Forum Mafia: Keep your friends close...

Ankeli1

Oct 11, 2004
Forum Mafia: Keep your friends close...

The Rules

1) You do not talk about your role outside this thread.

2) If you post at night I will kill you.

3) If you edit your post I will kill you (This includes editing for spelling mistakes)

4) If your role allows you to communicate with others during the night, feel free to do so via PM, instant messaging or any other form you choose. Only those roles expressly allowed to communicate privately with each other at night are allowed to. If you have any questions, contact me privately.

5) Once you're dead, stay that way. Dead people tell no tales, or in this case, dead people make no posts. Suck up your death and keep watching and rooting for your team. There's always the next round.

6) Votes and unvotes need to be bolded . If your unvote isn't bold, it doesn't count. The votes and unvotes must be as follows:

Vote: Name
Unvote: Name

Anything else won't be tallied towards the lynch. If you try to cheat with ; or whatever else, feel free to, just hope the others won't catch you doing so. :)

7) The required number of votes to seal a lynch for the day is equal to one half the remaining number of people alive (rounded up) plus 1. Once someone reaches this number of votes, they will be lynched no matter what; however, the day will still continue to its scheduled conclusion. Half rounded up equals a lynch, but no lock, so the lynchee has until the days end to persuade the town otherwise.

8) Never post anything in the thread that shouldn't be known to the town. Don't flame in the thread. If you have a problem with anything in the thread, please PM me and I'll do my best to handle it.

9) Any player may claim any role. I.E. Any player may claim to be something that they are not. However,

10) Do not post any information sent to you in a pm. If you want to claim a role, don't copy paste the PM I sent you. If you're a townsfolk aka regular forum member, the only person you should be pm'ing (no private aim or msn conversations between each other) is me. Mafia can pm between themselves (or talk on msn or aim) only during the night.

11) I won't be telling you the starting roles, upon lynch that persons role will be revealed, people that get nk'd will have their roles revealed by default.

12) Read the rules once more. Have Fun!

13) Day lasts 48 hours and night lasts 24 hours.

14) Do not post at night or edit or I will kill you. Srsly. K?

The game will start at 9pm gmt+3, I forgot that it's summer time so I'm running 3 hours ahead Greenwich. That's 20 minutes short of 9 hours from the time on this post.

I'll send out roles a few minutes before the game starts.

The game will start with a day phase, differing from the last few games we've had.

Read the rules once again, and have fun :)

the only edit I want to see in this thread: Gorny or Orphan, stickify ^_^
Oh, and spam in the signup thread, not here.

Last edited:
Re: Forum Mafia: Keep your friends close...

The roles are out, let the games begin. (60 second wait between sending a pm SUCKS!)

Here's a poop story I promised. :yes:

Greetings. I'm Todd, I work as the Public Informant, a modern day town crier if you will, in Wilmington, NC, just outside the River Entrance to Cape Fear. This is my story.

Wilmington is best known as a major center of American film and television production, motion pictures such as Blue Velvet, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, 28 days and the notorius The Crow, which ended Brandon Lee's life, were produced here. Let's not forget Matlock either.

In 2009, 24 Murders or non-negligent cases of Manslaughter were reported within Wilmington's City Limits, per the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Uniform Crime Reports. However, on July 13, Wilmington's newspaper, the StarNews reported the first murder of the year took place Sunday, July 12. This though, was only the beginning as we were about to find out...

It is now Day 1, go about your business. Good Luck and most of all, Have FUN!

edit: If someone has questions or didn't receive their role, PM me. I'll hang on for a while now and try to check back before going to sleep.

Fifteen minutes and no action. Is everyone avoiding posting because of aman's "first person to post is mafia" rule? :grin:

Quite surprised it took this long for a post to appear, well done SiTro.

Not much goin on, I must have messed up the times i thought it wouldn't start for another 20 minutes. Me and timezone conversions doesn't compute I guess.

BTW Ankeli, can we get a full player list in this thread?

Not much goin on, I must have messed up the times i thought it wouldn't start for another 20 minutes. Me and timezone conversions doesn't compute I guess.

BTW Ankeli, can we get a full player list in this thread?

I posted in the signup thread that I had to run (like NOW), so that's why the early start took place.

