Muling & Reporting: The ATMA/GoMule/Flavie Thread ifra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I started using ATMA last night but have a big problem.

My friends and I have been LANning using an expanded stash mod (yeah I know, I only discovered muling programs last week!). Now I want to get rid of the expanded stash and put all my stuff into an ATMA stash instead.
The problem is that ATMA won't read the items that are in the extra part of the stash.

Last night, I used the program *DELETED* to export all the items outside the boundary to .d2i files. Then I tried to import them into ATMA, and it seemed to work, but when I re-open the stash file it says "bad location" (and then ATMA crashes). I even tried re-importing the .d2i files back into the character's inventory with *deleted* and then loading that character in ATMA & dragging & dropping into a stash, same problem.

I'm thinking maybe I could try importing the items to a character's regular inventory, loading the character in Diablo and then saving it again... would that reset the item location?

It looks like ATMA's not really being supported anymore. Would I have more luck with GoMule?

Thanks,

Hi there LordChiko.

ATMA is still being supported, but it's a little more advanced than GoMule in what it checks (I believe) so you may well have more luck with GoMule (although I doubt it. It'll probably pretend to open fine then overwrite your char, or crash horribly).

I can get the items back for you manually, if you want to send the orignal file to [email protected]

And the usual reminder about the rules, trading, multiplayer and mods, in case you want to join the community.

Hi silospen,

Thanks for the offer, that's really generous of you! Considering that I'm trying to salvage 6 characters including a couple of mules, I might see how I go tonight rather than send it all to you because it would take you ages! If all else fails though, and I want to salvage just the most valuable stuff, which files should I send... the .d2i files for each individual item or the .d2x one from ATMA after I import it (but before it crashes)?

And thanks for the reminder too, I won't be joining MP atm because my connection sucks, and once I manage to get my stuff back I'll be ditching that mod once and for all :) ATMA seems like a far, far superior option.

I assume that you've got the original D2S file with the extended stash data stored in it? That's the one to send. It'll take me a bit to get it out, but shouldn't take too long. I've spent a lot of time in D2S recently with GoMule :)

I assume that you've got the original D2S file with the extended stash data stored in it? That's the one to send. It'll take me a bit to get it out, but shouldn't take too long. I've spent a lot of time in D2S recently with GoMule :)
Ok I just sent the .d2s files to you. Don't stress about it if it can't be done or takes too long though!

I'm most impressed by this forum so far, I've encountered many generous and helpful people today! And if you and I are ever in the same country, I will owe you a beer or three (seriously). :)

Ok I just sent the .d2s files to you. Don't stress about it if it can't be done or takes too long though!

I'm most impressed by this forum so far, I've encountered many generous and helpful people today! And if you and I are ever in the same country, I will owe you a beer or three (seriously). :)

Haha, no probs. I'll code something up to automatically extract it into a D2X for you, in case your friends need it too. Expect emails in a day or two.

You mentioned using four different save directories. I'm guessing you're not copying/renaming those directories by hand, because in that case it'd be easy to start using different directories. So you're probably using some sort of program, or maybe .bat files, to do that work for you. Now, I haven't the slightest clue how version switching is usually done. But I'm guessing that whatever is managing the save directories for different versions can be configured to use different save directories. I'm afraid that's about all the help I can offer without knowing more about your setup.

Here's how I switch versions:

Cut and paste Diablo II into somewhere else.
Copy and paste Diablo II into Program Files.
Use version switcher to switch back to 1.07, then use Blizzard's patch (which only acts on the folder named Diablo II).
I then can rename it back to Diablo II - 1.09 or whatever.
Cut and paste original Diablo II back into Program Files.

I now have a folder named Diablo II, and a folder named Diablo II - [Insert Version].

And if you run D2 from the "Diablo II - [version]" folder, it uses that folder's save subdirectory? If so, the version switcher is setting up a non-default save directory. D2 normally uses a save directory stored in the registry, instead of looking at what directory the game is actually in.

Okay, I'm not sure I quite catch on, but here's what I did:

Renamed [Diablo II]'s save folder to 'asdf', but kept [Diablo II - 09]'s save folder as 'save'.

When I open Diablo II or Diablo II - 1.09, no characters are seen.

When I revert [Diablo II]'s save folder back to 'save', but change [Diablo II - 09]'s save folder as 'asdf', then, I can load both Diablo II or Diablo II - 1.09 and still have all my characters intact.

