Low Level Dueling: Come one, come all!

Re: Low Level Dueling: Come one, come all!

Well, I am almost done making revisions on my kicker (my ISO thread is a bit slow, but oh well). I would be up for some duels Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday.

OK I'm getting interested. Wether I have time to play or not is a different matter though, but I may well build some characters.

Anyone got any links to build guides? Obviously I'm mainly interested in assassin builds :rolleyes:

OK I'm getting interested. Wether I have time to play or not is a different matter though, but I may well build some characters.

Anyone got any links to build guides? Obviously I'm mainly interested in assassin builds :rolleyes:

Is this the same person who subtlely put down LLD in his latest PvP thread? :tongue:

Last edited:

Well, I am almost done making revisions on my kicker (my ISO thread is a bit slow, but oh well). I would be up for some duels Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday.

I'm available.

Here is a kicker guide from the assassin forum. I wouldn't think you really need a guide, though.

If you want to make a trapper, get +2 trap claws (or something else if you prefer) and juggle your gear choices between +skills (traps), IAS, FCR, mana, etc.

If you want to make a kicker, decide whether you want lvl18 or lvl24 dragon talon, what frame rate you want for your kicks, how you want to balance OW/Venom/CB/damage, and build accordingly. Zhao's kicker piled on OW and has lower damage; mine has been going for higher damage and venom. Zhao's uses BoS to hit his breakpoint; mine was using a 70IAS claw so I could use fade at max kicking speed (although I think I will change that).

If you want to make something else, experiment and have fun. :D

I haven't seen any trappers yet, if that interests you. You'd have to run the numbers on the damage. You have 33 skill points to work with at lvl30.

BTW max I sent you a PM, since I don't think we are allowed to post links to competing forums.

Edit: un-suggested

Last edited:

We had duels yesterday evening and this evening with good turnouts both times. I brought in a charger/smiter hybrid for both days and got to face a variety of matchups.

My charger was strong at medium range, often taking out opponents in 1 or 2 hits. He's good at coming in an initiating attacks, but excels at mowing down players that choose to run away. However because of a lower life pool and weaker secondary attack, he's somewhat fragile when opponents choose to stand toe-to-toe with him.

He's a strong build in a free-for-all environment, as charge + vigor gets him moving around at a phenomenal rate. He can be cheap with hit and run attacks - I usually spot 2 or more opponents busy with each other and I can swoop in for some unfair hits. :crazyeyes:

vs Concentrate Barb: A difficult matchup, max block + high defense + high life almost nullifies charge's effectiveness. Smiting at close range is also a bad option as the barbs durability usually allows him to outlast me.
vs Bowazon: This build dominates them, charge overcomes them when they have their bow out, and smite keeps them pinned down if they choose to walk with their shield switch.
vs V/T: I only faced him once, but I made the mistake of going smite on smite with him and didn't have a chance.
vs 2H Charger: My build used a shield so my opponent didn't have a chance and mostly tried to avoid me.
vs Bone Necro: Bone spirits made closing in difficult, so I had move in carefully. I tried smite lock him, but he somehow he could still counter attack.
vs Kicker: There was quite a few of them as this builds is quickly becoming more popular. I had to rely mostly on charge to stand a chance, as going kick vs my weaker smite would quickly be the end of me. She also had the option of using Dragon Flight when I was in a charge motion, and if connected did good damage.
vs Fissure Druid: He unfortunately had a very low life pool, so couldn't take any punishment.

It's a shame we didn't get a chance at some team duels, but perhaps tomorrow more duels will be available.

Got the link, many thanks Z_Y.

Is this the same person who subtlely put down LLD in his latest PvP thread? :tongue:

I don't think I was very subtle about it at all :) I just prefer PvP week to focus on high level duelling, mainly as I'm not convinced by the argument that LLD brings more people into the HLD games. But as a bit of fun in it's own right, why not?

I have a few questions before I will join
I need help with gear, I am too lazy to think about that

How much jewels in gear will make a difference between char with perfect ones in his gear and char with common jewels in gear

What weapons you are usually using for typical melee builds as melee druid, charger/smiter and some barb. If there is a quite lot of rare or magic stuff.

how many life you usually have with some chars? paladin, barb, assasin
e.g. 300 or 500 or 700?

teleport sorceress are allowed or not? Is max FRW limited to 110% as in GM HLD duels?

if somethink else will cross my mind I will let you know with other questions :)

thanks for answers

Perfect vs Common jewels will make a little difference, but most of us don't have perfect jewels afaik. It really comes down to strategy in the end.

Honor is a common weapon in LLD, Shael'd (6 shael war axe for bears) and Jewel'd are too. It really depends on the character. All levels of rarity are found in LLD.

Sorceress, Necromancer, non-shape-shifter druids, Paladin and Assassin usually have 700-1000 I think. Barbarians and Shape-Shifters have at least 1000, usually more.

So far teleport is allowed and there aren't any restrictions on FRW.

Jewels make a huge difference if you have enough really good ones. I'm fairly certain that's not the case with anyone just quite yet though.

As far as hit points, my amazon got 500-600 with base vitality, but you could probably get to around 800-1200 with any character and maybe 2000 with a barbarian.

Jewels: I have been pretty successful and have not yet used a single jewel on any character I play. Some characters would benefit more from jewels than others, of course -- it would make a big difference on a zealot or fury druid, I am sure.

Life: My T/V has ~1000 life; my kicker has ~800.

This thread has dropped to the 4th page, how could you let that happen jkr?

Anyone interested in a shindig either Saturday evening or Sunday? I still have to try out 3 more classes.

i may be able to join y'all. i have rushed and partially leveled a pally. think i have most of the gear too (except a damn vipermagi). i also will probably be at a friend's house with reliable internet. i've not joined a MP game successfully except for on my own machine so i may need assistance.

ps. i've been meaning to ask. would it be acceptable to hell rush our characters as long as they dont gain anything from it such as more skills, stats, or resist scrolls? i really could use the socket quests and the rush character could probably use a decent rune or two from forges. if not no biggie, i'm just trying to limit the number of SC characters i make. although, i guess i wouldnt be able to get him to hell anyway without a glitcher...

i may be able to join y'all. i have rushed and partially leveled a pally. think i have most of the gear too (except a damn vipermagi). i also will probably be at a friend's house with reliable internet. i've not joined a MP game successfully except for on my own machine so i may need assistance.

If you could join that would be cool. Having a LLD guru giving us the beatdown should be a good learning experience. :thumbup:

I'll give you a vipermagi if you need one, just PM me your email addy.

crawlingdeadman said:
ps. i've been meaning to ask. would it be acceptable to hell rush our characters as long as they dont gain anything from it such as more skills, stats, or resist scrolls? i really could use the socket quests and the rush character could probably use a decent rune or two from forges. if not no biggie, i'm just trying to limit the number of SC characters i make. although, i guess i wouldnt be able to get him to hell anyway without a glitcher...

I would think so as I have being doing the same thing. Most of my builds were converted from old vlld builds which in turn were old Hellforge rush mules.

I think if you join an MP quest game, you could easily power up a rusher in an afternoon of play.

I may be able to squeeze in some play time this weekend after work. Next week i should definitely have time. Can't wait to try out my new barb helm :D

My paladin is almost ready, I only need to put points where necesary and I need to put gear on
for now he is only level 30 with all free skill points and stats :)
so saturday or sunday evening good enough for me I hope

I'll be ready!

@crawlingdeadman: by all means. Just don't get the extra quest rewards and you are fine.

@bassano: what build? Hammerdin? Charger? Zealot? Smite? FoH?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High