Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

Well, I don't want him dead, but I doubt I'll play him much more today, and he's fairly playable up to and including beer #3.

But I think I'll hold off for awhile. If I start drinking now, I probably won't eat anything today (since I'll be full of beer), so I should probably have some lunch at least.

So Iced Tea for now, I guess, though that's no way to celebrate such a (meager) accomplishment. :D

And thanks for again for your help and support, barflies!

Last edited:
*slides Neks a 40*

I'm doing great! Got a Tourney toon to A5 (and past Shenk), and am about to go rescue some Barbarians! w00t! Ricky levelled up twice in the Bloody Foothills and 2-shots everything with a level 18 Holy Freeze aura. . . also found a 37% LR/32% MF Ammy, which takes his LR to 104% (and that's without the Ort/Ral studded leather). Good times!

I'm still on the Iced Tea, but Anniversary Ale is calling my name. . . and I picked up a 6 of an IPA I've never had before (Ska Brewery: Modus Hoperandi), that might see some action, and have 4 Arrogant Bastards, a Russian Imperial Stout and a Racer 5 IPA that would also like some attention. . . but the Barbarians come first.

But they would wait for me, right? Decisions.

Also, watching Flash Gordon movie on the tele. . . it's awful, but the Queen soundtrack sortof makes it better. Nice.

How's things by you, Neks?

How's things by you, Neks?

Things are kind of messed up. Enjoyed too much Madrid, so Helsinki feels so boring and lame right now. Wanna go back. On the other hand, have a this good feeling inside of me (because of one person and my piercing), so I'll have to smile. And what comes to work, it's really worrying me because the financial difficulties are getting on us too, so I should really start to hunt a new job.

But still, I kind of feel happy. Things could be a lot worse and I'm trying not to worry too much without a reason.

So, in what tourney your Paladin is?

I feel you totally, Neks. I was excited to move back to TX; but now I wish I was back on LI. But everything will turn out all right, and life is slightly better here overall, though I wish I had someone to think about . . . or at least had some piercings to play with.

And Ranger Rick is in the Bow Masters tourney. . . He did indeed go off to fetch some Barbarians, and was entirely successful, but I forgot that the Arreat Plateau waypoint spawns randomly and pretty much had to clear the whole area to find it. . . Oh well, drops were meh, but Ricky had no trouble with anyone or anything.

Now, it's time for another Modus Hoperandi and maybe some Shenk/Eldrich runs to try and find some better eq, maybe some exceptional items, etc. Good times.

Gnnh... I'm feeling frustrated. My barb, who I'd hoped to get to patriarch this weekend, has ground to a halt in the durance of hate... NM. He's incredibly reliant on LL and those accursed stygian dolls are not only unleechable but do silly amounts of damage when he kills them. So, he's had to resort to letting the merc kill them - they're too fast to run past, really - and the merc isn't very fast at killing them. Not only that, but I had to search the entirety of DoH 2 to find the waypoint. Which was being guarded by a nice friendly stygian doll unique and a couple dozen of his friends, who killed me and my merc 7 times. So, I'm tired and angry, and found myself making little mewling sounds whenever I came across some more of the damn things.

So, I'll have a pint of your finest rotgut, please. :D

*heaves a liter of Kentucky Deluxe at Fenrix* Yuck. Sweet, blended whiskey, relevantly similar to Wild Turkey, but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper. Will definitely rot the gut.

Back when I was 18 and had 8" purple Liberty Spikes, I referred to KD as "my girlfriend" and tended to guzzle 1/5ths and liters like water. YUCK.

Well, Ricky leveled up to 40 doing Shenk/Eldrich runs. . . found some interesting items for the sept, but the sept is vanilla and Ricky is mod, so they were Larzuked. Nothing found for Ricky, nothing for the merc (there was a likely candidate, but she already had an empty 3os Edge Bow that did more damage, and with nothing in the sockets), and nothing for the Grail. Oh Well. But he's now doing some 420-460 cold damage, and his overall damage is in the 550 range. Pretty nice for A5 normal: two/three-shots pretty much everything at p8.

