Mass Effect Mystery Box Mafia Game

By the way, as a bit of food for thought: Please re-read the first post and keep in mind Sathoris said this was a bastard game. The word "rewards" is in quotes. Night kill shot is a reward. If scum opens the box and gets one but town opens the box and gets 3, they still got "night kill shot" and thus the same "reward", but the amount of reward was different. The reward itself is the same. So yes, I think that it's important that the game mod put quotes around the word and I think it's possible for the amount of a given reward to be different depending upon alignment.

Nip this in the bud again. This is not a full fledged bastard game. The elements I consider bastard aren't game breaking, just really annoying to the player. Also the contents of the box are exactly the same for any player and alignement. Rewards was put in quotation marks because opening a box may not reward you in the way you want. But you get something for opening your box: a reward.

Unvote: Bad Ash
Vote: Caluin Graye

I agree with the assessment of CG's box play. Of all the people in our meta, I think CG would have the highest chance to pull something like that off and honestly the whole "rescue" of a confirmed townie thing, and the urgency of it needing to be Jcakes (what if we had "rescued" a mafia?) that never made a lot of sense. I kind of went along with it assuming someone in the group had worked out a reason for it to be Jcakes ... but if that someone was CG because he's Scummy McScumerson and knew Jcakes was town... what a great way for CG to get instant and long lasting town credit. "I could have shot someone but instead I confirmed a townie ... who mysteriously is still alive even though mafia hate confirmed townies..." <--- Probably not something CG would say ... at least not the part after the elipses.

Nip this in the bud again. This is not a full fledged bastard game. The elements I consider bastard aren't game breaking, just really annoying to the player. Also the contents of the box are exactly the same for any player and alignement. Rewards was put in quotation marks because opening a box may not reward you in the way you want. But you get something for opening your box: a reward.

I would have just asked, but I didn't want to put you in that position. Since you answered; however, then we have some food for thought:

1.) CG claimed a vig shot, but then it turned bizarre and became a "rescue" of a player I don't think anyone even thought was scum before the whole "but wait, there's more!" reveal from CG.
2.) Numbers claimed (a) vig shot(s), immediately after day start when a 2nd kill actually showed up. Out of all the vig shot claims, his seems to be the only one we know is actually true. We had an extra death and only Numbers was prepared enough to have a huge post ready to go about it.
3.) Bad Ash claimed he would vig shot CG but then just did a fake shot and swears he wasn't lying or something. A bit confused by Bad Ash's super in your face play early followed by super mellow play today.
4.) Someone else claimed a shot ... FredOfErik I think?

This begins to be an impossible to balance scenario if all of these shots could have ended up in scum hands. But if we take the BA claim off the list, then we start to have something that seems at least someone likely:

1.) CG is scum and got the rescue box and played it out excellently to set himself up looking super town (he got my vote!)
2.) Bad Ash lied to make a joke or... not sure what motivated his play actually. Makes him look really bad though.
3.) Numbers is the only confirmed person to get a vig shot. Did he get x-shot vigilante or did he get turned in to a SK or something?
4.) Fourth person claimed to have a shot. I think it was FredOfErik. Same question as about numbers.

If CG only ever had the "rescue" thing and manufactured the whole early day one nonsense for townie points, and there was just a box that made someone an SK and a box that gave someone x-shot vigilante, then all of a sudden this issue of so many vig shots vanishes because there was never more than just the one.

One X-shot vigilante and a Serial Killer would be way easier to balance than all these multiple vigilante boxes people have been theorizing.

I have already said what info my box gave.
To repeat it here would require it just the same.
I instead invite you to go look,
And if need be, write it in your book.

You have not divulged the box you started with. You have not divulged any box you picked up or traded for. You are posting as if post restricted but have not made a claim that your box caused you to be post restricted.

What if we do mass box claim?
If we all tell the truth, what information do we gain?

A mass box claim makes it more likely that everyone tells the truth. That is more than enough gain to do a mass box claim. The more holes that exist - keep in mind there are four dead players, so there are lots of holes we can't fill - the easier it is for mafia to lie. The more holes that exist, the harder it will be to corroborate each others' claims. Using an ability in a non-town way is easy to hide if there is no pressure to divulge the information at all. A mass claim NOW makes it harder for mafia to come up with a better lie in the future.

My actions are pretty obvious to anybody who has read this game.
Yes, my boxes were accompanied by both level and a name.
The outcome to date has me question if I am still sane.

I've read the game, several times, and your actions are still a mystery to me because you have not mentioned them. You are hiding the box you started the game and opened N1. You are hiding the box you picked up N1. You are hiding when you opened the second box. You are hiding whether or not the box gave you a post restriction.

Um Wait. what? Sometimes I think you really overthink things Goryani ..... Why not just trade for a box that was on the shelf?

I was trying to catch mafia behaving as I would behave as mafia. There were two L3 boxes on the shelf at the start of D1. Whether mafia "trade up" or try to manipulate the shelf, I expected more trading with the shelf during the day.

I think 1 min left in the day. I'm not voting for Numbers.

No time for an alternate lynch.

Night is over.

Jcakes took a heavy incineration to the face and died.
FredOfErik got tired of having a gun pushed in his face (I swear I never did that!) and died trying to prove his worth.

Due to Geth involvement with a climate changing device we now have another night for 24 hours. I will be needing any actions as normal.

It is now day for 72 hours.

Nothing has happened. Garrus tried to make a move on Tali but has to wait another installment to get lucky.

Interesting. Fyi all. Im currently at a music festival, ill be catching up and reading everything etc on monday. i shall not be able to respond to anything.

Vote: Ankeli

Hullo hullo hullo! <Enters game like a boss.>

MIyIZoP.gif

Interesting. Fyi all. Im currently at a music festival, ill be catching up and reading everything etc on monday. i shall not be able to respond to anything.

So enough time to make a post and vote. But going to make us wait till Monday to tell us if you did anything with your second vig shot?

You big meanie.

Also hello Noodle. Can't wait for you to start lurking.

I wish Numbers had taken credit for or claimed not to have killed FoE.

That said... My second box was "I'll never work for Cerberus", which gave me the info that I had met the Illusive man and that I would know if he made an appearance. I was given x-shot SK investigation ability. During the first of the two night phases I investigated Cerberus. I was told that he is not the serial killer. It would have been super ironic if he had been though.

So the info I have is that there is a box that will make someone a serial killer. I was told that I would know when TIM (The Illusive Man) shows his face, but I don't know if that's simply flavor text and I'll know becuase of the extra kill (which is what I assumed when I saw Numbers' start of day claim yesterday) or if I'll actually literally be notified when someone cracks the appropriate box.

Anyway ... That's all the infos I have. Anyone want to take credit for the consecutive night phases and/or the non-kill?

Doh ... The reason that Numbers uses the nick "IWantToUseNumbersInMyName" on these forums is because his usual nick is "Cerberus v6.66" so when I say I investigated Cerberus, I was referring to Numbers. Apologies for the inevitable confusion but the irony part should at least be clear now.

I am fairly confident Drixx and numbers are scum. That's all I have the energy for right now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I wish Numbers had taken credit for or claimed not to have killed FoE.

FoE was not killed by Numbers. Freddie killed himself.

On N2, FoE invited me into a permanent Mason chat last night. We didn't talk much, but he did share with me that his kill was only 50/50. Either he killed his target, or the kill backfired and he killed himself.

I think we should consider a mass-claim today.

He hasn't made a full claim yet and he has the most votes. Easy choice.

Not that I disagree with the voting on ankeli. But saying he has the most votes with a total of one is hilarious. No interest in the double night or the nothing happened night?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High