Low Level Dueling: Come one, come all!

Re: Low Level Dueling: Come one, come all!

I should be able to get a char or two to level 30 before the weekend. Now I just have to think of an appropriately ridiculous failtastic build... :badteeth:

Got a bear ready to go. He could really use some chew toys :grin:

Anyone up for some fun in about an hour?

what's the make up melee/caster wise?

Right now it's 1 hybrid zon, 2 melee druids, and 1 hammerdin.

Good duels today, even if they were a little lopsided. The hammerdin and druids were seriously lighting things up. :badteeth: Hope to see more people around. The other three were using pretty common gear (mostly easy to find sets/uniques/socketables/socketing material), but really gave me a heck of a lot of trouble at times.

For comparison's sake (I'm looking at your hybrid, jdkerr), my hybrid's LCS: Javelin//Bow. Aside from those, it's just Rogue's Bow, Peasant Crown, Death's Hand/Guard, Sander's Riprap, Angelic Wings/Halo, a generic ring with lots of mana, and some charms with damage. Nothing too special.

Does anyone have input on how viable a kicksin might be at this kind of level? Doesn't seem to great unless it's some kind of CB/OW build, but just tossing it out there.

What the crap, Nagi?

And I thought my paladin was doing well!

I'll try to put up a game tonight at a time that's a bit more suitable to Europeans (or join if someone else beats me to it).

My char won't be able to hurt anyone, but at least he can take a few hits...

i have some insight into 30 kicker, but take it with a grain of salt, it's been a while since i had to know the specific break points and such. there are more than a few options for kicksins too, i went with the easiest to obtain one back when i made mine. go for lvl 24 kicks. use fade. hit a good ias break w/o BoS.

1sin/life circlet 2os socketed with rubies
angelic ammy
+skill/ias blade talons sockted with shaels (i think mine is 1sin/20ias with one shael. you have some leeway with ias)
upped rubied twitch
rhyme grim shield
2ma/10ias/good mods gloves
angelic rings
string of ears
rare war boots. fhr is a good thing to get here as well as some frw. i also like mine to be eth/repair for the less stat req. eth doesnt add damage, just lowers req.

switch
2x +2 shadow claws for prebuff

in stash i have an upped pair of gtoes for high life bears/barbs since crushing is great.

as i said there are many ways to go with a kicksin. a caster killer with claw block, a better range weapon and some tweaks to gear to get more crushing blow.

edit: i should have saved myself a lot of repetition over the years and made a 30 kicker guide. here's some links i found of me repeating the same thing over and over. there's other info in there too though, check em out. the first thread in particular has a good write up by zangief a few posts down.

http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=717045&highlight=twitch
http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=659985&highlight=twitch
http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=608740&highlight=twitch
http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=601993&highlight=twitch

I have a sorceress ready and a character of every other class waiting at level 30 for gear and build decisions.

My BF assassin is nearly leveled. Her skills and stats will be a bit haphazard for the first few duels, but hopefully those crushing defeats will tell me what to do with her respec.

Sorc is next for leveling.

I have a charger already, and I was thinking of making a hammerdin and/or a whirler. Maybe I'll make a kicker a la cdm.

I'd like to have a druid or a necro, too.

I've managed to get 4 classes to 30, still working on the gear/builds (I guess you always are, technically).

@SnickerSnack whirlers are pretty tough to make unless you have a WW helm. I've found Bloodletter's range to be much too small for pvp. But if you have one, go for it!

@SnickerSnack whirlers are pretty tough to make unless you have a WW helm. I've found Bloodletter's range to be much too small for pvp. But if you have one, go for it!

Hmmm, I hadn't thought of that. I do have some fairly nice helms with +1 barb skills, and I have 2 SoJ, so maybe that will be enough. Thanks for pointing it out though. I'll probably try to trade for a good helm then.

I don't have any intention of coming back to SC play, but this is absolutely perfect for me to find decent MLD gear (definitely not SoJs if I find any though) to move from HC to SC to duel with. You can expect to see me attempt to get a few characters together within the next few months. Hopefully the luster has worn off by then :D.

@Snicker: SoJ might not be a good idea for a WW barb, given the MDR bug.

@Snicker: SoJ might not be a good idea for a WW barb, given the MDR bug.

Hmmmm. Well, I'll probably just try to trade for a ww helm then.

In other news, my bfsin is at lvl 27, so I should be up for some duels saturday.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High