March of the Doomed - Running Thread

No Werebear is what it required. I need the life and defensive bonuses. But I'll make do. Or I'll switch him to something totally different and adapt. It is all good!

Reactions: Babyhell
Can I use insight on a merc if meditation is damned?
The only case would be if you get the skill from an auto-mod, on a scepter for example, and use it as active skill/aura. This would be forbidden. But granted from an item is allowed, hence you can use Insight yourself.

You can farm your Jah for your A1 merc in case Fanaticism is damned ;-)

Reclaiming more of her former life, the traps are flying From DevaZR's hands and the shadow follows her lead.

A glorious Amn dropped from the forge and Diablo fell to a solo dance of DevaZR.
Screenshot004.png

Need diablos damnation
Screenshot005.png
Screenshot006.png

Code:
Act Damnation          Royal Seal used (skill only)
No1 Dragon claw        N
No2 Wake of fire       N
No3 Phoenix strike     N
No4 Venom              N
No5 -                  N

NM1 -                  N
NM2 -                  N
NM3 -                  N
NM4 -                  N
NM5 -                  N

He1 -                  N
He2 -                  N
He3 -                  N
He4 -                  N

Reset used (if any)
Normal    during <Act>
Nightmare during <Act>
Hell      during <Act>

Rich (BB code):
SP SC SR D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level Location                Score
-- -- -- --- ----------        --------------       -----   ----- --------                ----
         D2R Dazliare          Sentinel              Pal    01    Rogue Camp              Higher than Babyhell
         D2R Vang              Swoon                 Bar    81    Guardian                45
         D2R Babyhell          TheDeadman (it.2)     Nec    69    Rogue Camp H            30
SP       D2R Jcakes            Hades                 Nec    52    NM Lut Gholein          21
         D2R D4di56lu3         DevaZR                Asn    34    Harrogath               12
         D2R Vang              Refractor             Dru    19    Lut Gholein             03
SP       D2R Grisu             Karrin                Asn    20    Lut Gholein             03
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to ashes (aka Deeds)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SP       D2R ffs               Pound                 Pal    77    H Claw Viper Temple     39
SP       D2R lizard            Appolonia             Ama    50    The Pit NM              18
         D2R Vang              HoboJones             Dru    46    Pand. Fortress          15
         D2R Babyhell          TheDeadman (it.1)     Nec    22    Arcane Sanctuary        03
         D2R Vang              Cronan                Bar    14    Lut Gholein             06

Last edited:
No Werebear is what it required. I need the life and defensive bonuses. But I'll make do. Or I'll switch him to something totally different and adapt. It is all good!
Druids have it rough - being able to lose access to all your skills from a random werebear on werewolf ban is frustrating. Had I see the original plans I probably would have recommended to @Babyhell to consider werebear and werewolf as passives. i.e. you can still use them if they get banned, but you can't put anymore points in them (a bit like how the random tournaments used to let you put 1pt in them).

If I was to run a druid I think I would try and ignore the shapeshifting tree personally.

Act 3 is done and dusted. Started to use Dim Vision a bit more this act (Gloams with 0 LR are a tad scary but DV sorts them out nicely). Otherwise it was just the same old game play of follow the mercs and skelleys. No real NDEs this act, but the undead stygeon dolls explosions take out about 20% of my life so I had to be slightly careful around them. The one really nice things about being a summoner is they provide a very nice meatsheild for the merc. He has not died once in NM and was even fine against the council.

Had some decent drops this act (string of ears, silkweave, manald and the ward from Meph + a bunch of random sets)

Screenshot178.png
Screenshot179.png

Screenshot180.png

I didn't even bother luring them out really and didn't lose a single skeleton.
Screenshot182.png

Slowed meph - easy mode
Screenshot183.png

Screenshot184.png

Mephisto Damnation Please
Code:
Code:

No1 Corpse Explosion   N
No2 Golem Mastery      N
No3 Attract            N
No4 Blood Golem        N
No5 Iron Golem         N

NM1 teeth              N
NM2 Iron Maiden        N
NM3 -                  N
NM4 -                  N
NM5 -                  N

He1 -                  N
He2 -                  N
He3 -                  N
He4 -                  N

Reset used (if any)
Normal    during <Act>
Nightmare during <Act>
Hell      during <Act>

Hades Level 64 Necromancer Act 4 NM (SP)

Last edited:
Reactions: D4di56lu3
@Jcakes Is Gumby Clay Golem? I am not sure how it got lost to Baal's roll, it should have been on a 24-30 tree meaning 1-9 roll in your case.