Player list (I forgot, sorry):

asrrin
crowd control
noammr
dloveswe
krazeyivan
aman
gorny
bad ash
sitro
wickedswami
orphan
thundercat
ludacris
turbulentturtle
leopold stotch
noodle
bod trader
marahumm

Fifteen minutes and no action. Is everyone avoiding posting because of aman's "first person to post is mafia" rule? :grin:

Yes and I wanted to produce a Mafia table according to this, but since that's pathetic I'll just leave it be.

Code:
Name			Mafia Points
Crowd Control		1

Mafia points is serious business!

Yeah to the Mafia to look less suspicious it is.

or for you to tell maffia that it makes them les suspicious and then making you less suspiciou?

Hmmm...

Not sure this early in the game.

I'd like to hear from the others that have not been on yet.

Regardless, seems to be an interesting game. We've got 18 people so...

One question I'd like to put to everyone is: What are we going to do in the event that someone just does not show up and post? Vote for a lynch or wait on it and ask for a modkill/or some other sanction?

Aman, could you use a different title for your points system? Like, say, "Scum points" or "Pale Imitation of Mafia Points Points" or something. Second rate versions will only make me more depressed than I am now.

Starting with a day phase is interesting. I've been out of touch for a while, has this been done in a Mafia round in the CF before? I don't think it was used in any round I've seen before.

My initial thought was that it makes it harder for the town. Starting with an nk is regrettable, but it at least means we start off with some information. We'll need to work harder with any information we find today as a result.

However, it's not easy on the mafia either. Night 1 is key for them as it lets them get the first kill in as I said before, but they also need to discuss some kind of strategy and work out how to play the first day. Working out acceptable mafia/townie lynch ratios, highlighting danger players etc. Since we've started immediately they can't do that.

I'm assuming that the mafia members know who each other are, but have not been able to discuss anything between themselves yet.

Ludacris: On balance, how do you think starting with a day phase affects the town and mafia?

Crowd Control: Under these circumstances, with so little information to go on, would you support the use of random voting?

Hmmm...

Not sure this early in the game.

I'd like to hear from the others that have not been on yet.

Regardless, seems to be an interesting game. We've got 18 people so...

One question I'd like to put to everyone is: What are we going to do in the event that someone just does not show up and post? Vote for a lynch or wait on it and ask for a modkill/or some other sanction?

If they don't post at all I think it's better to ask for a modkill or for the mod to pm the player.

Starting at day phase only delays the information part. At least it gives some insight as to whom posts and who's not.

I agree with modkills for inactive, with 18 players theres bound to be atleast one.
As for a lynch, im going to suggest that we simply talk it out and see what reactions turn out, maybe we get lucky and someone slips. Just make sure you think before pointing fingers, last round Bad Ash almost got lynched due to a mestake like this.

No need to rush and vote just yet green G, we still have many hours to make our decision.

I don't think starting with a day phase sets the town back too much. The information gained from the first night is usually quite limited anyway.

Btw, 18 players = 10 votes to lock. I don't see a lower number for a lynch so is locking compulsory for a lynch to happen? Or did I miss some part of the rules?

Starting at day phase only delays the information part. At least it gives some insight as to whom posts and who's not.

Yeah but with the difference in timezones.. aren't some people sleeping at this point?

It's 1:30 PM for me here and I'd imagine people in Europe are either in late evening or already asleep as it's late Sunday going on Monday already.

Would you agree that since the information is delayed there's a high chance that we effectively start the game after two townie kills (lynch + nk) rather than the one (nk) that we would suffer? Would certainly be a blow to morale anyway.

No need to rush and vote just yet green G, we still have many hours to make our decision.

I don't think starting with a day phase sets the town back too much. The information gained from the first night is usually quite limited anyway.

Btw, 18 players = 10 votes to lock. I don't see a lower number for a lynch so is locking compulsory for a lynch to happen? Or did I miss some part of the rules?

I'm just thinkin ahead.

Btw it's half plus one to lock so half is 9 + 1 = 10 to lock at this point.

Starting with a day phase is interesting. I've been out of touch for a while, has this been done in a Mafia round in the CF before? I don't think it was used in any round I've seen before.

I can't recall another game here that started with day.

One thing that might be advantageous is that the first nightkill won't be random and we will actually get more information from it then an ordinary first nightkill.

But it sure limits the discussionmaterial for the day. We need more people to join the discussion and start to put some pressure on lurkers

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High