Mini-mafia - The Haunting of Timothy Robertson

Caluin Graye

Sep 4, 2005
Timothy Robertson was always a special child. Eight years young and a vivid imagination, he brought smiles to everyone's face when he was around. With one green eye and another brown, a mop of gangly red hair, and pock-marked skin, Timothy was not exactly a handsome boy. Some might call him ugly. Even uglier still, however, were the nightmares that seemed to follow Timothy around. You see, the nightmares were just as special as Timothy.

They were real.

---------------

This is a mini-mafia game designed for any number of players. Anyone who signs up will get a spot. This thread will serve as both sign up and gameplay thread.

Standard mafia rules apply. I'm not particularly interested in posting them all over again, so cliff notes version:

1) Each player has a vote per day phase. Votes and unvotes are placed as such:
Vote: Caluin Graye
Unvote: CG

As always, I don't really care the formatting, so long as two things are true: I can put 'vote:' into the search filter and find them, and it takes me less than half a second to determine who you're voting for. Unvotes must come before revotes.

2) A person will be locked and lynched at end of the day phase if they have votes equaling more than half, rounded up, of the players still alive. The lock happens immediately, so vote carefully. (I.E., there is no "will be lynched, but not yet a lock" mechanic)

3) Each day phase will be 48 hours. There is no night phase. Mafia will have day talk to compensate.

4) As there is no night phase, lynching and queued night actions work slightly differently. Town must have a lynch locked before the 48 hours has passed or the day will result in a 'no lynch'. Night actions must be queued before the day phase ends, and may contain conditional statements. (I.E., "If Bad Ash is lynched, I'll night kill Goryani. If anyone else is lynched, kill Bad Ash.")

This is a trial game to see how this mechanic works. If it mostly works, I'll tweak and may include it in future games.

5) Town wins when mafia are eliminated. Mafia wins when town is eliminated or they control the lynch. Other roles may have a special win condition.

6) Sample PMs:
Town PM:
Name: Farmer Johnathon
Win Condition: Town
Role: Jailkeeper

Mafia PM:
Name: Baker Carter
Win Condition: Mafia
Role: Goon

If you have any questions, please ask! I'm sort of shotgunning this a bit, so let me know if anything is unclear.

1) Zokar
2) BPC
3) CDM
4) Drixx
5) pharphis
6) Noodle
7) Gwaihir
8) Goldtru
9) Logout
10) Bad Ash
11) Moar

Edit -
Oh, need a start time. Let's say Saturday the 28th at 2:00pm PST. I'll close signups shortly before then.

Last edited:
In. The action queue mechanic is something I've been thinking about, though in a different context.

I would love to play this, but I have visitors coming in on 26th and I won't be having the time for it unfortunately. :(

I'm in, but probably wont be able to do much Saturday.

I'm not sure how much I contribute to these games. I'm still really at sea. But maybe a mini game would be easier. I'm sort of looking for reassurance here. I guess I'm in.

I'm not sure how much I contribute to these games. I'm still really at sea. But maybe a mini game would be easier. I'm sort of looking for reassurance here. I guess I'm in.

You're in! I reassure you that you're totally in!

I'll play, gonna try to be a little less vocal so early in the game. Now that I got to play as both pro- and anti-town, and was read as scummy both times, I think I know what I'm doing wrong. I'd like to play!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High