Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

It seems to follow you around, I think we may have to Lynch you to test this theory...

Wait, wrong thread :p

australia has 'snake' as our willie.

cya virgi. luck to you

Wait, Snake from MGS is Australian? Link or it didn't happen.

Virgi, may your dreams be orange, green and gold. Until our next meeting.

snake tales

didn't the wombat, the koala and the 2 aborigines give it away?

i got nothing. go find your own pics

Yeah, sorry 'bout that. I had to chuckle a little about us Americans finding her "two lumps" offensive.

See ya bar, I go off to my doom (aka family reunion).

*exists stage left*

Heaven's to Murgatroid.

*cheques his pants*

done. is your boy psyched for his game kegs?

Why should an American speak anything other than American?

I have friends from China who travel internationally and get angry if the locals don't speak English- they spent a lot of time learning English because it is the "International Language."

Don't get me wrong- I love languages, and I can speak a few to one degree or another. If Chinese were suddenly the "International Language" it would be very good for me financially- my Chinese is weak at the moment, as I haven't spoken it much in the last ten years, but still...

Unfortunately for my pocketbook English is the lingua franca of our day. From a cost/benefit perspective it is hard to see why a native English speaker ought to learn another language. I say that as a native English speaker who can get around in several.

It would be nice if I spoke Spanish, since about 40% of our cities popular has it as their native tongue.

*serves dew*

Sorry, it wasn't very fast, but I'm only one man.

It would be nice if I spoke Spanish, since about 40% of our cities popular has it as their native tongue.

Yeah, I'd agree with this. I spoke a romance language in my day-to-day life as a kid, and I have lived in majority Spanish-speaking neighborhoods in the US, so I can read and understand Spanish to some degree. But I don't speak Spanish at all. I should.

Just as everyone else in the world is going to have to learn English, since it is the "International Language," Americans should really learn Spanish (and Spanish-speaking immigrants to the US might also think about learning English.) But Anglo-Americans are not famous for their ability to learn languages, so I won't hold my breath on that one.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High