One, Two, Buckle my Shoe - Item Find Thread - Mar 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have covid so I've been at home and pretty much unable to do anything. I've been watching movies with my wife who also has covid, we've been laid up for a week. I been pretty sick, I'm vaccinated but you know, sometimes it still happens I guess.

At any rate, I can't really do a whole lot and I have been OBSESSED with shopping a good claw. I can shop while sick, it's mindless doesn't take a lot of effort. After I shopped those first two +5 ls claws after just a small amount of trying, I figured why not try some more? I might not hit +6, but averaging a +5 every 4 hours or so isn't so bad. There's something so addicting about opening the shop and mousing over a greater talon and praying, like every screen could be the one!

I have also been obsessed with the idea of the uncapped IAS in D2R. All these streamers are coming out with videos with insane attack speed builds, but they're all USELESS. Straight up sacrificing damage and clear speed just to attack faster.. it isn't making an improvement on any build. Since I saw the crazy trap laying speed on mrllama's original video, I was curious about the assassin and the practical application for trap laying. I had done some goofing around with amazon (I'm still searching for a +3 matriachal bow to make another faith in to test that jazz out), and I goofed around with my zealer (uncapped ias is boss on him, but zealer isn't a crazy OP clearer compared to some others).

Assassin is a great candidate for straight up being better with relatively small changes, but the thing is you need the claw. Hence the shopping. Here's the results after an unhealthy amount of time:

lessgoodtalon.png

goodtalon.png

I wasn't planning on getting a +5 as good as that second one, but there it is. I hit a couple other +5's but ended up not getting 2 sockets on them, luckily on this one I did.

This talon is SO GOOD because I can hit 6 fpa trap laying with just this item alone. Crazy right? With level 17 burst of speed (which I hit with only 1 hard point into BoS), I hit the new 6 fpa breakpoint exactly. 9 is the fastest you can reach in legacy, so it's quite a bit faster!! ISTs in the offhand claw because I don't have any good resist jewels at the moment it turns out, and because I'm mfing on this character.

This is a really fun character to goof around with, my resists are hovering around 0 in hell unfortunately, but I haven't had any close calls since my claw block is high and after lvl26 battle orders from beta cta and being able to stay away while my shadow warrior/merc do their thing. My teleport is kinda slowish but it's whatever. I'm not bothering to weapon swap to offhand to get that one extra fcr frame from the spirit, I'm just porting kinda slowly, it's still faster than my zon so whatever. I've been running pits but I've also been doing the online thing where you just do every mf target like pindle/shenk/eldritch/andy/meph/trav etc because it's fun.

@NorthDakota did you shop them in legacy?

how much time went into this :O
yes in legacy sorry, on this assassin. When I first started looking with mild interest, I looked in D2R and noticed that shopping sucked (you can't re-enter the portal quickly, there's like a 2 second lockout for some reason). So I booted up this guy who I hadn't transferred yet (I've been transferring over characters as I want to play them). That's when I originally shopped those runic talons and started digging deeper into what I needed to do, what could be accomplished, planning the build breakpoints etc. I hit the ist talons after maybe 10 hours? it was the first day of shopping we were watching studio ghibli movies (amazing). the 40 ias talons were after maybe 50 hours. So a pretty long week of going in and out of a portal, but like I said I've been pretty sick and at least I could do this. I used that method where you have your dex at like 56 then you only check red claws that you don't meet the requirements for since those are the ones that can spawn staff mods and my loads going in and out of the portal are instant so it's quite fast checking. I dream of claws at night time now. my wife thinks I'm crazy, she doesn't understand

Last edited:
@NorthDakota I'm sure your toon understands it ;)
Yeah definitely I mean it's cool to play something different. tbh there's not a lot of things I actually need if I want to try out builds, claws were one of them. I was running around with the flail hoto and spirit laying traps before on this guy and always just thought "that's enough for me" since shopping claws always seemed so stomach turning to me. Once I actually started doing it it was really addicting because I wanted that greater talon, I didn't want to have to waste stat points to get that runic talon rolling and why settle if +5 pops up at a decent pace (depending on what your view of decent is o_O) plus it's not like I have a lot to work on in the game, might as well start working on those edge cases and get some enjoyment out of this IAS thing while it lasts if it lasts.

The assassin super appreciates it, it's super nice to lay traps that fast (I should make a video for yall) makes going from pack to pack just so much faster in the pits. Plus I get the extra 60% mf which puts this assassin at a staggering 383mf with almost no mf charms, and level 49!! lightning trap!

Reactions: Zyr
I started a new sorc (will probably be meteorb), and I kept an eye out for War Scepters. After finding a few plains ones with a low ilvl, I finally got one with ilvl=34. I knew it was a 1/6 chance to get 4os, but here we are:

rift1.png
The stat roll is okay, 7/10. I think I'll take a break on my fire sorc and level up my kicker a bit.

