Introduction Thread: sir_cyclops

sir_cyclops

Jan 4, 2019
Hello! :)

I'm sir_cyclops. I've been playing d2 since v1.08. I played for 3-4 years back then (I played on US West and then East). I loved 1.09 bowazons with 40 hexes x-P

Since then I've came and went with d2 many times through the years. I was mainly on d2jsp (same account name). I recently started playing again in the last year after I convinced Luhkoh (also just did an intro threat) to play d2 for the first time ever. Now he's as addicted as the rest of us. I've watched a ton of mrllamasc. He's awesome.

In the last few months of playing, I primarily used the p-word mod. Luhkoh and I love the community and content on here so much that we're willing to completely restart from scratch with diabloii's ruleset. Excited to get started.

I can't devote more than an hour or two a night to playing. My goals for 2019 are:
- Untwinked 99er sorc started and level 90.
- Use her to farm on the beginnings of a grail (what's a realistic goal? -50?)
- Eth 4os elite polearm for insight and then...
- Infinity
- Mat a kick/ds sin (is there a fun nickname for a kicker/ds trap hybrid build?) because sins are my favorite class

Edit: forgot to mention that I LOVE lld. When I’ve played in the past I’ve always llded. I was a huge user of lld101 back in the day. Hopefully some of you were too!

Last edited:
Welcome to the SPF. Nice intro thread, just like the one of your friend !!

A kicker / trapper hybrid is called a Dancer.

Welcome to the SPF!

A realistic dent to put in the grail depends on what you will be doing. Planning to MF a lot? You should get past -50. Mostly mat/pat/guardian? Not so much.

*swipes pants* This is all part of the SPF welcome, don't be afraid. Unless you go into the bar, then you should be afraid.
I definitely plan to mostly grail and then mat my assassin when tired of mfing.

Welcome to the SPF. Nice intro thread, just like the one of your friend !!

A kicker / trapper hybrid is called a Dancer.
Thanks! We’re happy to join the community. Nice! Well the goal is to not use LS so she’s not a light dancer... I’ll call her a death dancer.

Welcome to the fray!

I'd say that grail-50 is pretty easily doable in a year. Now, doing it all with an assassin, that would be a feat...

May all your drops be green and gold (and orange)!

*Kicks shins*
Thanks jamez! I'm glad to know it's achievable. Excited to get her up and going. I don't start playing until feb 1 due to some life stuff, but I'm chomping at the bit.

Welcome, and glad that you joined the untwinked 99er challenge!

If you focus on the untwinked 99er, that should provide significant progress toward the grail. Most people who focused on the grail along the way were >470 found by the time the character reached 99.

Or you can have two entries in the untwinked challenge. :) I found having more than one entry helped keep me engaged because there was always the option of switching up when certain runs with the other character got tedious.

Welcome, and glad that you joined the untwinked 99er challenge!

If you focus on the untwinked 99er, that should provide significant progress toward the grail. Most people who focused on the grail along the way were >470 found by the time the character reached 99.

Or you can have two entries in the untwinked challenge. :) I found having more than one entry helped keep me engaged because there was always the option of switching up when certain runs with the other character got tedious.
Thanks! We’ll see if I do untwinked on my assassin. I’m considering single pass, untwinked or just untwinked. Butttt if I find a stormlash on my 99er sorc before the sin has beaten hell, I’m not sure I could resist putting it on her. It’s for that same reason I wouldn’t want to commit the assassin to untwinked 99er.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High