Mass Effect Mystery Box Mafia Game

I believe the correct course of action is now to agree to withhold any lynch until a night kill occurs. If there is someone who can kill at night left, they win with one more mislynch. We will have the most information to work with if they kill one of us first, so I motion that we all agree to refuse to lynch until a night kill happens.

I see no reason for the day to just go onward indefinitely after we all agree to this. I motion we all agree and ask the game runner to make one more night and if the remaining person with a night kill still refuses to kill, then town wins. This is just getting silly with someone trying to drag the game out and wait their way to a win.

I believe the correct course of action is now to agree to withhold any lynch until a night kill occurs. If there is someone who can kill at night left, they win with one more mislynch. We will have the most information to work with if they kill one of us first, so I motion that we all agree to refuse to lynch until a night kill happens.

I see no reason for the day to just go onward indefinitely after we all agree to this. I motion we all agree and ask the game runner to make one more night and if the remaining person with a night kill still refuses to kill, then town wins. This is just getting silly with someone trying to drag the game out and wait their way to a win.

Motions seconded. All in favor of refusing to lynch until a night kill happens, and further in favor of asking that the moderator end the game in town favor if the individual with the power to night kill refuses to kill, say Aye.

Aye.

So it's interesting to me that 24 hours goes by and Zokar and Pyro both refuse to agree to fast forward the game and force whomever is still left that can night kill to do so. If Zokar really won't vote again until a night kill happens, and neither will Numbers or I ... this game is literally stuck indefinitely.

I allow that it's possible what we have left is some kind of neutral "sole survivor" role who has to be the last person alive ... right now that's about the only thing that would explain what we're seeing in this endgame. If there is still scum, last night was the perfect night to kill. Today would have begun with Numbers (he's either scum or the easy scapegoat) and 2 people both close to ready to lynch numbers. The only wifom would be if the scum was waiting to frame up Numbers in the LYLO situation, and so the remaining two non-Numbers people would be stuck in a WIFOM loop with no exit. Whomever is scum would know but the other two would basically be flipping a coin at this point, because any of us remaining could make a case for any one of us remaining to be scum.

I mean ... on the assumption of 1 scum left, it was always going to come down to a LYLO vote ... why this delay?

I haven't refused anything yet, and I was under the impression that the day phase would continue as normal even if we agreed to only one more night phase, changing day start/end times is usually messy.

That being said, I see no reason not to agree to it, the game can't just keep going on forever and we want to have our best chances to win. If the last scum alive is mafia (and not numbers), then it would have made no sense for them to withhold their kill again last night because as Drixx said, its the perfect setup.

Well I can see both a scenario where Numbers is the last scum or where someone else is the last scum, and in both scenarios I could make an argument that they would have been better of killing last night and also that withholding the kill would be a smart strategic move.

That said, since we've all agreed not to put the final lynch votes out until another night kill happens, we are as a group (including the last scum who has to agree to fit in) declining the final scum this strategic avenue. We simply need all agree that we will withhold our votes until a night kill occurs again, and that's that.

I don't think there's any logical basis to any argument that lynching before another night kill gives town a better chance to win than waiting to see what move the final scum makes.

What are you smoking...

You both went from actively posting to going totally silent. I was just prodding to get you both to take a stance one way or the other. I don't think anyone wants to sit around for days on end of nothing happening.

I'd be interested to know whether you agree with numbers and I (and I'd like Pyro to actually agree to it instead of saying he can't see a reason not to, which isn't quite the same thing). You were the first one to take the stance that you wouldn't vote until another night kill, so I can't imagine you would disagree with forcing this to wrap up in the next night + day phase.

It's not for us to say since we don't know all the roles.
My guess though is that I can't imagine this going on beyond the next night.
If it does, then we're clearly missing something.

Well, ideally, if we all agree that lynching someone today is a bad idea, we can just ask the mod to end the day early. All the arguments we can make for anyone are pretty well known at this point, and our position is strengthened immensely by seeing the scum nk someone.

The scenarios I find reasonable, from highest to lowest probability, in my estimation:

1.) There's 1 scum or 1 SK left hoping that someone else gets lynched, handing them an easy win.
2.) There's both a scum and an SK left, and the game is only still going with 2 anti-town because they might target each other if one or both decide to actually perform a kill.
3.) There's some kind of neutral role that can still meet its win condition but hasn't yet and ending the game, even with no scum left, would be unfair to that player.
4.) There's some kind of bastard hidden win condition wherein the town has to refuse to lynch in order to win or something like that.

You both went from actively posting to going totally silent. I was just prodding to get you both to take a stance one way or the other. I don't think anyone wants to sit around for days on end of nothing happening.

