Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

for me it was monkey-brains, I've eaten some weird meats in my live: Snake, crocodile, kangaroo, monkey, ostrich, muskrat, frog legs, all kinds of fried or prepared insects, haggis, ox tongue, cow tongue, all kinds of octopy, sushi (except for that blowfish thing) and some other things I can't remember just now.

I do not like the texture or taste of tongue nor the frog legs but all the rest was okish or even tasty and would eat again.

I've eaten bull testicles many times, they're quite good. We have a local restaurant that specializes in them. We call them rocky Mountain oysters.

Interesting the mixed reactions. Thanks!
From a vegetarian, I kind of figured one meat was the same as another. But from a vegetarian going into eating meat, they really aren't the same in terms of what I personally am willing to try/feel comfortable with;whether it's mostly a mental thing, or a preference in taste and texture, I'm not sure, but it is a combination of both.
It's interesting to see that some meat eaters still really cringe from trying certain parts of the animal. I somewhat already knew that (even though I rationalised the opposite,) but it's interesting getting viewpoints just after trying (and consequently feeling quite ill in a restaurant,) something that the child and adult I was with really enjoyed, but I simply couldn't stomache.

i have been a strict eat-only-meatitarian for over 20 years and I don't think I could eat ox tongue. I don't think I have had any tongue, either. We used to have a place that had a cow tongue sandwich where I grew up, but I was never ballsy enough to get it.

The weirdest meats I have had are generally seafood, octopus, sushimi and the like. I had rare beef once, I hadn't ever heard of people eating it rare, but my foreign coworkers assured me it was safe. I didn't die from it, unless it is a slow prolonged one.

You normally eat beef well done? Depending on the cut over course, but anything over medium rare destroys a steak in my opinion.

I find it amusing that people find octopus and squid strange. They are fairly normal for me.

You normally eat beef well done? Depending on the cut over course, but anything over medium rare destroys a steak in my opinion.

I find it amusing that people find octopus and squid strange. They are fairly normal for me.
I think I meant to use raw, as in uncooked. Sorry about that.

Raw beef is delicious. I eat carpaccio quite frequently.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Raw beef is delicious. I eat carpaccio quite frequently.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Yep. Steak tartare is also quite good.

I dabble in baloon twisting, and this guys channel is pretty good for learning. Anyway I saw this video and thought Dry would like it :)

[youtube]jg79-F6nXgQ[/youtube]

This is the short cut, the extended cut goes for 25 minutes.

Just done with first day of work after holiday. Now i have to get up 4 hrs earlier. Ugh. Expected my co-workers to make a big mess of things. Wasn't disappointed. More ugh. Now how long is it until xmas holiday? ;)

To all the (semi-)raw meat eaters here: We invented fire for a reason! (Hint: It's not just because it's cool to burn stuff)

I was in a hotel last weekend. I had so been looking forward to it.
I had the veggie lasagna for dinner. Thought that was a safe bet, normal amount of it and it tasted nice.
But I was sick all evening, all night and all of the next morning. My body just didn't want to digest it, and the pain was phenomenal. Didn't get a wink of sleep of course, and couldn't enjoy breakfast which I hate because I love a good hotel breakfast.

I hate it when you expect a normal meal and it turns out it was laced accidentally with something you're allergic to, or somebody didn't wash their hands, then you're stuck vomiting all night.

I hate it when you expect a normal meal and it turns out it was laced accidentally with something you're allergic to, or somebody didn't wash their hands, then you're stuck vomiting all night.
No, I checked. I asked the staff what was in it. Lasagna. Tomato sauce. Vegetables. Herbs. Seemed safe. Realised later there was garlic in it - small amount, and a tiny bit of chili, but none of it very much, not enough for me to get such a response.

I think it was just the usual - something that shouldn't cause problems, but did anyways, simply because sometimes my body goes "yeah, that's all very well, but that's more work than what we're used to, so we're going on strike. for hours."

Really quiet...

Where is everyone?

*serves Dew

*serves wine

*serves tea

*serves sangria

*serves coffee

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High