Trud09

May 21, 2018
Hi Everyone.

I played D2 as a teen and was never very good. I have gotten back into it in the past few weeks and was led here by a ton of Google searches.

I recently beat the game and then used a mod to beat the ubers. I plan to restart with a clean character and follow the rules here.

Not too sure if I have any goals at this point. Maybe beat the game with all chars? I might time travel and try and get perfect items?

I have mostly only played Meterorb sorc and Summoner Necro.

I do have to thank Mr Llama for getting me back into the game. Is he here or how does the forum view his speed running?

Look forward to interacting with you all in the future.

Welcome trud. I think all the Diablo 2 vids on Youtube are having a positive impact on bringing people into the forums. I see you beat the Ubers and then deleted and started anew. Good on you. Check out any of the tournaments (eg the untwinked 99er and so forth.) There are some forum accepted mods you can install such as RWM (allows all runewords in single player), GoMule (a muling app for storing and transferring items between chars) The details of FAMs are stickied on page 1 of the SPF. Anyways, welcome again and enjoy your stay. GG and GL.

Welcome to the SPF :). Nice of you to post an introduction, and clever to join us and just start anew without that mod. May I suggest joining the untwinked 99er tournament? It's too much fun no too :).

I'll let the shin kicking and wallet stealing to the more experienced forum members here ;).

Maybe beat the game with all chars? I might time travel and try and get perfect items?

beat the game with all chars sounds like a great goal to me. you'll still have to decide on patch and all that, though.
as for the second goal of perfect items, well, be prepared to lose 2000+ hours i guess :D

Thank you all for the welcomes.

Welcome @Trud09!

@DaveW ...I misread this at first and did a double take. Thought you were insulting the guy :confused:

This happens a lot :D

I decided to try the weekend warrior tourney and may transition into the 99 untwinked challenge after.

I started my timer at 10 pm est Monday so that means I have until 4 am to finish leveling.

I am sitting at level 59 now. I found a magefist at norm baal is the only notable item so far. I am having fun though racing. I do enjoy speed running and will probably try weekend warrior again after a little break.

Should I turn this into a progress thread or post on each tourneys page?

Welcome to the SPF muhahahahahaha

Welcome and enjoy your time!

Also good job with the weekend warrior, just read about that.

as for the second goal of perfect items, well, be prepared to lose 2000+ hours i guess :D
Oh boy. Just for a dose of numbers, I'm at about 1800 hours played and haven't even finished the self-found grail yet (only missing 3 items, to be fair, but still.) I've spent a decent amount of time not hunting items, but even then the odds of finding items are so poor that even 2000 hours, as much time as that is to spend on a game, wouldn't come close to putting a significant dent in finding perfect versions of each item. Still an interesting goal, just not one to ever actually expect to complete...which is kind of the point for deciding to do it.

...Also, hi Trud! Hope you enjoy your stay here and, as far as I know, Mrllama has visited the forums, some number of speedrunners/Youtubers were led here by members, but I don't think any of them post. I'll give you the advice I try to give everyone: play the game, have fun, and let playing the game and having fun direct you to what you want to do. I enjoy running AT and making weird characters, so I've done that alot; others enjoy tournament characters or truly odd, strange things like playing Paladins. Read up on things, get some ideas of things that sound cool and give 'em a shot.

Welcome and enjoy your time!

Also good job with the weekend warrior, just read about that.

Thank you, I did enjoy my time. I will probably run it again soon and try to take down the 88. That is a pretty good score for the format.

Oh boy. Just for a dose of numbers, I'm at about 1800 hours played and haven't even finished the self-found grail yet (only missing 3 items, to be fair, but still.) I've spent a decent amount of time not hunting items, but even then the odds of finding items are so poor that even 2000 hours, as much time as that is to spend on a game, wouldn't come close to putting a significant dent in finding perfect versions of each item. Still an interesting goal, just not one to ever actually expect to complete...which is kind of the point for deciding to do it.

...Also, hi Trud! Hope you enjoy your stay here and, as far as I know, Mrllama has visited the forums, some number of speedrunners/Youtubers were led here by members, but I don't think any of them post. I'll give you the advice I try to give everyone: play the game, have fun, and let playing the game and having fun direct you to what you want to do. I enjoy running AT and making weird characters, so I've done that alot; others enjoy tournament characters or truly odd, strange things like playing Paladins. Read up on things, get some ideas of things that sound cool and give 'em a shot.

Thank you for your advice.

As I have thought about it more I realize I like racing against the clock so I will do some speed running. The weekend warrior tourney was fun and I may do try and invent something similar.

I also may try to do 99 untwinked, but I know that is a fairly large commitment. Just leveling my character from the weekend warrior but I may stop that and try something else.

Welcome!

The tournaments are typically used to make D2 more difficult for those who enjoy a challenge. Sounds like just your cup of tea!

Welcome @Trud09 and enjoy your stay!
I’ve also been sucked into watching his speed running from time to time. I actually learned a few things I didn’t know about the game that way, just like here at the forum reading all the wonderful posts from great D2 players. It’s amazing how much fun this old classic game has brought me while joining in on all the crazy tournaments here at the forum.

Welcome!

I watch MrLamma and quite enjoy his speed running and commentary, and I'm a bit envious of the [unnamed mod] he uses, though GoMule is plenty good enough for me. I've learned a good bit from his running, but could also tell him a few things, largely thanks to reading around here.

I come and go with D2, and am currently having some limited fun with it as time allows. Mostly it's watching videos and lurking the forums... Oh well.

As no one has yet kicked your shins...

*kicks shins*

You're welcome.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High