I'd be interested to know whether you agree with numbers and I (and I'd like Pyro to actually agree to it instead of saying he can't see a reason not to, which isn't quite the same thing). You were the first one to take the stance that you wouldn't vote until another night kill, so I can't imagine you would disagree with forcing this to wrap up in the next night + day phase.

I don't know about anyone else, but it sounds like you are trying to start building a case against me based on the fact that I didn't post in agreement to a no lynch right away, and you haven't even seen the night kill yet, almost like you know its going to be you vs. me tomorrow and either Numbers or Zokar (whichever one you decide not to kill) is going to have to make a decision on who to lynch once the rest of us see the kill flavor. I also love how you say you wonder whether zokar and I agree with numbers and yourself when Zokar was the first to put the idea forward.

Whether or not I agreed to it within the first half of the day is a mute point. Once the idea was proposed anyone who disagreed would automatically be labeled as scum and lynched so whoever the scum is would have to agree or face the chopping block. I also assumed that the agreement wouldn't end the day early, just that it would put a hard deadline on the end of the game.

No reason not to vs. agreeing is just symantics. Obviously I would like to have the best chances for a town victory and yes I want the game to wrap up sooner than later, as I'm sure all of the other players who are already dead and are waiting for the new game to start would prefer that as well. So Yes, I agree that the game should be ended within the next night/day phase.

I have a feeling that the one of two things is going to happen. Hopefully a kill will occur of course.

If its incineration flavor then I feel that Numbers is still the most likely to be the last remaining scum regardless of who is killed (today would have been the perfect day to frame him otherwise, I know, WIFOM and all that).

If its of some other flavor then its most likely a SK, based on everything thats happened so far though, it would have to be either me, or Drixx. Either we believe that Drixx is in fact the SK cop and that I'm the SK, or the SK cop claim was just a cover and he has been lying to us the entire time, and we will probably argue about it for the majority of the day phase until one of Numbers or Zokar (whoever is left) makes a decision on which one of us is more likely to be it.

Of course there is some possibility of multiple scum left or some other neutral role, but the above two seem the most likely.

Day has ended with no lynch (frowny face). I'm going to be away for a week on friday so I'm going to skip the night phase and go straight to the last day. All night's action have been submitted and will occur at the start of the last day. So that is right now.

Zokar has been killed. He tried to sneak into the captains quarters. Heavy risk.. but no prize. He has died.

it is now day for 48 hours. 3 alive. 2 to lynch

Ugh. So yes, everything occurred as predicted by pyro! This is super interesting. I would be 100% inclined to think pyro is the SK, except...drixx knows me, and he could have left me alive specifically because he'd feel I'd be less inclined to kill him than zokar would...

I didn't really predict anything. I just pieced it all together. If the kill showed up to be an incineration kill you pretty much had to be it at this point.

If it was a different kill flavor, it would of had to come down to me and drixx without a doubt. Drixx had "cleared" both you and Zokar, so by default I'm the only other possible person. If I had died, Drixx would have been left with two people that had been "cleared" by his own investigation.

I began the game assigned the "Blasto the Jellyfish Stings" box, which was level 1. I opened it on night one and got some text that google showed me was from an in-game easter egg from ME3 of the jellyfish gunning down people and saying "Enkindle THIS!", followed by being told that I had gained new information, followed by line breaks and then a statement that I had learned that the box didn't do anything. Late in the game, you may note that I talked about this because of the "Enkindle THIS!" line and felt that perhaps the box actually told me the scum kill flavor, since scum kills were shown as incineration.

At the same time as I used the blasto box I picked up the "I'll never work for Cerberus, level 1" box. That box told me that I had met the illusive man but only through some quantum something I didn't understand (flavor text) and went on to say that opening the box unlocked something in my mind and I would know exactly where he was the next time he showed his face (more flavor text, paraphrased). It gave me the 2-shot SK cop ability which I used on Numbers the night after the kill he claimed on Laarz and then withheld my second shot until I used it on Zokar and gave the results.

Now, the kill flavor last night. It reads as if Zokar tried to do something and failed. We had an earlier kill with a similar flavor, where someone failed a critical mission. I posit that these two kill flavors may be how the serial killer kills look. They look like "accidents" or situations where the player attempted to do something and failed. There have been at least two ... someone earlier claimed to have had a conversation with someone who died from a self-triggered ability and up until now I had been noting the deaths worded the way today's is as things the player did that backfired.

It's possible that Zokar was a neutral and killed himself last night, but I find it far more probable that what we see is what the SK kill looks like, and I posit that we've seen it before and just didn't realize it. If we feel that the kill is indeed the work of an SK, then that leaves just me or pyro.

