Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

Down here (map-wise if you're from north), one can stand 30 years in jail, but can be sentenced for more. (Disclaimer: I don't speak legal english. Debrah Morgan legal english at my best). If someone gets 90 years on a sentence and wants a benefit that requires 1/3 of jail time served, he/she will have to stay 30 years in jail. If the maximum sentenced time was 30 years, 1/3 would be 10 years.

Also, that's work talk for me. I don't speak work on friday nights...
I'm dying to ask something here: a beer called Miller is good? Local supermarket is selling a (big) supply good thru Sept 10 for $0,50/bottle; 3 dollar per 6 pack. I think it's a beer made in US... Compared to Heinneken, Budweiser, etc, it's good? Got 6, one is on the fridge. I can se myself "Homer Simpson"ing the suplly if it's good.

edit: Loz posted before me, feel free to ignore the beer question, I can ask that later.

On topic: I believe that "crazy people" (sometimes criminals look like someone that have a mental illness, but they don't) should be locked up for life - not on a prison, on a "mental institution" - or other social institutions of some kind. 30 years of jail time (or more) just don't do the cut.

I don't like to say: "X" should die. But i'm in favor of locking people forever under extreme circunstances - those "beyond recuperation", or whatever Michel Foucault says on the english version.

kegs, I is silly cos I is right?

I just did Crtl + on your avatar and was then able to note that you have a pointy little head and are trying to hide a dead penguin behind your back :yes:

On topic: I believe that "crazy people" (sometimes criminals look like someone that have a mental illness, but they don't) should be locked up for life - not on a prison, on a "mental institution" - or other social institutions of some kind. 30 years of jail time (or more) just don't do the cut.

I don't like to say: "X" should die. But i'm in favor of locking people forever under extreme circunstances - those "beyond recuperation", or whatever Michel Foucault says on the english version.

Loz posts faster than me! I edited my post, to get back to the main topic.

I understand you, Loz, but I just don't agree with you.

Every one of those cases you mentioned need to be judged on a fair basis. One gets off, another gets 3 month of prison and the mass murderer gets live in prison. But does that mean that the pocket thief is more a human being than the mass murderer? I don't see that. The pocket thief or drunk driver did harm to people as well. In a minor scale, but they still did harm. Don't you think the widow of the victim of the drunk driver grieves as much as the parent of one of the youth killed at Utøya? So why is the drunk driver more of a human being. Because he only killed one?

It's a fair question.
Miller tends to be lambasted by the beer-drinking elite in the US. I actually thought it was a refreshing and light beverage the last time I drank it. There are much, much better lagers but it doesn't deserve the bad rep it has.

I'd rather argue about beer if that's OK with everyone :yes:

Double postiness:

Moar, I will respect your opinion without agreeing with it.

I consider motivation to be just as important as scale when addressing crimes. Murdering ten people is different from murdering one. Intending to murder a person is worse from unintentionally killing someone. Also, murdering children is different from murdering adults.

I believe that in certain circumstances, it is possible for a person to give up their human rights by virtue of their inhuman actions. My opinion.

I will drop this now, probably at least three posts too late.

I found Miller to be a little bitter. And maybe too light... I'm afraid that is that kind of light that gives headaches later. I won't give a final judgment on it, since the supply is old.

On beer-elitism: I like different beers. Today I bought beers from $0.50 to $5.00. (Miler 6 pack, 12 cans of bud, 1 bottle of artisanal beer from a near town).

Hubby is a beer snob. I have tried more IPA and other strange stuff than I wanted to ever. I don't think Millers makes the cut. And American Bud is just water.

One of my favourite (lager) beers is an Alsace lager sold by my local supermarket, 5% b.v alcohol, pleasant and a decent kick. It's presented as the cheap own-brand option but I find it very drinkable.

I like San Miguel lager but I already spend too much on booze :no:

*checks fridge*

My God! It's full of Guinness!

*cocks pistol*

Drink it, kegs. Drink it.

We have drunkenstegs in ... 5 ... 4. ... 3 ... 2 ... oh, he's passed out :no:

Think he said he wouldn't drink anymore, so might have to wait a few weeks til he's back on the path of light ;)

That was a seriously good discussion. I couldn't've added anything, as I don't know about any of the situations mentioned, but it was a really solid topic. Big thanks for the interesting read and opinions, and personally, I feel it was let go at the right point. A solid end on the opinions and topic.

*prods kestegs with broomhandle*

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High