Though I'd like to play some more, it would surely be folly at this point, since I'm on Modus Hoperandi #4. . . at ~7.5% alcohol each, and with two chicken parts for dinner, I'm slightly inebriated, and likely shouldn't play much more, unless to start up another char, which will likely not happen tonight.

On that note, I'll have another! Thanks!

Edit: @11pm, I decided it would be a good idea to crack an Arrogant Bastard: YUMMY!, but sortof a bad idea. At least tomorrow is Sunday, and I have nothing better to do than sleep and chase away a hangover. . .

Got bored of the tele earlier and started a 2-handed Avenger pally (something I've off-and-on wanted to try for awhile), following the SoD tourney rules. I have not yet entered him in said tourney, since I don't know how much I'll like a single target melee skill. . .

. . . but I noticed something with RangerRick: when I hold down shift and aim towards empty space, Ricky shoots at all enemies in melee range, regardless of where the mouse is pointing. . . (otherwise he shoots blindly).

So I tested this with Whackadin, and found it works for melee attacks as well. . . Hold down shift, aim at empty space, and the toon attacks all enemies in melee range, just like an RMB attack, though he must be standing still to do it (so not just like RMB). So Whackadin will have some sort of ability to multi-target with the LMB . . . I think. Can anyone else confirm?

. . . so I guess I'll lounge about the bar with my Arrogant Bastard and watch old Mission Impossible episodes on the tele. Fun stuff, for sure.

Cheers, bar! :guiness:

Last edited:
...Modus Hoperandi

I think this name is way too clever. :smug:

Glad to hear your tourney character is progressing nicely! As for including Shenk into Eldritch runs: I don't do it. I don't believe all the guys around him fetch the same exp bonus as all the other uniques' minions do, so I find it quicker to just run Eldritch over and over. But that's just me being nitpicky.

@FastE: That sounds like a cool time spent in a bar. Hopefully it won't lead to too many overly drunken nights (for you), but I hope you're able to have fun still. ...As for Cosmos, my roommate used to make them all the time. I should remember... vodka, stoli, grapefruit juice? Man, you're gonna make me have to wiki it...

And I'm really surprised McDonalds forces you to use the word "fries." Do customers often fall in line and call by them their American name, or do a lot of them still call them chips? How's the school work coming along, BTW?

edit: "A cosmopolitan is a cocktail made with vodka, Cointreau or Triple Sec, cranberry juice, and fresh-squeezed lime juice or sweetened lime juice." ...Eh, I was pretty far off. :crazyeyes:

I think this name is way too clever. :smug:

Only if it's a Leap barb, I couldn't see what type of char it was.

If I run Eldritch, I include Shenk as for me he seems to drop 1.2 runes every 2 runs.

That sounds like a cool time spent in a bar. Hopefully it won't lead to too many overly drunken nights (for you), but I hope you're able to have fun still

It's too far away for me to drink there in my free time, and I wouldn't drink if he paid me to work there, I'm helping out pro bono ATM.

And I'm really surprised McDonalds forces you to use the word "fries." Do customers often fall in line and call by them their American name, or do a lot of them still call them chips? How's the school work coming along, BTW?

They don't force people to call them that. They're more concerned about asking the customer "Is that Large with a Coke?" rather than what you call the minature potato phalluses. Company stores are worse, but my store is franchised. Some lovely dear old people ask for beefburgers, and then shout at me when I ask the kitchen for a hamburger. I even got shouted at by a customer once because he believed it should be a fillet of fish, as opposed to the McBastardisation 'filet'. My franchisee (and all franchisee stores in Cornwall) charges five pence per sachet of dip. Some customers (particularly tourists and those with no grasp of how to construct an argument) have a *big* problem with this, and I have to remain calm and stoic in the face of a verbal tirade. At least they haven't picked on my pink tie I insist on wearing.

