MFO Summer 2022 Results

PhineasB

Guide Author
Mar 14, 2020
It’s been a rough 10 days for the denizens of the Pit and Ancient Tunnels. Baal and his minions are sick of visitors. Pindle’s horde is building a gate to keep trespassers from the temple.
That’s right, MFO has concluded! Let’s get to results . . .

Congrats to all the winners, and everyone who ran, and for great commaraderie over the last ten days!

This was a great MFO, with another tight race at the top in A85 (3 runners within 10 points of each other). And there was good competition with close final scores for the runners in Pindle+ and Baal. Another good annual MFO in the books, thanks to everyone who keeps this event going. The running thread is here, and the Meet the Olympians thread is here.

A quick overview of rank and total score by each category is followed by detailed results within each category. I will update as needed.

A85
1. Zorohpjtr, Total: 95.6
2. ffs, Total: 86.7
3. AntiRush, Total: 85.9
4. PhineasB, Total: 67.5
5. Trim, Total: 61.6
6. Nano, Total: 56.7
7. Gynli, Total: 52.8
8. jimsfriend, Total: 50.9
9. Excalibur, Total: 30.7
10. D2DC, Total: 18.9

Pindle+
1. BBS_Agonistes, Total: 56.4
2. Silvio415, Total: 53.3
3. Triple Helix, Total: 49.3
4. lizard, Total: 33.5

Baal
1. m4ke, Total: 119.5
2. Swamigoon, Total: 118.6
3. LouB, Total: 54.5
4. maxicek, Total: 32.9
5. Arjan, Total: 29.9
6. HanShotFirst, Total: 27.7
7. Kstil3227, Total: 12.8

A85
Zorohpjtr
Death's Web 27.9
Astreon's Iron Ward 27.8
Dragonscale 14.6
Dragonscale 14.6
Crown of Ages 10.7
Total 95.6

ffs
Death's Web 27.9
Darkforce Spawn 19.3
Dragonscale 14.6
Spirit Keeper 14.2
Shadow Dancer 10.7
Total 86.7

AntiRush
Death's Web 27.9
Mang Song's Lesson 27.8
Schaefer's Hammer 11.6
Windforce 9.3
The Cranium Basher 9.3
Total 85.9

PhineasB
Stormlash 17.0
Dragonscale 14.6
Ravenlore 14.6
Griswold’s Redemption 11.3
Boneflame 10.4
Total 67.5

Trim
Dragonscale 14.6
Ravenlore 14.6
Cerebus' Bite 11.0
Crown of Ages 10.7
Templar's Might 10.7
Total 61.6

Nano
Spirit Keeper 14.2
Griffon's Eye 10.7
Crown of Ages 10.7
Crown of Ages 10.7
Boneflame 10.4
Total: 56.7

Gynli
Spirit Keeper 14.2
Steelrend 10.7
Gargoyle's Bite 9.3
The Grandfather 9.3
Stormspire 9.3
Total 52.8

jimsfriend
Steelrend 10.7
Shadow Dancer 10.7
Boneflame 10.4
Heaven's Light 9.8
Windforce 9.3
Total 50.9

Excalibur
Giant Skull - 8.1
Azurewrath - 7.8
Arachnid Mesh - 5.9
Meservmids Reaver - 4.6
M'avina's True Sight - 4.3
Total - 30.7

D2DC
Steel Shade 6.6
Blood Raven's Charge 6.7
The Reaper's Toll 3.3
Wizardspike 2.3
Total 18.9

Pindle+
BBS_Agonistes

Spirit Keeper 14.2
Griswold's Redemption 11.3
Griswold's Redemption 11.3
Heaven's Light 9.8
Griswold's Honor 9.8
Total 56.4

Silvio415
Spirit Keeper - 14.2
Cerebus' Bite - 11
Crown of Ages - 10.7
Death Cleaver - 9.3
Steel Carapace - 8.1
Total - 53.3

Triple Helix
Shadow Dancer 10.7
Crown of Ages 10.7
Earth Shifter 9.3
Ghostflame 9.3
Ghostflame #2 9.3
Total 49.3

Lizard
Demonhorn's Edge 7.9
Blood Raven's Charge 6.7
Nosferatu's Coil 6.6
Nosferatu's Coil 6.6
Leviathan 5.7
Total 33.5

Baal
m4ke
Gargoyle's Bite 76,8
Ravenlore 19,5
Cerebus' Bite 10,6
Wolfhowl 7
Blackoak Shield 5,6
Total 119,5

