Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

Oh, I jsut read cricket and it reminded me of the staff canteen (spelling?) at a place where I worked in London, where there were all sorts of cricket stuff on the walls, and I found them.... awkward?

How's things pcm? You're still playing the actual game or have you been reduced to a complete forumite yet? :)
I'm lurking for d3 details now and then, I just can't wait for them to announce the 2 remaining classes! (I bet this has all been discussed about 500 times already, but..) I'm really hoping for 2 new classes along with the wd

Is talking about D3 in the bar on or off topic? :p

I'd forgotten all about D3 with college work, my X360 games, and Median XL. If D3 turns out to be pants, I think I'd be quite happy with a bit of MXL. However I'll still jump head-first into D3 to find out, probably trying out the WD class first.

I just hope that it comes out after the summer at the earliest, so I can finish my school work and enjoy the summer with my wife before ignoring her completely and becoming Blizzard's prisoner until 4AM every night.

When lance is here in Australia I will try and get a photo of him for you Pman, then you can use it as your tar :p (no promises though)

I can't promise anything, I don't know the schedule of the tour yet and working 8:30-5:30 every week day makes it a bit difficult. But if I can get down there (and I would like to) I will take a photo for you :p

woot sidhe!!!!!!!! *nailguns sidhe to the chair*

Lately i've been playing fallout 3 on my new ps3. its fairly awesome. although melee weapons arent nearly as good as in previous fallout. on the other hand my melee weapon IS a flaming sword. nonetheless its awesome.
and mortal kombat VS DC universe. also an awesome crossover. who doesnt want to beat the snot out of superman with raiden

Stella artois for me, please; gotta get a bit of a tolerance on for my birthday soon!

I'd be psyched to see Lance, too, after he announced his retirement. Sometimes I think if I look hard enough around town I'll see him, but I doubt he'd want to fight the city traffic here...

I laughed when I saw DC Univerise vs. MK commercials. Maybe it's me, but I can't envision Superman being malovently evil enough to melt someone with his heat vision. Same for the likes of Captain America or The Flash. The bad guys, sure, but it seems so out of context. Then again, I've been anti MK since MKIII... That, and I've never been a fan of the cross-over tournament fighters. Sure, it was kind of cool to see Mega Man throw down some fighting moves, but otherwise... I guess I'm just a skeptical gamer. :dontknow:

And the reason I thought about changing my 'tar for the "Iggins" character from Invader Zim is simple: My last name is Higgins, and I swear one of the writers must have met me as a 12 year-old and based Iggins off of me. I probably was spouting about Earthbound, Super Metroid, and FFIII in those days in the exact same manner. :yes:

I love Zim, so I vote you change your tar to Iggins(!). Then Thy should change hers to Gaz and make your life miserable.

I've heard that Lance rides around Austin, but I imagine there are quite a few people living in Austin, so finding him may be difficult. A famous person lives in Winston, that dude who was Oswald on the Drew Carey shows, and I always think maybe I'll see him at the mall or something. Never do.

Whut? Someone called?

Bit of light reading for the disorganized amongst us. Don't panic, if you can find your mouse, you'll like it. :)

Tea please and keep them coming. Discovered a message on my mobile while I was waiting near the airport saying the plan was an hour late. Hey ho, at least I got four hours sleep. 300miles before breakfast; been a while since I did that.

Ah well relaxy time now. :D

*brews some English tea*
Here you go, Gaz. Ahh, I mean Thy!! :wink: I'll be sure to read that when I get back to work tonight. I try not to visit the forums too often when I'm home since I usually have about 2.5 hours to waste while on the clock. I need SOMETHING to do while I'm there!

After a little work, I hope that I've kept the spirit of the old with the new in my avatar. It's still the Triforce, but it's totally Iggins!-ized. Too bad you can't get the distorted guitar slide and rock-star "IGGINS!" voice when you mouse over it. :crazyeyes:

"I saw an opening and I went for it. That's how I beat the Katchukablorg in Battle Battle Footy Kick, and that's why I'm the superior gamer." HaHAAA!

All way over my head.

I managed to go out to the D&B club after work on Saturday (till 5AM) *and* get six hours sleep *and* get up for work today. And I feel jolly good about it.

