Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

depends on where you go. proper places are fairly vigilant.

Kegs stalks everyone, he spends his whole time stalking.

Building your own computer is not really that hard. Everything is "keyed" so it can only go in one way. If you are careful and read guides on places like techpoweredup, toms hardwarer, Anandtech etc. you can't really go wrong.

Biggest thing to do is to make sure your parts are compatible. If you plan on doing it make an OT thread in this forum, people will help you choose parts.

Yes I do like rolf stalk ;)

Yea, if you put a list of what you think you might want people will help for sure.

imo the only pieces that need to be compatible are the pcu and the motherboard.

Pretty much anything else you buy are going to fit.... But, theres pci 1, pci x2, avg, and a million other ports....

Just make sure the slots match basically.

@coju: there can be issues with Ram as well, some ram run at a high voltage and intel motherboards don't like that. AVG is not a port it is an antivirus :) I think you mean AGP?

Generally speaking your graphics card will be a PCI-E card. Pci 1, PCI 2 etc. are genereally used for add on cards (sound, wireless etc.)

Maybe the cat can help you?

images

that looks really bad .....

Ah, cool Klonki, good luck with that.

You can send me your old comp, I'm sure its better than my current one!

My laptop? -Scoffed.- I'd give it to my girl.

As far as her desktop, I doubt it. Think it has less than 512mb of ram.

okay, yea, mine isn't THAT bad! It's only 1-2 years old, but it barely meets the specs for D3 (I think)

I'm lazy and can't be bothered. Odds are, when I get an FF 14 comp, it will handle D3 just fine. Not sure why the game has to be so touchy about graphics cards...

The issue is, to get the specs I'm wanting, I'd have to make myself or pay more than I'd like. Not sure if I could do it myself, without screwing something up.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High