Swamigoon
76.8 Executioner's Justice
13.7 Spirit Keeper
11.0 Boneflame
10.6 Cerebus' Bite
6.5 Blood Raven's Charge
Total 118.6

LouB
Bul-Kathos' Sacred Charge 32.6
Gut Siphon 6.1
Stoneraven 5.8
M'avina's Caster 5.5
Wraith Flight 4.5
Total 54.5

maxicek
Wolfhowl 7
Wolfhowl 7
Soul Drainer 6.3
Soul Drainer 6.3
Spike Thorn 6.3
Total 32.9

Arjan
Nosferatu's coil 6.3
Wraith flight 4.5
Eaglehorn 5.4
Frostwind 6.1
Demonhorn's Edge 7.6
Total: 29.9

HanShotFirst
Blood Raven's Charge 6.5
Leviathan 6.0
Stoneraven 5.8
Marrowwalk 4.7
The Gladiator's Bane 4.7
Total 27.7

Kstil3227

Soul Drainer--6.3
Widow Maker--4.5
IK Hammer x2--2
Total--12.8

Congrats @zorohpjtr, @BBS_Agonistes and @m4ke on the wins in the respective categories!

I wasn't looking for anything in SC (which I still play in 1.14 LoD), so for the first time I ran in HC (D2R) for a farming tournament. In this case with a modestly geared HC Pit Berserker, as the build is now HC viable in D2R. Will post his build/setup, experiences and intended changes in the olympians thread.

There were 4 items on my wish list for this MFO. First and foremost Griswold's Honor, to allow me to progress and hopefully finish this D2R Guardian class set sept with the Paladin, the final character. He is intended to become an Uber Tristram runner if I do manage to Guardian him with his sept build, where he will use the full Griswold's set as a Tesladin. The other 3 items were the usual trifecta of "rare and incidentally useful" uniques, namely DWeb, Griffon's and Death's Fathom, in that order of priority.

Towards the end I was still looking for Griffon's mostly, apart from possible top 5 upgrades. This resulted in ~40% of my MFO runs being done on the last 2 days, which of course contributed 0% to my top 5 and didn't deliver Griffon's either. :confused: Been hitting a dry streak for the last 4 days of MFO really, my top 5 hadn't changed since last Wednesday. I briefly woke up from my Pitzerking trance when a unique SA dropped on Saturday, but any hopes of finally getting that single elusive grailer were quickly shattered by Cain.

That being said, with Griswold's Honor and Death's Web, I did get the two most useful drops for my personal HC goals, so I'm definitely happy with the results.

Top 5 and TC87 haul:

1_haul.png

(Somehow 2 BK swords aren't showing, there are 3 CBs on the ground and I had a 4th one drop but not picked up, in the only single run I aborted due to being scared from Amp/Fana/Might/Archers. Thunder Maul is Earth Shifter.)

I will check later and edit this post to include non-qualifier details. I found a suprising amount of runes with Cham, Lo, 2x Gul, Ist, 3x Mal, 2x Um, 1x Pul if I'm not mistaken. These resulted in a couple of gear upgrades along the way with another Grief roll and 2x Ist'ed Ali Baba. Other than that, I only picked up Rals, FAs, SCs, GCs, rare rings and coronets and the occasional claw (but stopped doing that later on). Will provide some readouts/further numbers when I'm back from work this evening.

Congrats to the winners!

If you told me legendary log/rack clicker jimsfriend would start an untwinked druid right before MFO, actually hit buttons that interact with enemies, and end up putting out a decent score after beginning doing Maggot Lair runs, I would've called you crazy. What a huge inspiration to players everywhere.

My first 3 days score was finally enough (with a clear margin =), I just can't believe it. Thanks to everybody doing this years MFO!