Green tea please. I'm off to watch the Superbowl.

I'm more of a Gir fan myself, but I can quote Zim and Dib from memory as well.

*crash into a dumpster*
"Gir, why did you run out of fuel so quickly?"
"I emptied it"
"You emptied it? Why?!"
"To make room for the tuuunaaa"
*grabs foot and begins slurping tuna out the bottom of it"

Back when I lived in Maine, it was always a birthday tradition to plug in a gigantic Christmas light star. Now that I'm far removed from those days, I'm asking if anyone has any cool birthday traditions. Besides seeing the girlfriend tonight, I've got nothing to do today, and I don't feel drinking myself into oblivion... yet. ;)

Going back a couple days, I just wanted to share that BBC America's gonna start showing new(er) episodes of Top Gear starting Monday, so I'm psyched about that.

And that piece about organized chaos, Thyiad? Uh, yeah, that was a truly chaotic ramble he threw out there. I went to college as an English major, and I have to say that he certainly proved his point about being easily distracted; no three paragraphs had anything to do with each other besides saying, "I'm messy." It wasn't anything more than a 1,000 word piece, but he used a derivation of the word 'pontificate' eleven times. If a single, easily recognizable word is used more than 1% of the time in something so short, I'd guess another book he owns but needs to buy again is a thesaurus.

Dib: [in Zim's thought bubble] "See you AND your parents tonight, Zim! And by the way, it's not called 'Parent Teacher Night.' It's called Zim Doom...Doom Zim...Zimmy...Doom night. [chortles] Watch out for that puppy." [Zim trips over the puppy]

"Hi floor! Make me a sammich!"

Zim: "I put a tracking device on you."
Dib: "You did? Where is it?"
[GIR is grabbing the back of his head]
Gir: "Your head smells like a puppy!"

Dib: [gasping] "Sorry I'm late... horrible... nightmare visions!"
Ms. Bitters: "It's called life, Dib. Now sit down."

"Children, your performance was miserable. Your parents will all receive phone calls instructing them to love you less now."

lol @ TheRedMenace, I got that feeling too (and I did Engineering) - Seriously though, one of the first things I learnt while doing Engineering was how to write a short and succinct report. Unfortunately my forum posts still tend to rumble :S

Oh and I lol'd at the Irony of a Texan picking up on an Englishmen on his (mis)use of English :p

@ everyone, I caved and changed my Tar too. I didn't understand all the Zim references so went with something I do understand, good ol fashioned beer :)

To be fair, I'm not an official Texan. ;) I'm from Maine, a state in the northeast, where snow is plentiful and people assume we don't have electricity and still use outhouses. Strangely enough, I used to say y'all well before I came here... and I do wish I had a mega-sized cowboy hat. :whistling: But I'm the same way; I write way too much most of the time. I'd rather work a little harder to get my point across than be succinct and leave any doubt.

@FastE: Uh, wha? Superbowl? I know what that means here, but what exactly are you talking about?

I assume by Outhouse you been an Outdoor Dunny :p. My next door neighbor had one, although it is very very unusual (especially where I live - in a fairly affluent suburb).

@ everyone, free Beer if you can guess what the beer in my Tar is. My bet is that Joosh (or Machete) will guess it first.

Edit: @TRM how do you stand an internet forum having a degree in English, I am betting you have to bite your tongue (fingers?) to stop yourself correcting everyone :)

Eh, it's pretty easy. I just bask in the glory knowing that I'm more intellegent than everyone else. :wink: No, first I have to clarify that I never graduated, so technically I dropped out of the English language. And besides reading over everyone's papers in high school and college, I also worked in a peer tutor center in college that was focused on English as a second language students. But while I was there, I had to focus on the elemental structure of writing the perfect paper rather than fixing grammatical errors.

Quick wrap up; it's quitting time at work! :thumbup:

And yes, I meant a brick ****house.

@ TRM: I strangely enjoy watching films about American football. I think it's the camaraderie and the half-time pep talks. Regardless, I thought I knew enough about the sport to watch a real Superbowl. I somehow acquired a Superbowl from a few years ago and am half-way through watching it. I was wrong about knowing anything about the game, but it's very fun to watch, but very *very* American.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High