Mini-mafia - The Haunting of Timothy Robertson

I figured it would be obvious to most of the players so I just made it explicit. 1 for 1 trades are good for town and bad for mafia, so I'm good with outing someone lying and being very clear about it. Do you think the mafia wouldn't have figured it out and come for me?

Um, no? How would they have known you were the mayor when the only evidence we have is you saying "well I'm the mayor!"?

You had zero reason to claim that and I'm extremely skeptical of you depending on golds flip.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Um, no? How would they have known you were the mayor when the only evidence we have is you saying "well I'm the mayor!"?

You had zero reason to claim that and I'm extremely skeptical of you depending on golds flip.

So I quote goldtru claiming she's the mayor, say I know she's lying and vote her and ... nobody figures out that there's only one way I could know she's not the mayor?

((Firstly, sorry about my posts last night, I got a bit drunk, and my defense of a certain player was not related to mafia at all, no more drinking and mafia'ing for me!))

First, we have Gold that claimed Angel/ghost as what I suspect was just a joke. Then she claimed she was the MAYOR (literally in caps, yo's) to which Drixx counterclaimed.

Two likely scenarios are:

Goldtru is actually the mayor, and Drixx is some sort of anti-town role. He's making an opportune strike against what he knows to be a very likely confirmed and possibly powerful role for town (roleblocker maybe?) in order to get a mislynch.

Or

Drixx is actually the mayor, in which case that actually doesn't prove or disprove anything about Goldtru. She could be any alignment at this point, and could have any role, or even a lack of a role.

It's rather early to make any assumptions about either player at this point. It would appear so far that Goldtru is posting a bit more actively than she normally does, so she could be attempting to hide in plain sight. Drixx could be playing on the fact that he made a very early claim last game as a solid townie, expecting some of us to assume he is making the same play this game.

I'm not sure at this point I could get behind a Goldtru lynch. This time tomorrow, if no new evidence has come to light, I might be inclined to vote for Goldtru, but right now, it's not solid enough for me.

Don't be silly Logout. It's a bad deal for mafia to make 1 for 1 trades. If I were anti-town I wouldn't give myself up to take just one townie out.

You had zero reason to claim that and I'm extremely skeptical of you depending on golds flip.[sup]1[/sup]

So I quote goldtru claiming she's the mayor, say I know she's lying and vote her and ... nobody figures out that there's only one way I could know she's not the mayor?[sup]2[/sup]

1.) I'm basically in agreement with BA here, the counterclaim seemed really opportunistic to me. Goldtru's flip could provide some answers, but they still won't be stone proof. This is what I was saying in my previous post, in much simpler words.

2.) Drixx, it feels like you are defending yourself here, which to me, seems like something out of the norm for you. Instead of defending with a question (as you have here) I expected something, different.

OK first off, I am sorry for being so wild yesterday. I am neither a ghost nor an angel nor a saint nor the mayor.

That said, I wouldn't blame anyone for lynching me just to get me to shut up.

Shutting up now.

Don't be silly Logout. It's a bad deal for mafia to make 1 for 1 trades. If I were anti-town I wouldn't give myself up to take just one townie out.

This I do agree with, but, my only scum game so far included quite risky plays, which obviously didn't have ideal results. Thanks for pointing this out :)

Vote: Goldtru

Yes, it is.

Town should ALWAYS be willing to put themselves on the block in order to take out someone they know to be scum. On the other hand, it's not a good move for a scum to publicly act like a townie to take out a townie with a mislynch. Drixx has to know that if we lynch you, and you flip town, he will have an incredible amount of heat on him tomorrow.

I'm not saying that scum Drixx is not capable of making a play like this, just that it is much more likely that Drixx is town in this specific scenario. My opinion still stands, that even if Drixx is 100% truthful, and he is town-Mayor, that doesn't prove that you are not town, only that you lied, and as we know, Lynch All Liars.

Something else I forgot to mention, you may have just gotten "lucky" when you claimed Mayor, which you intended to be another cute joke, but your use of all caps raises suspicion.

So I quote goldtru claiming she's the mayor, say I know she's lying and vote her and ... nobody figures out that there's only one way I could know she's not the mayor?

That's exactly my point! Why would you say she is lying and why not just vote for her? Why did you think she wouldn't be lynched unless you stated that you were the mayor?

Or they could have been drawing out my claim and hoping to avoid losing a scum in the process. Or goldtru could simply have made a silly post and inadvertently drawn out my claim.

But the point is she did claim and has retracted, and LAL is in play, imo.

I am town, so Drixx should get his shorts ready for tomorrow.

Sorry for being "cute" while under duress, I assure you it won't happen again.

Saying I was the "mayor" was an oblique reference to my perception that my role is important in the story. It was not, therefore, a lie. This would imply that Drixx and I are both town. Go ahead and lynch me and you will see that I am telling the truth.

Good morning Monster Hunters! Here's your first official vote count, courtesy of that guy who was once in that thing!

Goldtru (5): Zokar (94); CDM (117); Bad Ash (125); Drixx (132); Logout (147)
Noodle (1): Goldtru (51)
CDM (1): pharphis (84)
BPC (0): [STRIKE]Zokar (61/92) [/STRIKE]
pharphis (0): [STRIKE]pharphis (45/79) [/STRIKE]

?Vote: goldtru

Vote: Goldtru

Call it a gut feeling.(...)

Wrong wrong wrong. Take an antacid and check your gut again.

Well, since I'm actually the Mayor and you claimed to be I know you're lying. So let's just call it a priori knowledge and watch you do a gallows jig, eh?

Hmm.

BA voted for Goldtru before Drixx counterclaimed.

BA is in shambles over Drixx' counterclaim, saying that he should have just voted for Goldtru without making a claim, which is exactly what Drixx did. BA seems to be focusing in on one small, insignificant facet much in the same fashion as Pharphis did last game.

With all that said, BA, why did you vote for Goldtru, and if you don't believe Drixx, why is your vote still on her, and not on he?

Tru's role claim and reversal are certainly confusing. She's so new to these games, I don't feel I have a baseline against which to judge whether her behavior is out of character or not. My gut tells me that if she were mafia, she'd be likely to be more cautious than this, but that's just a feeling.

Tru's role claim and reversal are certainly confusing. She's so new to these games, I don't feel I have a baseline against which to judge whether her behavior is out of character or not. My gut tells me that if she were mafia, she'd be likely to be more cautious than this, but that's just a feeling.

Well she has been town once and mafia once and presented herself in the game almost exactly the same in both games. It will be a shame if she's a townie who was goofing around and got me to out myself to trade for a scum, but I don't think we can conclude that with any certainty.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High