Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

Yes, Wii really requires more than one person to be very good. There are games that are fine without 2 people, like Zelda, but a lot of them are best with more.

Nintendo has been a big bag of disappointment for me, since Ps3 became a decent system. I fear they will be putting themselves out of business within the next generation of gaming.

I'm not sure I can agree with that. They are in a rather different market than PS3 and Xbox, so I think they will continue to do well.

What makes you say that? What points to Nintendo as the better system, even for a family crowd? The last year has hurt Nintendo massively and the year before that was so-so for them. 360 releasing the Kinect, killed Wii sales. All the Wii has going for it is family style gaming with a sub-par motion control system.

I don't have any real basis for it, its just a gut feeling. I was also not under the impression that kinect did that well. Nintendo going out would be like blizzard going out, I just don't think it will ever happen.

Really? There's a big difference between Blizzard and Nintendo though. Blizzard has WoW, the biggest MMO ever, since it's release. What does Nintendo have, still going for it? A few gaming franchises, each doing worse of the years? Only Zelda is consistently great, across a multitude of fan levels. Mario is good. That's about it.

On a slightly related note, who else heard that Apple is discussing buying out Sony? My jaw dropped when I found out. That's a bigger, more shocking potential buy out than Disney buying Marvel, which took many by surprise.

Here's an interesting article, a bit old (January) but not too old to be relevant.

Nintendo’s Wii console has sold 75.9 Million consoles. The Xbox is closest in comparison with 50 Million, but they are still 25 million down. Their DS handheld has moved 135.58 million against Apple’s 40 million combined of iPods and iPads. The 3DS will have a price point some where around $250, and with its launch coming during an obscure time of year, Nintendo has its work cut out for it.

I was unaware of Apple wanting Sony, very interesting!

Compare that to their sales from the two prior years.
; ]

Yeah. Apple is currently loaded and looking into ways to expand. They have more money on hand, than the U.S. Government. Currently the wealthiest US company, as far as in terms of real money as opposed to product and the like. Not quite the wording I want but my mind is blanking. Hunger is taking over thought process.

I smell beef...

beef its whats for dinner :)

Hey, I'm not proclaiming to be an expert. I fully agree they are in trouble if they don't come out with something very original on their next console.

Apple is disgusting...

Apple is disgusting.
But their product is by no means bad or inferior, in any respect.
After all, the are the best selling electronics company, at this point in time.

You can't argue with the product they put out, not in the least. They didn't get to be the best by putting out garbage, strangely enough :p

Hah! That's pretty crazy! 5 times as many more sales of iphone than computers :crazyeyes:

Not sure if I want an iphone or not, I'm pretty darn happy with my Driod.

That's a lot of choices :p

I have the original Droid(I think), its over a year old, not up for contract renewal for another 9 months or so. So there's not much point in trying to figure out what I want now, because its all gonna change by the time I'm ready!

I have me a flip phone. Hell yeah.

I want to get a new phone, probably an Evo or the mini-Evo. It would help with rides and stuff, plus around here I do not trust road signs or directions. It is so easy to just get lost in this place.

Did a group run/workout, then went to the gym and did my own workout afterward, which was even tougher. I then spent a little while laying on the floor, because that is just how I roll. Now I have plenty of time to waste.

Nice work laying on the floor :p

Yes, a smartphone could help a lot with that stuff. I use mine all the time for navigation and music, also for this forum :)

*serves dew*

Yes forum on the phone! I bet half of my posts are from my phone.

They are large, but you get used to it, and its the only real downside, so I can live with it.

*sips Dew*
I'll have to go to a store and see the size for myself before I buy one, I guess. I must be able to fit a phone into my ever-tightening jeans.
Talking with RCG now via FaceySpace. Since I cannot drive down there for the weekend, she is going to come up here! Well, for part of it. But still! I don't have any clue what we'll do (I have one idea :grin:) but I am still excited. This is all working out very well.

*serves kesty Dew*

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High