Re: Muling & Reporting: The ATMA/GoMule/Flavie Thread

I'm staill awaiting an eth checkbox on GoMule. :grin:

I've got a minor problem with GoMule.

1. I double-clicked All
2. Created a new stash
3. Dropped all items onto the new stash
4. Quit GoMule

Went to play and noticed that all of my chars are naked.
This wasn't what I intended. :tongue:

How do I get all the items from my stash back onto all of my chars in one fell swoop?

You can't, I thought you understood what was going on in principle >.<

someoneNew said:
can I load all items on a character onto the clipboard in one fell swoop?

@ Thyiad and the rest of you filter haters -

I'm pondering on the best way to put more filters on there. It's getting pretty crowded already, i'm sure you can see that :p

Our job is to demand improvements. Your job is to implement them. I'm sure you can see that.

While I'm whining .... My charms are a disaster. I need to be able to identify certain mods such as xxx resists, life, mana, fcr etc. Need that for rings/ammys too. Snap to it. :tongue:

Our job is to demand improvements. Your job is to implement them. I'm sure you can see that.

While I'm whining .... My charms are a disaster. I need to be able to identify certain mods such as xxx resists, life, mana, fcr etc. Need that for rings/ammys too. Snap to it. :tongue:

Don't make me use the invisible typewriter.

Oh yes - We want to be able to sort by suffix!

Oh yes - We want to be able to sort by suffix!

And prefix. Actually rares are a pain. I'm sure I have good yellow jewels/rings/ammys so it would be handy to search for "ED/FCR" etc in the stats not the name.

:grin::flowers:

You can't, I thought you understood what was going on in principle >.<

The principle we discussed was that a stash was a read only list that loaded all your items into one place (a stash), not that it couldn't be reversed :shocked: :tongue:

This is fine though, as I stated before I'm testing GoMule in a black box environment so unexpected cases like this are expected.

<Feature enhancement request>
That being said, it'd be pretty cool to be able to load all of your items in a stash, be able to pinpoint what you were looking for, then reverse the action and put all the items back onto the chars exactly as they were.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There are two separate behaviors that I've achieved with creating stashes.

1. The first time I loaded all my items into a stash. Somehow the items transferred back (or stayed) to my chars before the next time I launched d2.

2. I tried it again last night following the explicit steps in my previous post, and now they didn't transfer back.

It may have been a case (in step 1) of not hitting the "close" button (right hand box with an 'x') on the stash before quitting GoMule. I do remember doing this in step 2.

Are you aware of steps needed to achieve part 1 or do you see it as a fluke?

The principle we discussed was that a stash was a read only list that loaded all your items into one place (a stash), not that it couldn't be reversed :shocked: :tongue:

The "all" view is a read only list that loads all your items into one stash, and it's read-only for reasons silo explained. But it's an abstraction. There is no "all" file in which items get stored. When you use the "all" view, your items remain in their original place (stash or character). Hence, taking an item from the "all" view is in fact taking an item from it's original place.

<Feature enhancement request>
That being said, it'd be pretty cool to be able to load all of your items in a stash, be able to pinpoint what you were looking for, then reverse the action and put all the items back onto the chars exactly as they were.

You CAN do this... you open it up in the all items view, take the item you want, then close all items view. All the items stay where they are, unless you move them.

There are two separate behaviors that I've achieved with creating stashes.

1. The first time I loaded all my items into a stash. Somehow the items transferred back (or stayed) to my chars before the next time I launched d2.

2. I tried it again last night following the explicit steps in my previous post, and now they didn't transfer back.

It may have been a case (in step 1) of not hitting the "close" button (right hand box with an 'x') on the stash before quitting GoMule. I do remember doing this in step 2.

Are you aware of steps needed to achieve part 1 or do you see it as a fluke?

I don't know what you're talking about. Were you using the all items view? Be more specific please :)

As long as the program closes correctly, as in either of the X's on the windows, all the stuff is saved. If you crash out or terminate it, they wont.

Now to start the process of putting items in stash back onto my chars... evil stashes! :wink3:

The part not clear to you is that I've created 2 stashes. The first time I created a stash, somehow, it wasn't saved in the stash because all the items all stayed on my chars after quitting GoMule. I was not in All item view either. The app didn't crash, it's pretty resilient in that aspect.

Anyway, no big deal on understanding why this happened since I can't try to repro it because all my items are now in a single stash :cool:

Hey,
I am using the current ATMA, A great tool by any measure. I cannot move my set items(green) to other characters. I don't have LoD and use the current patch. all my characters are the same patch. My computer is well worn win98se. Am I missing something? I used the search engine here and I read everything on atma site and program and nothing is mentioned. My lvl and stats are fine for items too. What am I missing? Or am I SoL?
Cheers

This is a somewhat common problem if you are playing Standard (Classic) LoD instead of Expansion. The solution is to go to the "Option" menu then select "Game Edit". A window with 4 tabs will show up ... click on the "Character Link" tab and select the "Allow values beyond game limits (freeform)" button. Hit the Apply button and you should be set

I have a question about the charachter name edit function in ATMA.

I tried renaming a newly made charachter to test the option. ATMA still displayed the characther with the old name, so I thought it didn't work, and edited again. Nothing. So I thought this edit button doesn't work for some reason. But when I enter the game later, I see THREE charachters, one for each name. Thankfully they had never seen outside the Rogue Camp, so I just deleted them all, but frankly, I don't quite have the guts to do this to someone through Normal before someone explains what's going on :p How is this function supposed to work?

I have a question about the charachter name edit function in ATMA.

I tried renaming a newly made charachter to test the option. ATMA still displayed the characther with the old name, so I thought it didn't work, and edited again. Nothing. So I thought this edit button doesn't work for some reason. But when I enter the game later, I see THREE charachters, one for each name. Thankfully they had never seen outside the Rogue Camp, so I just deleted them all, but frankly, I don't quite have the guts to do this to someone through Normal before someone explains what's going on :p How is this function supposed to work?

When you rename, it creates a copy of the char with a new name in the same folder :)

<GoMule Feature Request>

Is it possible to add a filter for MF? The same type of field for level, str, and dex. It would sure help finding what MF gear you have easily.

-Ambrodel

Thanks Hakai_no_Tenshi.

I would have stopped playing for lack of storage but for you.
Cheers

When you rename, it creates a copy of the char with a new name in the same folder :)
Will it also duplicate the items the previous charachter possessed? Scary! :shocked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High