Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

Oh you two are from Australia! I'm actually planning a flight from Brisbane to Perth soon. Do you have any suggestions on which airline to use?

No clue, maybe some kind of diadem or something? Unless you think a JMoD is TC87...

Sounds like a great time, pcm :nod:

Ooh, a blue TC87? 'Grats! Let us know when you post a readout! (I'm thinking a weapon of some sort.)

I haven't had any bad flight experiences. I used to fly with Virgin Blue (V. Australia now) when they were the budget airline, but have flown with Tiger Airways a few times with no real hastle. Just make sure you're well and truly on time (as you should with any airline anyway...) and don't try to take bags over the allowed limit you purchased, as they will charge a lot more for that (as will any other airline.)

Really though, whichever is the cheapest flight, with the most reasonable timing for you. Or if you want to pay more for a few extra features (I don't know how much legroom or services Qantas offer.)

I've had family fly with JetStar, and their only experience of them was being delayed and left in Sydney overnight, where they weren't initially offered any accommodation.

I've been flying with Tiger for a while now, and never had any bad experiences with them. They've had some small delays, but nothing out of the ordinary for any airline.
What have you experienced with Tiger?

Main problem I had with Tiger was being delayed by 3 hours, The staff weren't particularly friendly about it which put me off. I generally fly Virgin Australia or Qantas. I was also delayed once with V Australia for ~ 3 hours, they let me go into their lounge and have free food / drink for those three hours, plus the staff were very friendly and explained what happened.

I had a couple of bad experience with Jetstar screwing around with flight times after I booked. My sister in-law also had a delay for over 6 hours because and I quote "One of the cabin staff was sick and couldn't fly" ..... they couldn't get a replacement for over 6 hours .....

Oh you two are from Australia! I'm actually planning a flight from Brisbane to Perth soon. Do you have any suggestions on which airline to use?

Brisbane to Perth is a fairly long flight, I'd be tempted to fly Qantas as they will atleast give you food and drink.

Ahh, although the delays have only been very minor for me, Tiger did change the time of one flight recently, however, they offered a refund, or an option of numerous other flights. For me at that time though, it wasn't an inconvenience at all, but at a different time, it could've been.
However, all airlines can do this, as they'll usually only fly when enough passengers have booked. I've heard (reliable source) of a Qantas international flight being "overbooked" after their luggage was taken. They had to pay for another flight, however, I assume they got their money back on the initial flight.
Either way, delays, overbookings etc can happen with all airlines. You just don't expect it when you pay for the more expensive fares (and I'd like to believe they happen far less with the more expensive fares.)

I'm off to bed. Night bar! :wave:

Night Dryst.

Hm I dont fly that ofter - well europe is rather small

-had no real bad experiences yet

my baggage vanished on one flight from berlin to lisbon via amsterdam but the day after it was delivered to our hotel - so not much strees we just had to say that it didn't arrive with our flight

Ahh, although the delays have only been very minor for me, Tiger did change the time of one flight recently, however, they offered a refund, or an option of numerous other flights. For me at that time though, it wasn't an inconvenience at all, but at a different time, it could've been.
However, all airlines can do this, as they'll usually only fly when enough passengers have booked. I've heard (reliable source) of a Qantas international flight being "overbooked" after their luggage was taken. They had to pay for another flight, however, I assume they got their money back on the initial flight.
Either way, delays, overbookings etc can happen with all airlines. You just don't expect it when you pay for the more expensive fares (and I'd like to believe they happen far less with the more expensive fares.)

I'm off to bed. Night bar! :wave:

It wasn't so much the issue with flights, more the way I was treated by customer service

well it depends on the flight - inside germany - i fly as cheap as i can get it (if i fly)

for in europe travels well cheap to medium budget is ok

for everything out of the continent i want a somewhat better airline - 9 hour flights with cheap airlines are a pain

but then again i don't fly much

I've never even flown outside of the country :p

I have logged a good 100+ flights in the US though.

Edit, cakes, because you know me to well?

crab juice me, please...

Just got an email saying we could leave 2 hours early for labor day and thought "yay! out at 1:30!"

Then I realized, no, jaygun, you come in at 6:30. 6:30 + 6 = 12:30.

:jig:

Gonna start chopping up 5 onions, 10 peppers, mucho garlic and 3-4 chili and fry that up with 2,5kg of minced meat. Somehow not looking forward to it. And I'm already stressed out after the shopping today...

*Grabs a bottle of wine for company*

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High