The logic for clearly numbers is basically irrefutable to me:
1.) He told us day 1 that his box gave him the info that boxes could change one's alignment.
2.) He took credit for the Laarz kill so quickly after day start, with such a long post, that it's impossible to conclude he didn't know beforehand that the 2nd kill was coming and who it was. This essentially confirms his vig claim, and I investigated him after this and he came up clean for SK.
3.) We were all limited to opening 2 boxes, so he could not have later become the SK by opening a box.

Further, if my theory that we've seen the SK kill before and just didn't realize it is true, then the SK was already in operation so we cannot even make a supposition that someone targeted numbers and turned him into an SK after my investigation.

Since we are in LYLO and must lynch, and since I know I am town and have told the truth throughout the game, and since the kill last night does not appear to be scum flavored (which would point to numbers), and since I cannot find a fault in my evaluation of numbers, then I am left to conclude that Pyro is the serial killer.

Generally the rule on LYLO is not to rush the votes, but at this point the only scenario I can think of where numbers is scum is if there is both a scum and an SK left or Zokar did something that killed himself and Numbers is scum and just didn't kill again and the latter seems completely unlikely, given the way the game has played out.

Therefore, I put the game in Numbers hands.

Vote: Pyrotechnician

Numbers, if you're scum you fooled me the whole game and well played.

2. Pharphis (Critical Mission Failure)
6. FredOfErik (Died trying to prove himself)

Zokar: tried to sneak into captains quarters.

Pharphis self claimed he had opened a box which killed him, so that's not a Sk kill. FoE got sick of taking it, and died trying to prove himself. That one could be a SK kill. FoE had claimed before that he had a vig shot, but the details about there being a chance of him shooting himself came from scum. I might buy your thoughts about the SK being alive for quite some time, and scum cg taking the opportunity to hide from the town the fact that there's another killer out there.

I'll wait to see if pyro has any further thoughts to add, and then I'll vote.

If numbers was scum, the game would be over, so it's conclusively down to Pyrotechnician and me now.

The case against Pyro is pretty strong:

1.) The night phase was skipped, meaning the killer had their kill in early, which means they had the opportunity to set today up with posts before the instant night phase.
2.) Pyro quoted me in a post that was in no way setting up a case against him and tried to spin it into me framing him.
3.) Pyro then predicts that today will come down to Me (claimed SK cop) vs. him. Why was he so certain that both He and I would be alive today? He also lays the frame job in the post by suggesting that I'm really the SK and just faked SK-cop.

I believe point #3 is where Pyro slipped. There was no way for anyone but the killer to be sure that the remaining killer was an SK, and so both his and my survival were not at all a predictable outcome to anyone but the killer.

The last killer being an SK is why I'm still alive instead of Zokar. Since I claimed SK-cop but didn't get a guilty with my 2 tries, the SK can make the claim that I'm actually the SK and just claimed SK cop to cover myself. But it could just as easily have been a scum left and the kill could just as easily have been an incineration and the killer would therefore have had no particular reason to choose Zokar over me.

So ... Pyrotechnician being sure that He and I would be alive today and it would come down to either Numbers or Zokar deciding whom to believe appears to be a major slip, displaying certainty of future events unpredictable to anyone but the killer.

My first box was The man cleaning the toilets is also preparing the meals / Level 3

I opened this box early on night 1. It granted me a 1 shot retaliation (bomb effect) that I could activate during any night phase and on the night that I activated it, if I was targeted for a kill my killer would also die. As you well know I was very reluctant to claim this ability and did not claim it at the same time I claimed the global roleblock. At that time I still had not utilized the ability yet so doing so would only hinder the chances that it would be effective. I claimed what the ability was and the time that I used it after I had utilized the ability. I used this on the night following the night I activated the global roleblock, and I was the lynching vote on a scum. I was hoping the fact that it was still unknown if I had another useful ability, I had just roleblocked their second night, and I was the lynching vote on a scum would be enough to warrant them to target me on that night and figured it was my best chance.

At the same time that I opened the first box I picked up my second box.

My second box was I have a shotgun. Mmmmmaybe we’ll talk later. / Level 3

I opened this box early on night 2. I gained the ability to roleblock all actions for one game phase (either day or night). I used this ability during the second part of the double night phase that we had. When the second night phase was initiated it was clear that the scum were trying to gain a hefty advantage since at the time we had not lynched any scum, and a double night would give them a significant lead. I also believed at the time that you (Numbers) were responsible for FredofErik’s death so I did not think there was a risk of blocking your second vig shot.

Summary, both of my boxes were ability boxes that I opened as soon as possible (Night 1 and Night 2 respectively).

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High