My top-1 item was not dropped by Baal himself but by Ventar the Holy and his gang.
1 - Gargoyle's Bite.jpg
2 - Ravenlore.jpg
3 - Cerebus' Bite.jpg
4 - Wolfhowl.jpg
5 - Blackoak Shield.jpg

Gargoyle's Bite
Winged Harpoon
Throw Damage: 31 - 218
One Hand Damage: 76 - 99
Quantity: 120
Required Level: 70
Required Strength: 76
Required Dexterity: 145
Fingerprint: 0x9a1ed243
Item Level: 88
Version: Resurrected
184% Enhanced Damage
Adds 293 Poison Damage Over 10 Secs (250 Frames)
10% Life stolen per hit
Replenishes quantity
Level 11 Plague Javelin Level 41 %s (60/60 Charges)

Ravenlore
Sky Spirit
Defense: 379
Durability: 11 of 20
Required Level: 74
Required Strength: 113
Fingerprint: 0xbc510a81
Item Level: 99
+3 to Elemental Skills (Druid Only)
-10% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+7 to Raven (Druid Only)
+143% Enhanced Defense
+24 to Energy
All Resistances +25

Cerebus' Bite
Blood Spirit
Defense: 338
Durability: 12 of 20
Required Level: 63
Required Strength: 86
Fingerprint: 0x5e100b8a
+4 to Shape-Shifting Skills (Druid Only)
101% Bonus to Attack Rating
9% Life stolen per hit
33% Chance of Open Wounds
+1 to Feral Rage (Druid Only)
+132% Enhanced Defense

Wolfhowl
Fury Visor
Defense: 348
Durability: 27 of 35
Required Level: 79
Required Strength: 129
Fingerprint: 0x99676f5b
+2 to Warcry Skills (Barbarian Only)
+5 to Feral Rage
+5 to Lycanthropy
+3 to Werewolf
+131% Enhanced Defense
+13 to Strength
+8 to Dexterity
+11 to Vitality
Level 15 Summon Dire Wolf Level 14 %s (18/18 Charges)

Blackoak Shield
Luna
Defense: 348
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 74 of 129
Required Level: 61
Required Strength: 100
Fingerprint: 0xe141ead4
4% Chance to cast level 5 Weaken when struck
+50% Faster Block Rate
+181% Enhanced Defense
+37 to Dexterity (Based on Character Level)
+93 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Absorbs Cold Damage (Based on Character Level)
Half Freeze Duration
+45 Maximum Durability

m4ke

Edit: what's happened to spoiler tags??

I did better then I would have expected going into this event. I had fun and I found stuff to improve my builds. So a huge succes as far as I am concerned.

Started planning new stuff immediately today. Put the titans on the javazon and decided to use the farm nightmare since she can kill fast, be safe and use MF without losing to much speed (still she feels underperforming to me… I have expectations issues I guess 🤣) I actually hope to find IK boots

The pally will be on the lookout for his phoenix shield base and runes and until we have then run Pindle and Baal in hell.

The rest (2 barbs, a sorc and a ranger) will go adventuring until they are Pat/mat. Put the guillames helmet on the barb. Am looking forward to see everyone go to shreds standing absolutely confused with his skill (and the war cry helps too)

The sorc might get the best make over. But I’ll need to try and see what works best. The 20 for gloves should free both the amu and a ring spot so I need to think how I will use those. If I had a SOJ this would be easy… so that might just be another goal. She is nearly at Hell mephisto so her journey is rather short

Nicely done, all! Big congrats to the winners and to the rest who stuck it out!!

I ran strictly Pindle for ~50 hours in total. Began with a pure Blizz sorc @ 438MF, then switched to a pure Lightning sorc and upgraded to 500MF for the majority of the MFO. Runs were about 18 seconds with lightning, a bit longer with blizz.

Originally was going to run the Pit, but after lots of testing over multiple characters for a number of days before MFO start I got many more drops from Pindle than the Pit.

During the MFO I had 27 qualifiers to drop by day 3, and finally gave up recording them all and just kept up with the potential high scoring qualifiers. Basically Pindle dropped a lot for me, just not anything worth a lot of points! And I didn't get that Death's Web I was trying for. :ROFLMAO:

Congrats again all, and big thanks to @PhineasB for organizing, hosting, and tabulating everything -- he worked harder than any of us!

Great fun!!

Congrats to all other winners @BBS_Agonistes @m4ke and huge thanks to @PhineasB for hosting the event!!!

Really fun experience doing these competition and I got to say I was extremely lucky. Never expect to find 2 Grail items in one event! I was however wishing that I can be lucky enough to drop 1 Tyreal's might instead of these 2 items though...