Your Mephisto roll is (1-14): 14, Lower Resist.

Yeah, I knew that going in from my previous shapeshifter who died before bouncing to NM.

@Jcakes Is Gumby Clay Golem? I am not sure how it got lost to Baal's roll, it should have been on a 24-30 tree meaning 1-9 roll in your case.

Your Mephisto roll is (1-14): 14, Lower Resist.

Yeah, I knew that going in from my previous shapeshifter who died before bouncing to NM.

should have been iron golem I think I must have made a typo somewhere (I still have CG available)

And just like that Diablo was killedScreenshot189.png
he was a bit harder than Meph and I lost my Merc a couple of times in the fight. THe last time just before he died.

Otherwise Act 4 was relatively easy, all the big open spaces is great for skeletons to spread and surround monsters. Had one NDE with the bats, they do a surprising amount of damage and I was hit by 4 at once. After that I was a bit more careful and no major issues.

Drop wise I got a Lum from helforge, Cloudcrack and Sazabi's helm.

Code:

No1 Corpse Explosion   N
No2 Golem Mastery      N
No3 Attract            N
No4 Blood Golem        N
No5 Iron Golem         N

NM1 teeth              N
NM2 Iron Maiden        N
NM3 Lower Resist       N
NM4 -                  N
NM5 -                  N

He1 -                  N
He2 -                  N
He3 -                  N
He4 -                  N

Reset used (if any)
Normal    during <Act>
Nightmare during <Act>
Hell      during <Act>

Can someone give me a Diablo roll?

March of TheDeadman - iteration 2
Summoning gamble
y9RedIil.png

Trang's gloves!

After a couple of Countess runs without any success (Eth, Ort Eth Tir), decided to level up a bit more in NM, until 74+. Early was found the Trang's gloves, then nothing of interest before getting back to Hell, where Rakanishu's pack dropped a 449def Dusk Shroud.

Had to stop here. I have to tell that without Decrepify, last wave and Baal are much more complicated... but doable, still. Will see if I can handle Andariel without Decrepify and then use the seals as wisely as possible...

Skillwise... yep. 18 points available. Will see if there's a bad Andariel/Duriel damnation combo... Will then dump in Corpse Explosion or Clay Golem. Or Skeletal mages to stick to skellies?

See you on next update!

TheDeadman skills (82) Unused (18)
Rich (BB code):
Summoning (52)
01 Skeleton mastery 20, Raise skeleton 20
06 Clay golem 1
12 Golem mastery 5, Skeletal mage 0
18 Blood Golem 0
24 Summon resist 6, Iron Golem 0
30 Fire Golem 0, Revive 0
Rich (BB code):
P&B (8)
01 Teeth 1, Bone armor 1
06 Poison dagger 0, Corpse explosion 5
12 Bone Wall 1
18 Poison Explosion 0, Bone Spear 0
24 Bone Prison 0
30 Poison Nova 0, Bone Spirit 0
Rich (BB code):
Curses (4)
01 Amplify damage 1
06 Dim vision 0, Weaken 1
12 Iron Maiden 0, Terror 1
18 Confuse 0, Life Tap 0
24 Attract 0, Decrepify 1
30 Lower Resist 0
TheDeadman damnation card
Rich (BB code):
Seals available/used
No Y/N
NM Y/N

No1 Iron Maiden        N
No2 Dim Vision         N
No3 Iron Golem         N
No4 Lower Resist       N
No5 Attract            N

NM1 Poison Dagger      N
NM2 Teeth              N
NM3 Bone Prison        N
NM4 Bone Spirit        N
NM5 Decrepify          N

He1 -                  N
He2 -                  N
He3 -                  N
He4 -                  N

