Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

The boss just brought me pepperoni pizza and garlic bread as a thank you for team efforts today.

:nod:

It bain't natchrell, I tell 'ee!

Kitteh!

Which league are you in? I have a few that I'm playing in ambush and invasion right now, but would love to start another with you, if you're interested :)

I'm in Europe, and hell yes :D

I'm happy to make a character on another server though :)

My Europe character is standard because I need to learn the game before I start playing competitive leagues lol

Doesn't matter which gateway you are on in POE. You can play with everyone no mater where they are.

I'm glad it's weekend. Hell of a busy week at work. No plans this weekend though, so POE incoming tomorrow.

*wine please* It's Friday, so keep the bottle(s) close!

*cuddles bar*

I ended up doing the same thing when I first started (starting in standard), and I ended up regretting it somewhat. Namely for two reasons: breaking into trading is harder in standard because everything is so expensive, and non-GG items rarely sell. Whereas in new-ish leagues good leveling gear will sell reasonably. There is also a search tool that a large percentage of the player base uses to search for trades, and the easiest method to be flagged online when you are online with that tool is to be on a ladder (easier in the 4mo leagues). A minor third reason is that the 4 month leagues tend to be more active (this is especially true for hardcore).

I was going to end up taking the new leagues a bit seriously but ended up getting bit by the D2 bug instead. The new HC league is apparently ridiculously difficult (as it has guest monsters everywhere, making much game knowledge about areas useless), but the new SC league's only difference is a new chest type that spawns monsters.

Hello everybody:wave:

Just thought I would stop by for a drink and inquire if ya'll have read any good books lately.

I'm open to all genres and fiction and non-fiction.

Anything from laurell kay hamilton (earlier books from the anita blake series are better then the later ones, merry gentry serie is good).
The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, a trilogy in five parts.

Who wrote the Inheritance trilogy?

And I agree, ASOIAF and the Night Angel trilogy were excellent.

Thanks for the recommendation Kitteh :wine:

The Iron Druid chronichles. A 2,000 year old Celtic druid hides from old gods in Tempe, Arizona. His legal needs are handled by his 1,000 year old Icelandic Viking vampire lawyer.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

I've been bad on reading lately. Before it wa one of my most treasured pastimes. I have to pick that up again!

@Kamap
Added you on POE. Rhoanna is my name. I play Ambush and could like to start a new char there if you are interested in teaming up. The one I have is not cutting it, They nerfed Spectral Throw too much for a non crit build to make it I think.

*wine please*

*cuddles bar*

A Fault in our Stars by John Green would be rather timely as the movie is on the way. I've got it waiting on the shelf, myself, as I've been more in the mood for other genres, but I'm given to understand it's quite good.

If you've an interest in older literature, and more specifically, the early roots of the modern vampire, Carmilla by J. Sheridan LeFanu is an interesting read. I liked Dracula better, I think, but between Carmilla and Dracula you get a good feel for the early roots of the modern vampire myth. I don't recall if it's the version I read, but gutenburg has a public domain copy. There's a few old movie classics based off the novel or inspired by it, like Vampyr (1932) which IIRC is one of those early german (although the director's dutch) classics known for their haunting cinematography (think the sort of films that likely inspired Tim Burton), and there was a french film as well I can't recall the name of off hand but it's rather famous vampire classic, I think the English release was Blood and Roses. I like to think the less classic Lesbian Vampire Killers is also inspired by the novel.

I jus had to try. Seemed like it worked, but there was nobody else. So maybe it didn't work.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High