^ No one needs to know that much about where I work.

School work is coming along slowly. The final deadline for my work is the 27th, and I have one more essay to do as well as my dissertation. I feel confident I can at least finish my dissertation. If I don't do this essay I'll fail the module but can easily still get a lower degree, I'd like to try it though. I just can't focus still. It'll all be over soon, whether I like it or not.

Last edited:
Too much kicking hurt my butt yesterday. Practicing, for there a many lurkers coming out into the open:evil2:

Keep at it, Edward. I'd like to study some aswell, but I'm being lazy. I need to do practice facial expression scoring, but it's a pretty long process, and there are no immediatly noticable improvements in my ability(even though this will be beneficial in the long run).

What happens if you don't finish your dissertation on time?

I get a lesser type of degree. I'll still end up with "a degree" just a bad one.

They don't force people to call them that. They're more concerned about asking the customer "Is that Large with a Coke?" rather than what you call the minature potato phalluses. Company stores are worse, but my store is franchised. Some lovely dear old people ask for beefburgers, and then shout at me when I ask the kitchen for a hamburger. I even got shouted at by a customer once because he believed it should be a fillet of fish, as opposed to the McBastardisation 'filet'. My franchisee (and all franchisee stores in Cornwall) charges five pence per sachet of dip. Some customers (particularly tourists and those with no grasp of how to construct an argument) have a *big* problem with this, and I have to remain calm and stoic in the face of a verbal tirade. At least they haven't picked on my pink tie I insist on wearing.

Yeh, customers are bastards, they treat the staff worse than pets

The one I worked at gave a sachet free with every meal, but extra ones cost 10p, that pissed off a lot of people, mostly londoners down to southend for the day.

Lol at the pink tie

*orders a double sausage mcmuffin*
*serves a full english with black pudding for everyone else*

It'll all be over soon, whether I like it or not.

I know this feeling so well its not even funny. Good new is - So much worse losers managed to success, so Im prolly gonna pass just for the effort. GL :thumbup:

Oh, Ill have a beer. Take your time boss, Im not in a rush.

I hate the staff more than customers: a bunch of lazy, unmotivated, something-for-nothing, minimum effort, rude, undertrained (store problem) idiots. If the staff were none of those things, there wouldn't be any angry customers. It's the circle of life, and by life, I mean greasy fast food not fit for human consumption.

@Skiffcz: I feel the same about driving. I'm 25 and have been scared of driving my whole life, but if people that can't spell or people that drive dangerously or smoke the odd bit of weed can do it, then surely a nice person like myself can. Watch this space.

@FE: Modus Hoperandi is the name of a beer . . . an American-style IPA from the Ska Brewing Company in Boulder, Colorado.

(and the maybe-a-2-h avenger-maybe-another-toon-for-the-digital-dustbin's name is Whackadin. . . Not clever at all, just silly. What do you want?!? I was drunk!)

And good luck with the school work. . . I sortof miss essay-writing and deadlines and whatnot. But I don't envy the pile of work you have ahead.

'American style Indian Pale Ale'
Isn't that an oxymoron?

I can't say I miss school work... but I do still enjoy writing.

*Hitting Burn Energy drink*

Where R U Guys?

To Do

More energi drink (1 litre Burn) : Check
Clean Computer Room : Check
Clean Living Room : Check
Clean Kitchen+Hall : Check
Wash and Change sand in cats toilet/box : next thing to do

Last edited:
India Pale Ale is of British origin. . . the basic recipe (more hops) was developed to survive the voyage from Britian to colonies in India. The British version is pretty much a stout: sort of sweet, not too hoppy, decent flavor, but not my thing.

American IPAs are bitter, extremely hoppy, largely not sweet at all (but often with a flavor and aroma of citrus and/or flowers), and my absolute favorite sort of beer: Yummy.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High