Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

I always went for Australia first, it pays the same as South America, but with only one choke to hold. That or Africa were my favourite.

Australia is nice, but it often happened that too many people wanted to start off trying to get it, so I'd just go for something else.

My very first game of Risk I took Australia and managed to take Asia. I held it for a turn and everyone surrendered :p

That's pretty much my situation as well, except I won;t leave it for next time. I really hate people quitting or giving up. My wife is a quitter, it really bothers me.

She's not a board hurler, that would push me over the edge I'm sure.

It doesn't even have to be that she thinks she's losing that bad. She'll just decide that she doesn't want to play anymore. :steam:

Poor kestegs,

I love winning by default.

De Fault the two sweetest words in the English language

I figure that if the game is still basically a draw at 5am, anyone is allowed to get up. But normally, I won't quit playing until it's won or lost. I've won some tough games because I pushed through to the end, and barely scraped out. Some longer games are more of a game of patience and focus, and I do like playing those sometimes.

*Dews Kestegs*

Gracias!

It's most fun when you are playing with more people, I've never played it while drinking, but I imagine that could be fun as well.

My sister and I used to play Monopoly a lot, especially over summer vacation. We would play it for days at a time sometimes, some good memories playing that game for sure :thumbup:

In some games conceding can be the right thing to do. For example when playing Limited MTG (draft / sealed). If you know you have no outs it is generally better to "scoop" rather than show your opponent cards that he/she can play around next game.

I do remember one game where I only had one out ( and it was marginal at best). I played the match out and managed to win. That was one of the sweetest victories :p

Yes, there are times in MTG when you know there is no way you can win. Generally when I am 100% sure I'm going to lose I will concede, but if there is even the slightest hope left, I will fight is out.

We changed the subject....with no notice..... :nod:

That sounds like a cool way to play, be tough to strategise for sure though.

It is a rather silly way to play :p

It's interesting, to say the least :p

I'm about to head to bed as well I think, its rather late.

i go to magic on occasion. just on the off chance i beat a good player and he loses months of hard work.

well the wife is now coming back on thursday. so party until then!

mafia game first. then retire.

im planning lots of d2 tonight.

edit: hahahaha ncis fail! fail hard! they are currently in a butcher shop where a butcher is using a cleaver to cut pork bbq ribs. silly. you just use a knife between the bone. cleavering would leave shards. silly show you fail!

Last edited:
See! I told you NCIS was stupid!

*yawn*

sooooooo...tired! I really shouldn't have stayed up so late.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High