Stats on Astreon and Dweb suck so a bit sad... I really like Astreon but never found one good enough to create a build based on it

Death's Web
Unearthed Wand
One Hand Damage: 22 - 28
Durability: 10 of 18
Required Level: 66
Required Strength: 25
Fingerprint: 0x9cf8d83
Item Level: 87
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+2 to All Skills
+1 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)
-40% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+10 to Mana after each Kill
+7 Life after each Kill
Astreon's Iron Ward
Caduceus
One Hand Damage: 130 - 151
Durability: 51 of 70
Required Level: 60
Required Strength: 97
Required Dexterity: 70
Fingerprint: 0x8651b719
Item Level: 88
+2 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)
+10% Increased Attack Speed
253% Enhanced Damage
Damage +47
161% Bonus to Attack Rating
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 80 - 240 Magic Damage
33% Chance of Crushing Blow
Slows Target by 25%
Damage Reduced by 5

However I also found my first 2os COA and a really nice rolled Griffon so I'll take it.

Griffon's Eye
Diadem
Defense: 187
Durability: 13 of 20
Required Level: 76
Fingerprint: 0x44340b6d
Item Level: 87
+1 to All Skills
+25% Faster Cast Rate
-19% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+14% to Lightning Skill Damage
+132 Defense

I think that's enough for the murmur and I'll leave the rest in Meet the Olympians thread.

What an MFO, and congrats to the winners and everyone who picked up useful items! As for me, I ended up running more than I'd expected:
Haul Pic.jpg
All said, I'm a tad disappointed in the results, given number of TC87 uniques that dropped, but somehow not a single armor? Four green Diadems, 3 green Coronas, and 1 green Sacred Armor dropped along the way. A standard unique elite armor would only have improved score by 0.4, but still :) I actually didn't bother picking up any of the green TC87s (except the Caduceus).

As noted in the Meet the Olympians thread here, I ran a Poisonmancer from level 91-95 and then switched to my Pitzerker for the final weekend. The Necro also netted a Sur and 2 Jahs, plus eth Goldskin (last non-TC3 normal item in my eth grail) and eth Souldrainers, which was nice. He also picked up a +3 4os GMB.

I started out picking up SCs, GCs, rare circlets and claws, Pul+ runes, and 7 pt+ qualifiers (plus checking items for eth if still needed on my eth grail). But my left hand was already feeling strain by end of first weekend from opening the inventory to access the cube, so we narrowed to only qualifers that would improve my score, 10 pt+ qualifiers, unique TC87s, rare claws, and runes. The Necro found four of the top five, with Pitzerker picking up the Stormlash as highest scoring item. So the Barb's runs were very streamlined, with 5 of the TC87 weapons, Halaberd's, and the Stormlash, and no runes!

Edit: Oh, the Thunder Mauls were one each of Earth Shifter and Cranium Basher. With the latter, I now have at least 2 of every item except Tyrael's (still zero).

It was fun to do straight MFing again, after so many recent MFOs being focused on my untwinked 99ers. Thanks to everyone who participated, it was quite the fun SPF event (y)

Last edited:
Congrats everyone! A few of you Pindle+ guys were nipping at my heels!

I had set out to do 10,000 runs at the beginning and was on course to do so, but a couple of days were pretty off, so ended up with only 7,772 runs total, though I didn’t improve my score after around 5700. 153 qualifiers.

I didn’t get anything too crazy, but I got a few items I was missing in D2R since restart: a Reaper’s Toll, Verdungo's Hearty Cord, Nature’s Peace (x2), 4os Griswold’s Redemption, Herald of the Zakarum, full Tal Rasha’s set sans the amulet, and maybe a few others? (Will update as I remember.)

Did roughly 4500 runs with the Furyzon. Thanks to @ffs for suggesting the barb: I did the remaining 3200 runs with him. Runs were 1-2 seconds slower, but he was farming qualifiers at 1.67 the rate of the Zon, which is about what you’d expect given 50%+ Item Find and extra MF. So he was much more efficient than the Zon. The total number of runs puts me pretty close to the equivalent of my original plan of just 10k straight runs with Zon.

As far as runes, only an Ist, which went into my barb’s Suicide Branch.

I’ll post item readouts and maybe some of the barb’s gameplay as well in Olympian’s thread.

Last edited:
Congrats to the winners!

I ran about 20 hours between the PitZerker and FoHdin. Majority of the runs were done on the latter since I was having fun with a different, D2R specific build. Paladin started at lvl 89 and ended at lvl 94 from p1 Pits.
Included the green and orange to help pad the haul pic:
8nDGyMe.jpg

What a journey! Congratulations to the winners, and a job well done to all competitors!