Reset used (if any)
Normal    during <Act>
Nightmare during <Act>
Hell      during <Act>

Rich (BB code):
SP SC SR D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level Location                Score
-- -- -- --- ----------        --------------       -----   ----- --------                ----
         D2R Dazliare          Sentinel              Pal    01    Rogue Camp              Higher than Babyhell
         D2R Vang              Swoon                 Bar    81    Guardian                45
         D2R Babyhell          TheDeadman (it.2)     Nec    74    Stony Field H           30
SP       D2R Jcakes            Hades                 Nec    52    NM Lut Gholein          21
         D2R Vang              Refractor             Dru    19    Lut Gholein             03       
         D2R D4di56lu3         DevaZR                Asn    20    Lut Gholein             03
SP       D2R Grisu             Karrin                Asn    20    Lut Gholein             03
SP       D2R ffs               Pound                 Pal    77    H Claw Viper Temple     39
SP       D2R lizard            Appolonia             Ama    50    The Pit NM              18
         D2R Vang              HoboJones             Dru    46    Pand. Fortress          15
         D2R Babyhell          TheDeadman (it.1)     Nec    22    Arcane Sanctuary        03
         D2R Vang              Cronan                Bar    14    Lut Gholein             06

March of TheDeadman - iteration 2
Summoning gamble
46SBCv0l.png

Last time we meet Andy!

This session was all about questing and grabbing... the damnation. On the way, only pieces of interest were a 3os 9ed Mage Plate, a 4os Dusk Shroud and a set one.

Andy fight was tough... no Decrepify means no skellies, so it costs a bunch of purples (hopefully I stack them anyway), qui some merc revives, and an absurd amount of Clay Golem summonings, and poison damage hopefully isn't too hard to handle - get back to the camp. In the end she eventually fell, now we will see which scar she had to deliver...

Then it will be time to find some better gear, a Monarch would be fine for a second Spirit instead of Homonculus and finally dump my stat points (120 saved!)

The Pits
After Andy and her Terror damnation, decided to run the Pits a bit, and put Corpse Explosion to 15. At this point, the two seals will secure the Decrepify back, and any other core skill I use as they can only be hit by Duriel.

From the 1st run:
Zx9Q5RNl.png

Nice!

However apart from a 5os Flail, nothing else worthy. The Thresher had 1os...

See you on next update!
Edit: damnation is Terror.

TheDeadman skills (84) Unused (10)
Rich (BB code):
Summoning (52)
01 Skeleton mastery 20, Raise skeleton 20
06 Clay golem 1
12 Golem mastery 5, Skeletal mage 0
18 Blood Golem 0
24 Summon resist 6, Iron Golem 0
30 Fire Golem 0, Revive 0
Rich (BB code):
P&B (18)
01 Teeth 1, Bone armor 1
06 Poison dagger 0, Corpse explosion 15
12 Bone Wall 1
18 Poison Explosion 0, Bone Spear 0
24 Bone Prison 0
30 Poison Nova 0, Bone Spirit 0
Rich (BB code):
Curses (4)
01 Amplify damage 1
06 Dim vision 0, Weaken 1
12 Iron Maiden 0, Terror 1
18 Confuse 0, Life Tap 0
24 Attract 0, Decrepify 1
30 Lower Resist 0
TheDeadman damnation card
Rich (BB code):
Seals available/used
No Y/N
NM Y/N

No1 Iron Maiden        N
No2 Dim Vision         N
No3 Iron Golem         N
No4 Lower Resist       N
No5 Attract            N

NM1 Poison Dagger      N
NM2 Teeth              N
NM3 Bone Prison        N
NM4 Bone Spirit        N
NM5 Decrepify          N

He1 Terror             N
He2 -                  N
He3 -                  N
He4 -                  N

Reset used (if any)
Normal    during <Act>
Nightmare during <Act>
Hell      during <Act>

Rich (BB code):
         D2R Babyhell          TheDeadman (it.2)     Nec    76    Lut Gholein H           33
         D2R D4di56lu3         DevaZR                Asn    20    Lut Gholein             03

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High