Mafia game thread

I've never played before so technically I've never won before either! Probably why I like the vote so much :D

well there is no voting today anyway, this is a twilight phase so we can talk but no lynches.

Waiting for goryani or gwaihir to come along and give some brilliant reasoning as to why xxx is scum and we should lynch him tomorrow :p

“The contact team must be prepared for severe psychological impact. Stress reaction when confronted by unknown life form has not been sufficiently studied and cannot be entirely predicted in advance. Most likely consequence of contact is: absolute terror. You’re leaving in twelve hours for the underwater habitat that the navy set up. It’ll be your home for the duration.â€

The unknown life form is possibly the Mafia team?

I am exited for this game, it's my third mafia game and i am getting better at it.

That rubs me the wrong way. And not in a good way.

I get the feeling of maybe a cult or recruiting style mafia based on the story, but it's purely speculation at this point.

@ kestegs, you have to admit that my first two games i played terribly, regardless of what role i had then. I am starting to junderstand the game mechanics a lot more now. And this makes me happy.

@solar- that seems possible, how big would a typical mafia team be with 21 players, 4 or 5?

@ kestegs, you have to admit that my first two games i played terribly, regardless of what role i had then. I am starting to junderstand the game mechanics a lot more now. And this makes me happy.

@solar- that seems possible, how big would a typical mafia team be with 21 players, 4 or 5?

A general rule of thumb is 1:4 players are Mafia. This varies from game to game and mod to mod, though. Roles like Serial Killers, Village Idiots and other Neutral-type roles can be a determining factor in the size of a Mafia Team in a game.

I do not know the specific amount of Mafia in this game, if that is what you are asking.

Send like a comment that would better fit in the sign up thread. do you junderstand where I'm coming from?

well the game has started now and i wanted to know.

Very hard to scumhunt when you cannot vote, and nobody is dead.

waiting for more people to show up

I agree that discussion of the story is very important, but regular scum-hunting hopefully applies.

I guess one thing that might be important to figure out is whether or not these apparent protagonists are actually town or not. I'm nto sure if we can figure all of that out with any ease, though. Also, what the other players in the story might be. Because we don't really have much of a theme to go off of, it seems like mafia may have an easy time making things up (or not?).

Yes, regular scum hunting always applies. As for set up, aliens vs humans seems most likely. I would imagine we will learn more after more story.

So, a Vote: Zod God will count? Sweet.

Maybe if votes counted today. It will be simpler than last game with less misvotes. Doesn't hurt to make it easy on Sath though :p

Waiting for goryani or gwaihir to come along and give some brilliant reasoning as to why xxx is scum and we should lynch him tomorrow :p

Hah, always good to feel wanted! As for theories, there is not much info to go off of yet. Likely have to wait for at least a night phase. Pleased to see that stories give info though, it is fun to try and decode them.

A general rule of thumb is 1:4 players are Mafia. This varies from game to game and mod to mod, though. Roles like Serial Killers, Village Idiots and other Neutral-type roles can be a determining factor in the size of a Mafia Team in a game.

Exactly. Reasonable to expect 4-5 in a game this size, but as stated, this is a very non-standard game. Normal numbers may not apply at all.

I'm still trying to take back 1st in the MFO and failing miserably.

I will pretend I'm the zod god until my title is removed :whistle:

see- quoting and analysing :pwhere is everyone else?
You have now complained several times about a "lack of content". Why are you waiting for others to post their analysis? What is it that you want to analyse and care to give it a go yourself?

i was commenting on gwahir.

And i want people to show up because it's nice to have everyone here, whiel it's in the twilight phase we may as well get to know each other.

"6) Every player gets one lynch vote during the day. Votes and unvotes need to be bolded to count. Use whatever nickname you like as long as it is clear who you’re voting for. Capitalization doesn’t matter."

Thank God For That!!!!!!!!!!

Say goodbye to fake votes.

I'm too occupied by the MFO. Don't really have much to add, though. I agree that discussion of the story is very important, but regular scum-hunting hopefully applies.

I guess one thing that might be important to figure out is whether or not these apparent protagonists are actually town or not. I'm nto sure if we can figure all of that out with any ease, though. Also, what the other players in the story might be. Because we don't really have much of a theme to go off of, it seems like mafia may have an easy time making things up (or not?).

I wonder how much more informed they are of the plot and characters involved.

I fear that the story will, in fact, prevent us from doing much scum hunting. I can see people focusing half a day phase on the story alone.

I get the feeling of maybe a cult or recruiting style mafia based on the story, but it's purely speculation at this point.

This whole story sounds familiar. Next thing we know, one of the protagonists will get on the ship, meet one of the original crew and refer to him as an ancient Greek god. (If you didn't get that one, you're not a true sci-fi fan)

And i want people to show up because it's nice to have everyone here, whiel it's in the twilight phase we may as well get to know each other.

You seem to be all over the place today. Any particular reason you're so eager and excited?

I'll be too busy with the MFO today to contribute much.

Has anybody read the book or watched the film the story is based on?

I fear that the story will, in fact, prevent us from doing much scum hunting. I can see people focusing half a day phase on the story alone...

I did notice Noodle isn't playing this time. I'll miss his humor, and ability to "fake" vote.

I agree the story should derail things quite properly. This crowd seems able to get on the tangent train with little help.

On the other hand I'll be a perfect little non-spammer, which sux since BadAsh won't be here to yell at me for spamming.

I'll be too busy with the MFO today to contribute much.

Has anybody read the book or watched the film the story is based on?

Second time I've seen MFO......whut iz it??

Isn't that a good thing? Correct me if I am wrong, but the only people that benefit from fake votes are mafia.

I fear that the story will, in fact, prevent us from doing much scum hunting. I can see people focusing half a day phase on the story alone.
It doesn't have to, but it definitely could.

You seem to be all over the place today. Any particular reason you're so eager and excited?

I agree, not sure what to make of Mal. He did single out two people in particular (Goryani and Gwaihir) again not sure what to make of it.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High