Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

Not really a fan of Tsing Tao, but each to their own. *seves F_E*

I woke up this morning and started wishing that is was friday .... usually that doesn't happen til wednesday.

I think I will have a coffee

I wish it was... summer. Not for the weather. For the fact it's after my degree...

You should have come here 2 days ago ... it was summer then and you could pretend you have finished your degree :p

In all seriousness I felt exactly the same in final year .... and not that I am working I wish I was still at uni doing my degree :D (I miss sleeping in :()

Edit: In some ways it was probably worse for me, I had an Graduate position as an Engineer lined up for when I finished so the last 6 months of Uni felt like such a farce

It was summer two days ago? Goodness. I do love the educational system for its rigidity and discipline. But I do love the two gap years I've had out of education, mind you, I did have substance abuse problems during those times.

I had two assessed seminars today, one of which I was presenting in. I had a couple of beers in the student bar over lunch, I'd like another. Quite a stressful day. I have to finish my paper critique presentation for tomorrow too.

Corona and lime please.

The bar stocks everything, even the kosher (no corn) soft drink beverages.

PEBCAK, one of the many ways programers/IT departments have to say "it ain't my fault".
There's also to the "eye-dee-ten-tee" (ID10T) error and GIGO (garbage in, garbage out)

My first job was in the accounting depeartment of a small software company and sometimes the techs
would put people on speaker phone to make sure they weren't "misunderstanding the problem" (read:
share laughs or provide proof that no, they aren't making it up.) Boy howdy are there some users
that should never be let near anything as technolgically advanced as a piece of paper and a pen...

To be honest some people/corps. just want to move the blame "it's not the software/hardware,
it's the hardware/software" The best one I heard was from a computer store that supplied both:
Service: "Well your hardware isn't designed to work with the software."
Cust: "But you sold me both of them."
Service: "That was sales."
Cust: "But you took my order."
Service: "I didn't know you wanted [that program] for that computer."
Cust: "But you installed it."
Service: "Then it worked when I was there."
Cust: "You only turned it on, you never tried to run anything."
Service: "Well we're going to have to bring your computer in and..."
Cust: "Wait, what'll that do? If they don't work together then you have to replace one or the other."
Service: "We'll have to upgrade the machine since you can't return software that's been opened.
Or you can buy the older version..."
*so on and so forth*

Sadly that was one of the companies we dealt with and the customer obiviously came to us very upset
that the machine they got to meet the specs for basic sales software we provided couldn't ALSO
run several other programs at the same time becuase there just wasn't enough space/computing
power. They were not happy to hear that you know, technology has limits and it costs money.

No the worst is when you have a computer power supply fail on a 3 month old computer, contact the
company and they over night a replacement -- that won't even supply enough juice to start the computer.

And then they tell you it's exactly what was in there when it's a different brand...

zarf is here. zarf must stay!

Dew please, I have to write something I had all weekend to write but didn't.

Oh, the snow was really pretty. It was beautiful at 2 AM, and still pretty when I woke up at about 10. However, after that the melting started, and out of the 4 inches that we got, only about 2 to 3 is left, and that is only where the sun didn't get to it. Still, I got to throw around a few snowballs, so I'm sort of happy.

*starts up Microsoft Word*
Here we go...

@ Pman, I regularly did that .... I am sooo bad at time management (but atleast I am good at working under pressure)

@ Zarf nice to see you (without Pig Anus Tar)

I have no idea where I am.

Black coffee please.

You are in the Bar,

Makes F_E an extra strong Black Coffee

Thanks guys.

<adds ice to black coffee and drinks it in one>

I had four hours sleep after finishing my presentation of my paper critique at 3AM. I hopped out of bed as soon as the alarm went off, next thing I know I blink and it's 0730, only half an hour to get ready to leave. I'm a bit more awake now I'm at college, had a 20 minute power nap on the bus.

Have a good day, Bar!

Well I might be about to have a heart attack, but at least I'm awake enough to do my work now. Mixing Coke with energy drink and adding some instant coffee granules definitely has an effect. Only problem could be that I might not have the attention span to concentrate on anything anymore.

I've blanked out when waking up too. It's funny, you'll be staring at your (blanket trying to talk
yourself out of bed/clothes trying to pick what to wear/desk searching for your assignment) and
you'll realize that it's 15 minutes later than it was just a second ago.

Well I might be about to have a heart attack, but at least I'm awake enough to do my work now. Mixing Coke with energy drink and adding some instant coffee granules definitely has an effect. Only problem could be that I might not have the attention span to concentrate on anything anymore.

I remember doing something like that in my final year of Engineering. It had a good affect, instead of being completely comotosed I was just plain exhausted. Coming down off that much of a caffeine high was not fun though (I ended up having a power nap under a desk in the computer suite .....

I remember doing something like that in my final year of Engineering. It had a good affect, instead of being completely comotosed I was just plain exhausted. Coming down off that much of a caffeine high was not fun though (I ended up having a power nap under a desk in the computer suite .....

Happens to me almost every day. I pour myself an extra large (and I do mean extra large) coffee at home, and buy a humongous (32 oz) energy drink on the way to work. As a result, I'm incredibly productive between 9 and 11 am. But Around 1 o'clock I crash. And there's no naps for me.

Somehow there is still some snow on the ground, but for the most part it is gone. It was nice while it lasted, I guess. I didn't think to build a snowman, I guess I'll have to do that next year.
This weekend will wipe out whatever snow is left by then, it is supposed to get into the mid 70s, which is a big change from the 18 degrees it was when I left this morning.

Dew please, I'm doing homework.
(Click for ranting)
It's another of those ***-****ed online classes. If I pass the assignments, I can do the test that goes with them, and then move on to the next thing. Except the assignment I keep doing isn't multiple choice, and that makes the teacher have to grade them herself. And I have no way of knowing how I did, since she doesn't send you the results. So I have done this freaking thing 6 times, and apparently have not passed it once.

<dews PCM>

Playing with my new phone, which I only half wanted. I have a digital camera and a Creative MP3 player, so really didn't need a phone that was more camera or music orientated, but I ended up with an OK one I guess. The thing that bugs me most is I'm not sure which of my songs to have as an alarm? What normally happens is after a couple of weeks at waking up at 7AM to <insert song here> I can barely listen to it again...

Regardless...

Lager top for me.

GL to PCM.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High