Low Level Dueling: Come one, come all!

Re: Low Level Dueling: Come one, come all!

What loss of 20 resists? If you are talking about Anya, the bug renders it irrelevant. I have deliberately avoided Anya on my characters thus far so as not to be misled by the LCS.

OK, what is this about the Anya bug and LCS???

I remember it that way: if you die in the game [highlight]you completed the quest[/highlight], you lose the bonus resistances UNTIL THE END OF THAT PARTICULAR GAME ONLY. [highlight](It's been pointed out by frozzzen and Nagisa that the highlighted part is wrong)[/highlight]

Save and Exit, and the resistances are back. Unless there were some new developments in that respect since 2008 that I've never heard of, but I chatted about it with omg, Nagisa and Tank recently, and neither of them heard about it either, which I find really hard to believe.

--Greebo

Last edited:

It's not really like this. If you die, and you have completed save Anya quests (nor,nm,hell)
you loose 30 allresists until end of that particular game. Like you said. In PvP that would mean rejoining after every death. And you will die a lot :p
That's why Anya bug is problematic for PvP. After first death you play with -30 resists and your gear should have +175 allress instead of 145 allress for PvM (where you rarely die and you can count on those 30 allress from ress scrolls )

If you take out "in the game you completed the quest", your sentence is correct, ie. you temporarily lose the resistances in any game in which you die.

So in a PvP context, the LCS displays your resists incorrectly except in the circumstance in which you have not yet died. This is perfectly consistent with my statement, so far as I can tell.

i think that i was misunderstood. in saying that losing the 20 resists (and the stats) was more of a blow to the melee doesnt mean that i think the loss is great or that they're a deal breaker to not have them. what i said was that the loss affects melee more than casters which it does. casters have more gear slots that can have res (viper) and they generally have lower item reqs.

fact is casters are easier to make and gear at all levels of pvp (and pvm for that matter) than melee. it's the way the game is set up. i'm not saying you cant easily make a melee character. i am saying that with the same effort you put in to one to make it good is far greater than the effort it takes to make a caster good.

We had some good duels today. As promised, I scrapped my hammerdin. I replaced him with a V/T (FoH/Smite) that worked pretty well. He's definitely a keeper.

I faced a blade fury assassin, a kicker assassin, a blizzard sorceress, a frozen orb sorceress, a berserker barbarian, and a bear druid. I think I'll get an assassin of my own going next. Looking forward to more duels!

I was the Blizzard Sorceress, she did alright. Namelock Blizzard for runners, Blizzard infront and Ice Blast for close opponents. Although players were running out of Blizzard's AoE more often than I expected, I wonder if there was shrinkage in the skill for 1.13. =P

jkr's V/T gave me a run for my money, he used to desync well to mask his position on screen so I had a hard time namelocking him.

Anyone up for some duels tonight?

I'll be up for some duels. I have to run to the DMV, but I'll check this afternoon before dinner.

On Friday, I tried a Whirlwind Barbarian. High life and decent damage, a pretty solid build. Catching up to people wasn't too bad, but trying to hit people running/charging away was a bit troublesome. I had to rely a lot on desync whirlwind to catch people by surprise, but I guess I needed to do more short whirls on top of them to keep the pressure up before they escaped.

vs jkr's V/t: He tried to shift smite, but my duel wielding range 3 weapons was his undoing. He had to rely on FoH to chip away at me.
vs pyro's 2H Charger: No block unfortunately made him a really soft target, but he did manage to 1 hit kill me, doing over 1.2k damage.
vs pyro's Poison Zon: A difficult character to handle, it was mostly chasing him as his poison did damage. Max block + dodge + walk away made it difficult for me to land a good string of whirlwinds. When I duel wielded to have some Open Wounds, he got smart and starting plucking away from a far with Guided Arrow.

Anyone for some matches tonight? I have a new kicker I'd like to try out.

Indeed. I will spend an hour at the gym before dinner, but after dinner I will be free.

Public Service Announcement: SlowMG is going to build a character that uses more than 200 poison damage from equipment. He thinks the rule is stupid. We are therefore suspending the rule unless he proves to us that it was there for a good reason. :p

We are therefore suspending the rule

1289753611183.jpg

as long as there are moar EPIX BATTOLZ! I don't mind, make me green.

*sees everyone stash death's gloves*

in other news the character i've been grinding through to rush a few lld characters is nearly done so if i get lucky with some gear for a character, i'll be able to rush it.

ps. can you rush without the DLL via fast user switching?

Yesterday I brought in a kicker - Moves fast, attacks fast, it's the runner's works nightmare. I have a need for speed, so I enjoyed using her. There was a good variety of different builds in the moor that night.

vs Concentrate Barb: A very durable and hard hitting build, he gave my kicker a hard time. I had to switch to the Strenght claw and put on a second Angelic ring to stand toe to toe with him.
vs Bowazon: Easy for the kicker to deal with, having tools to deal with all of the zon's options.
vs Firewall Sorc: A frightning character, 1 full firewall could take me out even with 75 resist. However the area of effect of fw is deceptively small so easy to avoid. She was hard to catch, but with Malice, I could 1 hit and bleed her out.
vs V/T: Dealing with FoH wasn't so bad but smite gave me problems. I think I was too aggressive and forgot to switch to my prebuffing claw/claw to take advantage of claw block.
vs Bonemacer: He didn't have clay golem, so I could just swoop in with impunity. He was also hampered with the lack of max block.
vs Kicker: At one time we had a 3 way kicker ffa. A pretty even match between us all, it'd boiled down to positioning.
vs Maul Bear: A good tanking character however I think Maul is an interruptable skill. I would would see him do a flurry of attacks but they would not register on me.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High