ESU # 3 - July 2015

I'm doing stand-up at a bar tonight, but should be done in time to meet up with you guys. Might be closer to 11, but I should be there. Big D should go quickly, I've run the CS a couple of times this week for fun and our resists seem solid.

Don't rush home on our account!

If things go well, you may have a night ahead of you. Then again, maybe you do stand-up all the time and are sick of the after-parties, autographs and meaningless sex. I know I am.

Now look at what you've done, Tai. All I'll be able to think about this afternoon are the punch-lines of D2 jokes as told by famous comedians. "...No, I said Horadric MALUS. Put that away!". Thankfully, they're all really bad jokes.

Good luck.

Just getting home and can't get the laptop that has D2 on it to start... This one has internet, but can't install D2. Not honestly sure what to do. Might have to catch up later. Sorry guys...

We made it through to the Frozen River, and called it a night there. I was a little under the weather, so we only played about 90 minutes. We'll do Baal next week and run him 'til we're ready for hell.

The only good drop I can recall was a 2OS Grim Shield that Yogi rhymed. We also crafted some exceptionally terrible things, spent a lot of money at Anya and burned the rest of our Pgems re-rolling a GC. Gambler's fallacy followed by gamber's ruin.

The high point was proving once again that big D is not good at multi-tasking.;) Between Zinc's shock wave and my cloak of shadows we kept D in stun-lock for most of the battle. We are solid against bosses but witches and gloams gave us some trouble.:eek:

Just got my computer up and running internet-wise for a bit. I'll go get caught up to the Frozen River and do a couple of runs to make sure I have decent level and gear for going forward.

Sorry about not being able to make it. The show ran late, then a cute girl wanted to talk and computer issues. I blame the gods.

Not to bathe too deeply in the promulgation of hegemonic masculinity, but did ye talk the 'ell outta 'er? -say no more-

And don't go running up the frozen river just to get yourself killed. Sorceresses are fragile things, especially in the hands of inexperienced D2 charlatans.

DoctorGonzo helped Myk finish normal last night with a sorceress (and two drones). He's going to try to get through NM for Monday night. This should increase our killing power tremendously. Of course, now we have two sorceresses.

I think this is the first time I've ever seen numbers go up in one of these things.

Tragedy befalls DoctorGonzo! I was hunting around in act 2 NM when the game locked up completely. DoctorGonzo was probably killed by a pack of those undead mages in tal rasha's tomb. I will never know, as I saw no deeds, only the frozen image of a receding past. RIP DoctorGonzo and your Pul + 2 Ko runes.

I have two other chars running: a lvl 26 Barbarian & a lvl 80 Sorceress. The sorc is too old, but the barb is surprisingly similar to the bear; and i was shooting for a singer. The only problem is that I don't have much time this weekend to play / level, and I've got another 30 levels to catch up.

Myk, what level is your sorc? maybe i can hitch a ride?

Last edited:
She's 39 now. I won't have a whole lot of time to pull in over the weekend, but who knows?

Actually, 40. I can't find the edit button anywhere? I haven't gone any further than the Black Marsh yet.

I've got at least enough Hsaru's set, if needed, and I just scored an "Insight"able Battle Scythe to trade Ahsab when yours hits 27. What goes around... wait, I hope not... Anyhow, I'd be happy to share any of my loot with you if you need it.

Getting you to level up shouldn't be hard, either: I did about 1-2 more Baal runs and then went straight to Nightmare and the levels were easier there than Norm.

I also made "Spirit" and a solid shield, so teleporting is on the safer side of dancing in traffic.

If you're around and looking for trouble, ping via email. I'm trying to not be glued to the computer all weekend so my family gets some attention, but the squeaky wheel gets the grease. :)

I'm in the same position here. It's a holiday weekend that's booked solid. I may need to skip a week to get caught up. I'm at Diablo now, but don't want to risk the kill. Maybe we can check in Monday a little earlier and see where we get? If the team doesn't mind getting me caught up we can adjust accordingly.

I can probably pop on for a bit this afternoon to help if anyone needs. I still have a bit of catching up to do, but I'm good like that and can take people along with me no problem.

I think Monday during the day I'll be busy-ish, but normal run time I'll be around.

There's grass to mow, dishes to wash, and rooms to clean this afternoon. I'll come on early Monday night (7-8 EST). If anyone can make it that early to get me moving, it would be appreciated. Otherwise, I'll have to sit this week out and get caught up for the next week.

I'd play tonight, but I have a Seiken Densetsu 3 + 40s evening planned with my brother. There won't be any risky HC playing after that. Sunday is a music night, but I might have some time earlier than later.

It's no big deal and maybe for the best. I gave away all the good stuff I found and the bear was just going to be pumping synergies to the end. This will be a lot more fun. Though I am sorry about the runes.

My condolences Zinc. Yeah, level up that Barb. My weekend is pretty tied up too but I should be able to get on Mon. for a little catch up.

It was only a matter of time. When I run the game on my laptop, it crashes every few hours. On the home PC it's pretty rare, though it has happened before. I don't run it windowed, but maybe I should start. I'm using Windows 7; does anyone know if -w is more stable? It was the third hang/freeze since I started playing again (3 freezes in 50 hours isn't so bad). Thankfully, the other two episodes were (1) in town and (2) in the middle of nowhere.

I strictly run in window mode. It's not without it's disadvantages: smaller view, easy to click 'outside', and I tend to let other things distract me (music player, IM)...

Though, It sounds like maybe there's something else being problematic rather than if the game is run in a window or not. Are you running the game in any of the windows compatibility modes? You might try one of the XP (SP1 or SP2) modes. I think there's even a interactive wizard that guides you through picking a compat mode that might be worth looking into. That's my best.

I'm running it in XP SP2. As mentioned, the problem is so rare that I had more or less forgotten about it. As soon as it happened I thought it was a graphic or animation loading hiccup, which happens from time to time. After 1.2 seconds, I knew I was dead. I had lost a character like this before, but it was a different decade, computer, and character.

So, if nobody is horribly upset by the capricious manner in which I treated my ESU character, I wouldn't mind piggy-backing through Norm Diablo, some norm Baals (nd then most of NM) early Monday evening.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High