Forum Mafia: Keep your friends close...

Re: Forum Mafia: Keep your friends close...

I agree with modkills for inactive, with 18 players theres bound to be atleast one.
As for a lynch, im going to suggest that we simply talk it out and see what reactions turn out, maybe we get lucky and someone slips. Just make sure you think before pointing fingers, last round Bad Ash almost got lynched due to a mestake like this.

Hey all...

Thundercat - mistake you say!! Some would say it was the devilishly handsome mafia masterstroke last round! :thumbup:

Anyway to this round - seems a standard rolecall at the moment - europe is starting to hit night time so we will be quieter over the coming hours - Sitro seems straight out of the blocks with a nice breakdown - points the finger at Gorny early too. Hmm - will keep an eye on you sir!

Hopefully everyone logs on and we can get the flash light on the scum, with some lively discussion.

Last round I mod-killed both Gorny and GuardianHadriel. Both identities were revealed to the group.

To help Turtle out:
A basic game is Mafia vs. Townies.
Mafia wins when all townies are dead.
Townies win when all mafia are dead.

Each day phase the whole community can choose to vote to lynch someone. Once that happens their identity will be revealed to everyone.

Each night phase the mafia may talk with each other and decide to kill someone. The target's role then gets revealed to the mafia members.

Along with these basic teams there might be other power roles assigned to people. The most common are cops (townie that gets to investigate one person each night), Doc (gets to save one person from a night kill each night), and a bus driver (gets to switch two people each night).

I admit I might not have been the most strict of hosts, letting my desire of writing epic stories of night kills reveal people's roles and such, but those are the general rules.

Anyway, There's not enough suspicion to be weary of anyone just yet. I suppose the most we can do right now is wait for someone to hopefully slip up.

I also want to add that starting in the day phase would give us nothing to work with, giving that power-roles such as investigative cops won't have suspicions over anyone that they decided to investigate. Starting in the day phase gives us nothing, while starting at night will at least give us something to work with.

I also want to add that starting in the day phase would give us nothing to work with, giving that power-roles such as investigative cops won't have suspicions over anyone that they decided to investigate.

o_O really? is someone hinting at a power-role this early in the game?

Well the game's started off quite nicely again, 5 pages already...

First of all: welcome to the new players, I hope you enjoy your stay.

Second: about inactives being modkilled or not. I think they should be, if a townie is inactive and the town would want to get rid of him (this is neccesary, because otherwise, near the end of the game the inactive townie could cause an impossibility to seal a lynch) they would lose both a townie AND a chance to lynch a mafia.

Whether or not the inactive's role (if he has one) is supposed to be revealed, I think it's a good thing. Not sharing it brings too much confusion in the game.

Don't have anything else to say yet.

I also want to add that starting in the day phase would give us nothing to work with, giving that power-roles such as investigative cops won't have suspicions over anyone that they decided to investigate. Starting in the day phase gives us nothing, while starting at night will at least give us something to work with.

on the other hand, it gives power roles a better idea of who they should target in the first night.

Still, I don't think starting in day is beneficial to the town.

Oh jeez, starting in the day threw me off! I could have been posting and I just assumed it wouldn't be until monday that I could start things off.

Day one without a first night phase is really a bad position for us townies. No nightkill to even give us an inkling to go on. At least we get a full day of mafia that can't communicate with each other. This will hopefully lead to some comments today that can be used later on to incriminate the guilty.

Hey all...

Thundercat - mistake you say!! Some would say it was the devilishly handsome mafia masterstroke last round! :thumbup:

Anyway to this round - seems a standard rolecall at the moment - europe is starting to hit night time so we will be quieter over the coming hours - Sitro seems straight out of the blocks with a nice breakdown - points the finger at Gorny early too. Hmm - will keep an eye on you sir!

Hopefully everyone logs on and we can get the flash light on the scum, with some lively discussion.

Did i miss something? I never saw Sitro pointing any fingers at Gorny.

He highlighted a contradiction in 2 of Gorny's posts

SiTro said:
In the first post, the game is only an hour old but he is calling out the 12/18 players who have yet to post by that point. The second post shows that he is aware that not all of them have necessarily checked the forums yet and realised the game is active. Not really sure what to make of this, other than it relegates the first point to more of a "checking in" statement.

Well check post 22 - its not as serious as pointing the finger I may have went overboard there but he questions his post content.

because you didnt get an nk? :whistling:

you're confusing 'beneficial to the town' with 'beneficial for yourself' :p

no, I mentioned it in the sign-up thread already, the chance of town killing a mafia without ANY night info is so slim that after night 1 (where the game normally starts) we'll most probably just have 2 less townies rather that only 1 (had the game started at night).

My apologies Ivan, i must have skipped over that post.

It's hard to say whether a lynch today would be beneficial. power roles have not had a chance to do anything, so lynching and hitting a townie does not give us any additional info. and the chances of hitting a mafia? we would need to know how many of them there are, but given that this is an 18 person game, I expect anywhere from 3-6.

With such a large amount of players, we can't overlook the possibility of another faction that might have their own motives. If that's the case there would be less mafia to balance out the numbers for another group. If there is another team involved, I would assume there to be probably:
3 mafia
3 other faction
12 townies

with the possibility of the other faction being able to kill each night as well.

Also, if I remember correctly, Ankeli stated in the signup thread that he has come up with a few unique roles. If that is the case, there would be more or less mafia, depending on the alliance of said-unique roles:

Power-mafia roles -> less mafia
Power-townie roles -> more mafia

I think 6 is a bit much. I also think there will be a 3rd party in a game this big.
So 3-4 mafia+ an SK would be descent.

Ankeli said he made some intersting roles, so the mafia/SK could get some special stuff, making them more powerful.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High