OT]Dueling game test

ThunderCat

May 23, 2008
I'd like to run a little test with a mini game to help with my future mafia game.

Mechanics:
1. Setup
a. 24 hour phases. Each player votes for another player to duel at the end of the phase (no unvotes / revotes).
b. Two players with most votes duel at the end of the phase. In the event of a tie, I will chose one randomly
c. Last man standing wins
d. Game begins when we have 8 players, or Monday evening (22:00 GMT)
e. Day phase might end after everyone has cast their votes and I'm available to calculate the duel
f. Communication outside of the thread is allowed

2. Stats
a. Attack. The amount of damage inflicted after Defense is subtracted
b. Defense. The amount of damage negated
c. Initiative. Each point in Initiative increases your chances of attacking
d. Health. Every player starts with 100 HP at the start of each duel
e. For each vowel in the name of the person voting for you, you receive 1 stat as follows:
A,E = Attack
O,U = Defense
I = Initiative
f. No more than 5 stats per voter can be gained (first 5 vowels count)

3. Combat
a. The Initiative points will be randomized, and if one of your points wins, you attack
b. Upon a successful attack, you inflict damage to opponents HP (Damage = Attack - Defense)
c. Initiatives are randomized again and a new attacking round begins
d. Player who looses their HP first, dies
e. Winner receives a piece of armour with stats ranging from 1 to 3 for each stat
f. A new phase begins

Gladiators / Stats:
NameADI
1. Jcakes234
2. Goryani332
3. Bad Ash663

[TR]
[TR]

Last edited:
sure why not?

I just rewrote the mechanics.

Keep in mind this is a test, so don't expect things to be balanced. I might change things as we go.

I'd like to run a little test with a mini game to help with my future mafia game.

Mechanics:
1. Setup
a. 24 hour phases. Each player votes for another player to duel at the end of the phase (no unvotes / revotes).
b. Two players with most votes duel at the end of the phase. In the event of a tie, I will chose one randomly
c. Last man standing wins
d. Game begins when we have 8 players, or Monday evening (22:00 GMT)
e. Day phase might end after everyone has cast their votes and I'm available to calculate the duel

2. Stats
a. Attack. The amount of damage inflicted after Defense is subtracted
b. Defense. The amount of damage negated
c. Initiative. Each point in Initiative increases your chances of attacking
d. Health. Every player starts with 100 HP at the start of each duel
e. For each vowel in the name of the person voting for you, you receive 1 stat as follows:
A,E = Attack
O,U = Defense
I = Initiative

3. Combat
a. The Initiative points will be randomized, and if one if your points wins, you attack
b. Upon a successful attack, you inflict damage to opponents HP (Damage = Attack - Defense)
c. Initiatives are randomized again and a new attacking round begins
d. Player who looses their HP first, dies
e. Winner receives a piece of armour with stats ranging from 2 to 7 for each stat
f. A new phase begins

Gladiators:
1. BipolarChemist
2. kestegs <3
3. Jcakes
4. Goryani
5. Bad Ash

Ok, this is absolutely bizzare, but I want in.

This seems fun. I'm in! :D

Also now I regret not going with a longer name. Like the old one I tried to use: Angry Norwegian Anchovies :p

Kudos to those who catch the reference.

I'm down. I think 'y' should count as a vowel...:p I feel like a beast in this game! :D
5 attack,3 defense, 2 initiative, here I come! :D

You're lucky I'm not using my native alphabet. That one has an extra 2 vowels.

This seems fun. I'm in! :D

Also now I regret not going with a longer name. Like the old one I tried to use: Angry Norwegian Anchovies :p

Kudos to those who catch the reference.

We don't have any Germans around, do we? They tend to have quite long nicknames filled with vowels.

Anyway, we have 8 players now, I'll start the game in about 2 hours and 43 minutes.

"The arena is set, we gladiators have been unleashed and the crowd has purchased their pop corn. Let the dueling begin"

Well, this works very oddly. It seems that having both a weak name and a strong name have their advantages. The winner gets armor - does everyone learn the stats on the armor? Can people get more than one type of armor?

This is what I get for not reasing the rules quite carefully enough the first time.

All stats will be public. You gain one piece of armour for every win.

I'll leave you guys to talk about possibilities and strategies and I will answer any questions as soon as I can.

I realize it's slightly short notice and the phases are slightly short, but as I mentioned, it's more of a test. Either to help with a future game I'm planning or a new game in itself.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High