Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

It's about as tree populated as it can be without a patch of forest, and they are north aus natives so when the water comes nothing sucks it up quicker.

I know it's her work. she started back 2 days a week 2 few weeks ago and she isn't happy with anything there. She also won't quit and admit that i was right. because this is exactly what i predicted.

Just put callie in her cot for misbehaving so she got her revenge by throwing up everywhere....nice.

Sorry to hear that Corax.

I started my New Vegas LP, and I'm happy with how it's going.

Well it's more brunch, but it is really more lunch than breakfast, even though I am eating breakfast food. You know? And they usually ask after they order if that's what I am having, so I don't mind at all.

About time to go, actually. Keep a Dew on ice, please, I'm going to talk to her about the whole sister thing and I may need one.

Hiya, bar!

I'm starting to miss you guys, and Diablo 2. I've been without my PC for about 2 months. So I can't play D2, and it's driving me nuts. And my backup computer (the one I'm using to write this) is painfully slow, so it discourages me from spending as much time on the forum as I'd like to.

To fill the void of D2, I'm playing Diablo 1...again, my PC is broke, so I'm playing on the Playstation. It's pretty crappy, but is passes the time.

What's new with everyone?

Ok, so I have a major decision to make. Some time ago I applied for a new job at another company. The situation at my current job was that I was not chosen for the job that I would be perfect for, but only stand in until the person they wanted could be in place. Now it's been like this for 4 months and it seems like the real person is not coming due to cost issues and I really love my job now and might be offered it permanently... At the same time I found out yesterday that I was offered job at the new company.

My gut feeling is that I want to stay and not take up the new position. Instead I want to get the permanent position at my current employer. I am not really finished with it.

Or am I just scared of change? The pay is more or less the same. Travel time is the same.

Its a tough call, The current job may offer a little more stability, and you already know how things work there, and what kind of people you have to work with.

The new job is a crap shoot IMO you could end up in a better situation or a much worse situation, and it could not work out at all, and then you would have possibly burned the bridge to your old job as well.

I don't know what the economy is like over across the way, but here I think that it is best to keep with a safe bet, and not take any unnecessary risks with moving jobs unless you really need a change.

Swedish labour laws are extremly safe: it's not very easy to lose a job here. But the safety is a big thing. Additional info is that we are having a baby. It's still very early so anything could happen but I just feel that moving to a new job with all the demands that would come with it is very scary at this moment... Starting a new job and then going on a year maternity leave after 4 months is not ideal...

I don't think I knew that, Congrats!

That is a huge consideration as well, I agree that moving jobs right before taking a long mat leave could be a bad thing.

Thanks :) This is actually almost the first time I have told anyone. Don't want to jinx it... Which makes the timing even worse! It's still so early that it is bigger risk of something going wrong. But I am far enough that it feels real. Week 11 and some days. So a couple of more weeks and then the first critical period is over.

Anyway, thanks for the advice! Need to sleep on it...

@queenEm

Congratulations! I'm sure everything will be okay. :)

As for the job.... well, I don't have any experience yet, so take what I say next with a grain of salt. I believe that you should be up-front with your employer about the other job. Tell them how much you enjoy working there, and how you believe you're perfect for the job. Try and be as confident yet polite as possible. Then, tell them about the other job offer. Express that you would much rather stay here, but if the position they are temping you on isn't going to be permanent, you may take the other job. It sounds like you're sincere about wanting to stay, so I think they'd understand. Though, maybe I misunderstood your posts xD

Anyways, as I said, take that with a grain of salt. In the end, just do what you believe is going to be right for you and your family.

queenEm, I'll hold off on toasting then, but fingers are crossed! As far as job goes, you can just tell your employer that you got another job offer, but you'd like to stay where you are. See what they say. Tell them you'd feel better at a position that's not marked as temporary. It might be forcing their hand a little bit, but you'll know where you stand. I think... I mean be very polite and emphasize you want to stay.

Just an idea, anyway.

Swiller, long time no see. I didn't even know they had Playstations outside of museums anymore. Have a drink!

EDIT: pwned. In the bar. Seriously!?!?!

Congratulations QE. You know those things really eat into D2 time, right? :p

I'm making enquiries into a certain type of job which I shall not reveal until I hear back from it. So there.

I will add my congratulations, im sure everything will be fine. As for the job it seems to me that right now isnt a good time for you to be adding extra stress into your life, and thats basically the main ingredient of a new job. Talking to your employer to see where the long term options stand seems to be the way forward.

Congrats Queen Em on the baby.

I was in a similar position about this time last year (with regards to work not baby), I was unhappy with my salary and the work I was doing I got offered another job so I put in my notice.

My employer didn't realise I was unhappy until I put in the notice and my boss ended up working very hard to keep me. I received a reclassification ~ 10% salary increase and a new role (that I am very happy with). I got the outcome I wanted, but probably went about it the wrong way.

My advice (if you were not pregnant) would be to tell your employer that you have been offered a position at another company that you are considering taking. Let them know why you are unhappy / what you would like. If they give you what you want (or part of what you want) you can stay otherwise you have the option to leave.

Given that you are pregnant, it is going to be difficult to leverage your employer as they may resent you for going on leave after you have asked for a promotion.

Anyway good luck with which ever route you take

A baby?! All these offspring in the Bar, it makes me sort of nervous. Who will have one next? Congratulations QE!

Oh, and lunch went well. Hung out just like old times. It is strange, she is only 15 minutes down the road, yet all our meetings are by appointment. I guess I thought being an adult and meeting adult friends was easier. Hm. Oh, and talked to her about that email I have yet to write. It feels good to actually talk to someone, with words that are being spoken instead of typed. I think I shall now compose an email.

I'm making enquiries into a certain type of job which I shall not reveal until I hear back from it.
Gigolo?

Thanks for the congrats, everyone! Seems like the general advice is to talk to my current manager and I have given that a lot of thoughts. I'll let you know how things are going!

@FE: I'm actually hoping for MORE time, with the perfect baby, sleeping a lot and not making noise :)

@FE: I'm actually hoping for MORE time, with the perfect baby, sleeping a lot and not making noise :)

Well I heard that there are hormones that make people think those sort of things. Otherwise, we'd be extinct as a species. So your reaction is perfectly normal. It goes there together with "I'll find Tyrael's on my next run". :nod:

Of course you'll have the perfect baby.

Good to hear you'll be joining the smelling slightly of old milk ranks QueenEm. believe it or not it is a good thing *some random happy smiley*

I'm going to role with everyone else here and go with the talk to your boss first route. I mean if all else fails you'll be off work in 4 months time anyway *more random tongue pokey smiley shananigans*

Welcome to the forums and bar reloader *beverage being given to reloader smiley*

Also for anyone who doesn't have and hasn't had experience with new borns, they are surprisingly hairy. my daughter still has hairy ears.\

My money is down for FE becoming a spy. johnny english rather than james bond

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High