That sounds like you're not actually using different save directories for different versions.

Pardon me if this is a dopey question, but how do I get to the drop calculator in GoMule? I don't see it under any of the menu items but I do see there are some .java files in the src folder that have tantalizing names like "DropCalc"!

It's not finished yet, by a long shot. I've finished the implementation of TC class probabilities for each monster (which seems correct apart from a few funny ones (scimitars, countess) and then put the items layer on top of that.

But if you really, really want to see it....

Ensure your classpath is correct and has d2111, GoMule and DropCalc on it. Then java DropCalc.DropCalcGUI and you'll see:
BLEH?
By jove!

That means it ran fine :) A GUI should appear. It'll be an old version, so minions will crash it, SU's won't work and everything else should be OK.

I'm about to switch completely to GoMule, great work! Once all bugs are found and the dropcalc is there, it'd be perfect.

Silospen, is there something like a wishlist for GoMule? I have a few ... ;)

- ability to delete items from a stash or char (they should be gone for good... when I do MF runs, I pick up lots of charms, circlets, tiaras and so on, most of them useless)

- when looking at a socketed item, show the poperties of the gems socketed into it

- some method to copy a readout from items on a char instead of having to move it into some stash and copy the readout from there

- distinguish magic / rare / set / unique / crafted items in the tooltips

- more statistics: weapon speed (problem would be skills increasing the speed), FHR, FCR, goldfind

- advanced: integrate some skillcalc (show skill damage with synergies on the skills page)

- better support for classic chars (reduced cube space, no merc equip)

I'm sure there is more, but let's start slowly ... ;)

I'm about to switch completely to GoMule, great work! Once all bugs are found and the dropcalc is there, it'd be perfect.

Silospen, is there something like a wishlist for GoMule? I have a few ... ;)

- ability to delete items from a stash or char (they should be gone for good... when I do MF runs, I pick up lots of charms, circlets, tiaras and so on, most of them useless)

- when looking at a socketed item, show the poperties of the gems socketed into it

- some method to copy a readout from items on a char instead of having to move it into some stash and copy the readout from there

- distinguish magic / rare / set / unique / crafted items in the tooltips

- more statistics: weapon speed (problem would be skills increasing the speed), FHR, FCR, goldfind

- advanced: integrate some skillcalc (show skill damage with synergies on the skills page)

- better support for classic chars (reduced cube space, no merc equip)

I'm sure there is more, but let's start slowly ... ;)

Wowzers, awesome. There is indeed a wishlist, just in my head, so this stuff is all very useful :)

Lemmie answer those....

1) Gotcha.
2) The properties of the gem should be there on the readout, just not separated. Do you want me to separate them?
3) Gotcha.
4) I'll look into this one. The tooltip is the basic java implementation of the tooltip for speed, but i'll see what I can do.
5) They're currently being implemented, i've already added IAS, FCR, FHR in the CVS.
6) I want to do this. But it'll be hard, same with weapon damage.
7) Screw classic! :D (ok, i'll look into this :( )

Si

2) The properties of the gem should be there on the readout, just not separated. Do you want me to separate them?

Yes, show the gem properties separated. I dunno if it would be better to have some additional display for those and keep the overall 'integrated' display of the item, or just show the unsocketed properties of the base item and list the gems afterwards... both possibilites have their advantages and disadvantages I guess.

Why do I want this? Well, I tend to use rare jewels, and it gets a bit diffucult to tell which attibutes come from the gem and which from the base item. Imagine two rare jewels in a rare armour ;)

Hhhmm, I was preparing my giveaway stash and it disappeared on me, no backups to be found (probably since I hadn't closed the window before). Here's what happened.

1. Create stash named "<Mursilis>giveaway"
2. Place ~45 items in stash
3. Follow directions to generate full dump (Utility-Dump Full Info)

This is where things get weird. I had the stash open when doing this, so when I click Dump Full Info nothing happens. I'm not asked where to save the file or anything like that. I tried twice. Thinking this has to do with having the stash open I close it and try again. Same thing.

Now for the unfortunate part. Trying to open the stash causes it to disappear from my stash list. Looking in the ATMA folder I have no files for this stash, it is as if it never existed. Except for the fact that all those items are gone.

Any ideas how to recover this or what happened? Seems I may be out of suppling items for the giveaway :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High