Reactions: NorthDakota and Zyr

wrong thread, but I'm lazy to upload again :p

look also at the +5 fissure pelt beneath :)

So it begins..
That's only one stash! :p
jesus.. how... how many stashes you got full of keys? you farming keys on a sorcy? how you like grinding out keys so far? fun new activity or hellish grindy boring? What's your least favorite key to farm? Mines summoner because at countess you get runes and at nihlathak you get exp at least.. summoner you get nothing just keys MAYBE. nihlathak is pretty buttclinch sometimes but at least you're making progress on multiple fronts compared with summoner where you're literally there for just keys.

jesus.. how... how many stashes you got full of keys? you farming keys on a sorcy? how you like grinding out keys so far? fun new activity or hellish grindy boring? What's your least favorite key to farm? Mines summoner because at countess you get runes and at nihlathak you get exp at least.. summoner you get nothing just keys MAYBE. nihlathak is pretty buttclinch sometimes but at least you're making progress on multiple fronts compared with summoner where you're literally there for just keys.
So @Excalibur is also a @d2lover farmer from time to time :p

• Haha
Reactions: snickersnack
I have covid so I've been at home and pretty much unable to do anything. I've been watching movies with my wife who also has covid, we've been laid up for a week. I been pretty sick, I'm vaccinated but you know, sometimes it still happens I guess.
All speed to both of you. :giggle:

was edumacating my one son about d2r and builds and was explaining about how enigma is probably the #1 target for the new player and how it forms the basis of many builds ... as I was talking about it I was running Hell Pit players 3 runs with my fishy and boom! from a pack of monsters pops a Jah rune ... I was so in shock that I didn't screenshot it, I just yelled out "yaaaaahhhhh!" grabbed it and made sure it was in my stash and just saved the game.

Now, just the ber remains. I think I have a few iths laying around lol.

*edit*

was talking to same son today about whatever ... and bam! a freak Cham rune drops ... what the heck? This kid is good luck ...
Screenshot001.png

Last edited:
jesus.. how... how many stashes you got full of keys?
I think I refilled the 3 shared stashes twice so it must have been a total of 6 stashes full of keys. Since you have to use a mule character to transfer the items, I had to do the procedure multiple times. I have farmed for 270 keys and a D2 character without a cube could hold somewhere close to 50.
you farming keys on a sorcy? how you like grinding out keys so far? fun new activity or hellish grindy boring?
Yes, I farmed with a lighting Sorcy Summoner and Countess. Sometimes for Summoner with a Fire Sorcy too. For Nihaltak I used my Hammerdin but most of the Nihaltak's Keys (82/90) were found by d2lover and I traded for them.

For me it was extremely extremely boring. I started with Summoner since he was quite the fastest and easiest and in just two days I managed to gather 90 Keys. As you said, I didn't find anything else in farming Summoner but Keys. But I was perfectly fine with it since Keys were all I wanted. That's why I hated Countess. Too many levels to reach her which cut your teleport speed and she doesn't drop the Keys that often. Sometimes it took me half an hour for a single key. It was so boring and tiring and took me close to a week to gather 90 Keys of Terror. Had d2lover not found the Keys of Destruction so quickly at that point I may had given up.

I hope I can get some good torches since I am planning to trade the best of them.

I farmed nihlathak with a hammerdin. It is not fun. I have to switch to redemption all the time or i get rekt by ce. so killing him takes alot of time.
Natures peace can solve this tho.

Few of my better finds from the past week or so, just been farming a bit of everything lately. Found my first facet in D2R yesterday, have the full BK set now, and a crappy rolled Marrowwalk. Also found a Andriel's Visage which i ral'ed and threw on the merc right away. Cant complain, nothing crazy but will take it.

DUUoJRi.png

E8niwQe.png

BI1z7bu.png

SXJzTx8.png

Code:
Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x34d63724
Item Level: 85
Version: Resurrected
100% Chance to cast level 41 Nova when you Level-Up
Adds 1 - 74 Lightning Damage
-4% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+4% to Lightning Skill Damage

Bul-Kathos' Tribal Guardian
Mythical Sword
One Hand Damage: 120 - 150
Durability: 39 of 44
Required Level: 66
Required Strength: 147
Required Dexterity: 124
Fingerprint: 0x36a46ced
Item Level: 87
+20% Increased Attack Speed
200% Enhanced Damage
Adds 50 Poison Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
+20 to Strength
Fire Resist +50%

Marrowwalk
Boneweave Boots
Defense: 200
Durability: 9 of 16
Required Level: 66
Required Strength: 118
Fingerprint: 0xaa94a4c3
Item Level: 87
+20% Faster Run/Walk
+1 to Skeleton Mastery (Necromancer Only)
+195% Enhanced Defense
+12 to Strength
+17 to Dexterity
Regenerate Mana 10%
Heal Stamina Plus 10%
Half Freeze Duration
Level 33 Bone Prison (2/13 Charges)
Level 12 Life Tap (2/10 Charges)

Andariel's Visage
Demonhead
Defense: 385
Durability: 19 of 20