My final placement of fifth in the A85s came as no surprise in the end. Running 40+ hours with a live bnet D2R character and no real teleport options meant I was relying on a whole lotta luck to find items with high point values. The end results? Some luck, but not what I needed to be a big player.

I can walk away decently pleased. In addition to a Tal's armor to set up an eventual MF sorc, I found some Drac's and the runes to allow me a CtA roll in the future, giving me a first-time shot at running torches (after a well-deserved break, of course).

Still, I can't help but feel a little bitter. No big runes (just a Vex & 2x Gul), and besides a Windforce there's not much in my loot piles that will see much use (if any). I've had worse ten-day stretches of MF sessions, but I've certainly had better. Nonetheless, I gave it high effort and I was very happy to have played my part.

Can never say it enough: thank you to @PhineasB for hosting my favorite tournament of the year. If you're ever in Austin, I'll buy you a burger and a beer.

Below is a compilation video of all the elite s/u's I remembered to capture plus a few non-qualifiers. It's longer than it needs to be, but hey -- I'd never touched video editing software until two weeks ago, so the fact this vid exists is a miracle. Kicks off with gear mouseovers; item runs start at 0:44; top five qualifier stats are shown at 12:47. Enjoy! ...Or don't! :p

I may be the only person who got more hours than points, so that's quite the accomplishment! 52 hours and 50.9 points.

Code:
79 jewels. 125 pgems. Lo, Ber, a handful of mid runes, 22 Ral.

I collected every sacred armor that dropped so someday if I make a grail with this guy I can show how many sacred armors it took to make tyrael's.
qwrhoaihsnrqpie.jpg

Some nonqualifiers. I also found 3x Mara's which forgot to make their way into this picture.
Screenshot019.jpg

And my tc87, which would look pretty empty if they weren't already identified.
Screenshot020.jpg

Here's my "haul pic collage:"
Top 5: like @m4ke, my highest scorer was also from Ventar.
HB2uga.pngHB2ubspelt.png HB2uss.png HB2sksANDues.png HB2ums.png

Other qualifiers:
HB2sbv.png HB2scs.png HB2sds.png HB2slm.png HB2som.png HB2srm.png HB2ubk.png HB2ubs.png HB2uds.png HB2ueo.png HB2uks.png HB2um.png HB2umc.png HB2ums.png HB2uom.png HB2ut.png HB2uwf.png HB2uwf2.png

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
Congrats to the winners, and everyone else who participated! :D
Next year's goal = Top 3 as a Singer.

* Thoughts and Summary
The main goal of MFO was to be used as a stepping stone between Mephisto and 2-seal CS runs;
and was somewhat successful.

Still missing an Ohm for a CtA and a 4os Monarch for a Spirit,
but made small gear improvements and leveled just shy of lvl 93.

Just <10% before before I can burn through all the Amethysts shrined during the MFO.
Screenshot118.png

Some nice non-qualifiers I found, but don't need includes...
- harpoonist of sustenance (32 life)
- RJoF (15/34)
- Scintillating jewel of carnage (14@/15max)
- Jah rune * can a blizz sorc use a Jah for anything?

And one nice non-qualifier I do need. :)
- +5/-4 Cold up facet

This was the first time I hoarded any items without GoMule; and ended up with 3 mules just to hold all the qualifiers.
According to the rank of "Immortal King's Stone Crusher" in @nulio's spreadsheet,
I've found 68 qualifiers, along with 3 potential-qualifiers that stacked on top of the superchest drops.
- Thanks by the way for the awesome spreadsheet!

Below are the drop shots of the top 5 and the list of qualifiers copy-and-pasted from the spreadsheet.
#1. Spirit Keeper - 14.2
Screenshot084.png
#2. Steelrend - 10.7
Screenshot016.png
#3. Gargoyle's Bite - 9.3
Screenshot001.png
#4. The Grandfather - 9.3
Screenshot007.png
#5. Stomspire - 9.3
Screenshot082.png
- 0 items over 15 points
- 2 items over 10 points
- 8 items over 9 points

and a whole lot of low level qualifiers.

Tomb Reaver 4.3
Steelrend 10.7
Gargoyle's Bite 9.3
The Grandfather 9.3
Head Hunter's Glory 7.8
Immortal King's Stone Crusher 1
Laying of Hands 1.4
Laying of Hands 1.4
Laying of Hands 1.4
Gimmershred 2.8
Credendum 1.7
Credendum 1.7